The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I'm trying to sneak in some trips when the weather is amazing in the fall. Have one penciled in over DW's bday weekend back to her alumnus, K-State, for a football game. And by penciled in I mean I have applied for vacation and have a spot reserved. Just need the game tix now.

StubHub is ready when you are, buddy.

Not trying to sound like an arrogant Alabama season ticket holder of four decades but KSU tix should be easy to pick up if you get free on that weekend.

Ed

PS - kudos to getting that in for "her birthday". Is she a fan, really? Or just a reason to get to go to a game?

StubHub is ready when you are, buddy.

Not trying to sound like an arrogant Alabama season ticket holder of four decades but KSU tix should be easy to pick up if you get free on that weekend.

There are plenty of tickets left. As you alluded, I'm waiting for work to give me the thumbs up. It's an early season out of conference "hopeful" KSU stomp of Nevada. Don't worry about sounding arrogant. When it comes to fans of Alabama, or really SEC football in general, you guys just can't help it. :rotfl2:
giphy.gif

PS - kudos to getting that in for "her birthday". Is she a fan, really? Or just a reason to get to go to a game?

She is absolutely a fan. She went to school there (probably the last time they were consistently decent). She isn't a fair weather fan and understands the state of the program. When it all comes down to it though, only one game that's really important...squashing KU. Any other W on the season is cherries on top.

We took a similar trip in our old rig in 2018 with no kids. It was a great trip.

img_20180915_140121-jpg.599509

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_140121.jpg
    IMG_20180915_140121.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 90
We have a couple of weekends off and then head out for 2 weeks to North Carolina and Tennessee.

We are back in school, so trips are now limited to weekends only. So I am going to work on some trip planning for this year and early next year. One place I want to book next spring is Devils Backbone brewery campground. It's really gorgeous there, in the middle of central VA wine country plus on the brewery property. Perfect for us who like to do those things when the kids are with their father.

Also my youngest niece Cora was born on 8/21, the family is doing great and just went home yesterday!! Now to work out when I can make a trip up there to see them.

They are tired, yet well. The planned normal birth and Dr. went C-section after a 8 hours after babies heart rate was irregular during contractions. Cora is healthy no issues, mom is and was sore as expected. Dad (Melissa's brother 7 years younger) is elated, tired and I'm going to guess by tomorrow overwhelmed till Kate can do more after healing up.

They are tired, yet well. The planned normal birth and Dr. went C-section after a 8 hours after babies heart rate was irregular during contractions. Cora is healthy no issues, mom is and was sore as expected. Dad (Melissa's brother 7 years younger) is elated, tired and I'm going to guess by tomorrow overwhelmed till Kate can do more after healing up.

Good news all around - congrats to them and all!

All I can say is there's a reason we have kids when we're young! I can't fathom managing the newborn thing today!

Think it's easier now with the parents vaccinated then it was when a co-worker had a 2 week old at the beginning of the COVID shutdown. That said they are both teachers and that brings a new challenge too.

Here's your quiz for the day. There is a Shawnee Wine Trail not far from the campground. It is blazingly hot and Donna's knee is acting up, so hiking is out.

How many of the wineries will Jim and Donna hit today?

#1 Owl Creek Vineyard

20210828_113814_copy_1280x720.jpg

#2 Alto Vineyards

20210828_123109_copy_1280x720.jpg

#3 Peach Barn Winery

20210828_130010_copy_1280x720.jpg

20210828_130030_copy_1280x720.jpg

I found this in one of the wineries. It supposedly shows the wineries in Illinois. Scattered through the state until you get down by Carbondale and Marion at the bottom. That's right where we are.

20210828_131604_copy_1024x1820.jpg

:woohoo::drinking1

Starview Vineyards

20210828_135918_copy_1280x720.jpg

20210828_135823_copy_1280x720.jpg

Feather Hills Vineyard and Winery

20210828_144300_copy_1280x720.jpg

20210828_144506_copy_1280x720.jpg

#6 Blue Sky Winery

20210828_152634_copy_1280x720_1.jpg

Stay tuned.

j

Last edited:
Ran out of pics.

Blue Sky definitely has the best ambience and food, although the 1st one, Owl Creek was pretty good.

Last pics.

20210828_152830_01_copy_1280x960_1.jpg

20210828_153114_copy_2016x1134.jpg

So the correct answer is 6. And the sleep number bed in the motorhome is a 25.

Unless we find another one in the way back to the camper. Decent, not great wine, but a fabulous day.

j

Last edited:
Here's your quiz for the day. There is a Shawnee Wine Trail not far from the campground. It is blazingly hot and Donna's knee is acting up, so hiking is out.

How many of the wineries will Jim and Donna hit today?

#1 Owl Creek Vineyard

View attachment 600541

#2 Alto Vineyards

View attachment 600542

#3 Peach Barn Winery

View attachment 600543

View attachment 600544

I found this in one of the wineries. It supposedly shows the wineries in Illinois. Scattered through the state until you get down by Carbondale and Marion at the bottom. That's right where we are.

View attachment 600547

:woohoo::drinking1

Starview Vineyards

View attachment 600555

View attachment 600559

Feather Hills Vineyard and Winery

View attachment 600563

View attachment 600564

#6 Blue Sky Winery

View attachment 600569

Stay tuned.

j

If @Teamubr/Jim was doing the tasting, I hope DW/Donna was doing the driving. :rolleyes1

<jk> It does sound like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Ed

How do you tell if its bad wine after glass number 4?
All I'll say is it takes a refined palate.

We actually paced ourselves pretty well. The 2 lane roads running around this part of the state are pretty remote, but 6 glasses of wine over 6 hours, with food at a couple of places kept us on the good side of a DUI.

Enjoyable day.

j

To anyone In Ida's path hope and prayers for your safety.
Thanks Mike

It seems a little funny, but the track is supposed to take it right across the part of S. IL/W. KY that I am in now. I'll be back in StL by tomorrow, but the news is saying potentially inches of rain and pretty good wind.

j

Thanks Mike

It seems a little funny, but the track is supposed to take it right across the part of S. IL/W. KY that I am in now. I'll be back in StL by tomorrow, but the news is saying potentially inches of rain and pretty good wind.

j

We are watching the path also, as it is going to eventually make it's way across PA. Depending on the path we are looking at up to six inches of rain, and the ground is pretty saturated already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter