The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Penny is a cutie. Good luck all of you in the wake of that snow storm. That is the reason I live in Central Texas. We rarely have snow. Couple of weeks back we had a dusting of snow. We don't know how to drive in weather like you are having or a small amt of snow.

Don, I wonder if you could call Bendix directly and ask them who in the local area can help you?
It's possible I guess, worth a try. I found out that Peterbilt installs the system on their new trucks. I called the local sales/service and as soon as I said RV, they wouldn't even talk to me. Not just no, but don't call back. I'll keep at it since they are of zero use to me at this point. I've got 6 tires in the rear that need replacing and I'm going to have to make a decision soon- stay with what I have, or replace with another product, which is why I'm following here.

Penny is a cutie. Good luck all of you in the wake of that snow storm. That is the reason I live in Central Texas. We rarely have snow. Couple of weeks back we had a dusting of snow. We don't know how to drive in weather like you are having or a small amt of snow.

We faired well so far. About 4" yesterday, some more overnight and today. Since I WFH I didn't have to worry about commute. Melissa and the Kids got a snow day, though since its Monday which is their asynchronous day it doesn't feel as special to them.

It's possible I guess, worth a try. I found out that Peterbilt installs the system on their new trucks. I called the local sales/service and as soon as I said RV, they wouldn't even talk to me. Not just no, but don't call back. I'll keep at it since they are of zero use to me at this point. I've got 6 tires in the rear that need replacing and I'm going to have to make a decision soon- stay with what I have, or replace with another product, which is why I'm following here.

It seems weird to me that a truck tire shop would not have that tool. Its not like they did not use that generation of SmartTire in commercial units as well. That why I suggested contacting Bendix, because best I found so far in searching is it uses a 125khz signal to trigger initiation and relearn. A lot of systems used that for years, so I cannot see how it is that narrow of an ability.

I don't want to think about taxes yet. Our conversation isn't about covering a trip. It's more about how negatively it will impact a trip. I don't think we have had a return in at least 10 years. Good news is, I get to make the interest instead of the government. And this isn't necessarily by choice. I can't seem to get work to take enough out of my check to cover it. Every year, I take how much I had to pay, divide that by 26 and have that much extra taken out of my check. It never seems to work out.

j

@Teamubr we don’t overpay too much. We are expecting our return to be enough to pay for a week at FW and fuel at most. We have 4 big donation pickups after clearing out moms storage unit. It might help.

@PaHunter that stinks. Still need to plow the drive one more time. About 2” remain from yesterday to scrape up that I left there in case of freezing rain.

Is anybody waiting to make a room only 2022 reservation at the Fort?

giphy.gif

Oh, I mean besides me ...... :rolleyes:

I just put together the plan for the January 2022 getaway to the sun/fun in SW Florida. Booked 9 nights down there. But it's too far to make it in one day so I want to put in a few days at the Fort during the drive down. @garneska has inspired me to do a couple January days with no parks. I would go weekday rates, Tent level site, Value season for maybe 3-4 nights.

But you STILL can't call in to make a 2022 room only reservation yet. How long will we have to wait?

Waiting%20Sebastian_zps0rr0rx9j.gif

Bama Ed

I need to book spring break 2022 as right now DD band is to be there marching. I hate idea of going during spring break due to ignorance of crowds but if the plans hold together I'll suffer it out.

We may have a summer stay in 2022, but I'm not too worried about it this soon - your January dates are much more complicated. I AM worried about AP's. We had a whole year of trips in mind where we would use miles and DVC points for parent/child one-on-one trips (as well as one for DW and me) that would be bookended by FW trips each summer. That entire plan crashes, however, if we can't get AP's by our August trip.

We are still counting down to summer 2021, 2022 has not been discussed yet, though there is likely one of our DVC stays on the horizon.

I just put together the plan for the January 2022 getaway to the sun/fun in SW Florida.
Where are you headed?

Donna and I are looking for somewhere a little warmer than NC to spend next January. Looking at somewhere along the Gulf Coast or on the Atlantic side from St Augustine to Daytona Beach.

j

Where are you headed?

Donna and I are looking for somewhere a little warmer than NC to spend next January. Looking at somewhere along the Gulf Coast or on the Atlantic side from St Augustine to Daytona Beach.

j

I sent you a PM regarding my plans, Teamubr.

There is a highly regarded KOA in St. Augustine Beach - I saw it when I stayed nearby in Anastasia SP. I like St. Augustine but want to go very much further south next trip. And I vastly prefer the Gulf beaches to the Atlantic side (and I lived in Jupiter for a while too on the Atlantic side).

The 11-month window is hitting now for FL state parks in early-mid January 2022 and snow birds are locking in plans for a year from now. I'd recommend making plans soon or else all that's left will be the expensive spots.

Ed

And yes
I need to book spring break 2022 as right now DD band is to be there marching. I hate idea of going during spring break due to ignorance of crowds but if the plans hold together I'll suffer it out.

Did two different high school marching band trips through the Magic Kingdom and a third one at Universal (three different kids across five years).

Hope you get a daytime march slot, tiggerdad, for your DD. Sometimes the high school bands were part of the afternoon parade and sometimes they were just sent off by themselves in the afternoon from the Splash Mtn end to the castle and down Main Street. Guess they could squeeze in more schools that way.

The toughest was the last trip in MK because they marched in the dark as part of the evening parade from Main Street back to Frontierland. You need to be a professional photographer to get decent pictures at night - cellphones don't cut it.

It will be a fun trip for your DD for sure. Who knows what things will be like a year plus from now. And yes they are only young once so whatever happens will be a fantastic memory.

Good luck!

Ed

PS - your/DW decision will be whether or not to be an official band chaperone (stay in their hotels, travel with them, be responsible for a couple kids in the parks) or be unofficial and travel in parallel to the Fort and just "show up" in the same parks on the same days as they are/will be. We were always "unofficial" which allowed us to stay at the Fort. But it always comes together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter