The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I met the criteria to join I meet requirements 1, 2, 4, 10, 13, 22, 48, 61, 75, 102, 119

I am definitely a loyal disney fan!!

We are taking our second trip with our little guys in just over two months...we are (I mean--I am) ready to go.

My wife just tells me to do my thing!! Make the reservations--air, lodging, tickets, park/show itineraries ADR's, etc. Overall she gave up trying to help!!

i broke double digits this past sunday, its now 98 days to go!:woohoo::banana: hope everyone is doing well. finaly got the house painting project done this weekend. hung the last pair of shutters and put indoor/outdoor carpeting on the front steps.

Hey dads, I have a question. Like some, I am an early packer. Im getting things together for our Nov 10th trip. I am pretty hot natured, but was wondering if I can get by with my usual shorts and Tees for every day. Any advice from the more shaply dads would be greatly appreciated.

Hey dads, I have a question. Like some, I am an early packer. Im getting things together for our Nov 10th trip. I am pretty hot natured, but was wondering if I can get by with my usual shorts and Tees for every day. Any advice from the more shaply dads would be greatly appreciated.

Wayyyyyyyyy back in 1994 I went in January...I remeber I bought a really lite-weight Mickey Hoody...as I got a little chilly...but November should be a little warmer than January...and I was fine until well after the sun went down.

Just checked my countdown clock...17 days...19 hours...8 minutes until my schedule departure time from TN to drive down to the CSR!!!

Sounds like we'll be there about the same time. We went in Nov a couple of years ago and I remember having to buy a pair of shorts because I was too hot during the day, so I would think you should be fine with shorts / t-shirts during the day. I would pack a pair of jeans / pants to have as well just to be safe in the evening.

Man, you guys are making me jealous:laughing:

Temp range in November is going to be from hot, to cold, to nice--and you may get all in three days--and I'm not kidding:lmao:

As for my trip, looks like we're going to head back in January...I get to play in the sandbox (again:confused3) until Early December, but it's on when I get back!!:cool1::cool1:

Sign me up. Second generation Disney Dad, if I read the criteria correctly.
Sitting at the port on our Disney cruise March '08, I called my Dad and told him I blamed him for this constant spending of money and planning trips. He chuckled and accepted the blame and wished us a wonderful cruise.

He took my mom, sister, and I in early summer of '72. I remember staying at the Contemporary way back then. I took my future wife to our first vacation together in '90 and stayed at the Polynesian. It was a test trip, and she passed, so I married her.

We cruise again in 5 weeks. Then we already are in the process of planning trips for June of '10 and June of '11. DS(14) and DD(8) love Disney. I have been blessed. Of course, I remember when DS was 2 and taking him into the basement, leaving it dark and spinning him around in his stroller so that he would be ready for the rides.

My poor sister has a 10 year old son who still cannot stand anybody wearing a costume. Her family has never been to Disney since I talked her into a 1 day trip before her son was born.

I agree with what the others have said - you should be fine w/shorts and tees, but maybe a pair of jeans for the evenings. As a Florida native, I will tell you that early November is a bit iffy. It ~can~ get cool, but generally is still quite hot during the days...

Thanks for the all the good info. When im not in the oilfield I take every oportunity I can get to just relax and put on some comfy clothes. So being able to relax in a Tee and some shorts pretty important to me. As for (middlepat), you should look for us, I always hang the lime green mickey from my backpack and would love to meet a fellow disdad. Hope to see you.

We....I mean I'm packing the minivan as I write this and hoping to have an 8pm departure time out of the driveway and pointing it southbound.I was able to get an extra day so if everything goes right we should be checking in at the VWL at around noon tomorrow.WDW bound or bust:woohoo:

Sounds like we'll be there about the same time. We went in Nov a couple of years ago and I remember having to buy a pair of shorts because I was too hot during the day, so I would think you should be fine with shorts / t-shirts during the day. I would pack a pair of jeans / pants to have as well just to be safe in the evening.
hay midlepat, you have to tell me, what is it like traveling with 4 women? i need a mini van for the belongings of 2 women.

hay midlepat, you have to tell me, what is it like traveling with 4 women? i need a mini van for the belongings of 2 women.

Traveling? I thought I was just the driver/bellhop/financier. Actually my wife is fairly low maintenance and the girls are still young enough that they haven't started to develop the "I need 4 outfits a day" habits.

As for (middlepat), you should look for us, I always hang the lime green mickey from my backpack and would love to meet a fellow disdad. Hope to see you.

We'll be on the lookout for the LGM. I'll get one as well to hang off the stroller of our wee one.

QUOTE=middlepat;32556073]Traveling? I thought I was just the driver/bellhop/financier. Actually my wife is fairly low maintenance and the girls are still young enough that they haven't started to develop the "I need 4 outfits a day" habits.[/QUOTE]oops, im sorry. i missed the ages there. youll have to remeber what you said in about 12 years. :lmao:

We've been twice in November and have seen both extremes. When we went in Nov 2006 they had record lows and even had real snow flurries. I had to buy a jacket while we were there because I hadn't bothered to pack one. Last year, I packed the jacket I had bought in 2006 and never changed out of my usual shorts and T-shirt. It's probably best to be prepared for both. When we went last year I packed my jacket and 2 pairs of jeans and then the rest is what I pack for our summer trips. When we plan another trip for November I will pack the same way, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter