The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a great club, thanks for starting it. I meet several of the criteria, in fact I am drinking coffee out of one of my many Disney mugs as I am writing this.

I do have A couple of new criteria for you.

1. " A year before your wedding your best friend tells you he thinks your just getting in to WDW because you are trying to get in good with your fiances Disney fanatic parents, then two years after you have been married he tells you he has never been more wrong about anything."

2. " Your goal is to stay at every resort on property and you are always asking friends of yours, who are in the military, to go on vacation with you so you can get onto Shades of Green"

Thanks again, Jenna's Dad.

DISNEYLAND-87 POFQ-99 WLV-08
OKW-95,97,01,02,07 CONTEMPORARY-03 BWI-00
BWV-04,06 POLY-02 CS-98
BCV-05,08 GF-97 AS MUSIC-98
MAGIC-99,01 WL-99

What a great club, thanks for starting it. I meet several of the criteria, in fact I am drinking coffee out of one of my many Disney mugs as I am writing this.

I do have A couple of new criteria for you.

1. " A year before your wedding your best friend tells you he thinks your just getting in to WDW because you are trying to get in good with your fiances Disney fanatic parents, then two years after you have been married he tells you he has never been more wrong about anything."

2. " Your goal is to stay at every resort on property and you are always asking friends of yours, who are in the military, to go on vacation with you so you can get onto Shades of Green"

Thanks again, Jenna's Dad.

HAHA! I love the new criteria! Welcome to the club!
You are member # 323

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Hey fellow Dads.

Coming up on the month mark to our AKL trip and I'm looking for some last minute advice on July travel to the world.
We've never done the summer thing and to be honest I'm not a big fan of extreme crowds. So my strategy is to hit the parks at the opening and heading to the pool for the afternoon.
We've got some great dinner adrs planned, so the nights should be dinner then fireworks.

Any opinions, thoughts, and/or tips are welcome.

It's going to be myself, the wife, and our 2 and 4 year old girls.

:thumbsup2

Hey fellow Dads.

Coming up on the month mark to our AKL trip and I'm looking for some last minute advice on July travel to the world.
We've never done the summer thing and to be honest I'm not a big fan of extreme crowds. So my strategy is to hit the parks at the opening and heading to the pool for the afternoon.
We've got some great dinner adrs planned, so the nights should be dinner then fireworks.

sounds like plan. it get some what warm in the mid day! thats the way we do it anytime we go down. it may get somw what warm during the afternoon hours!have a good trip, im sure we will talk to you before hand.:thumbsup2

Hey fellow Dads.

Haven't been to the World during the summer either... that's crazy talk :scared: but I think you have a good plan by visiting the parks early and taking advantage of the pool in the afternoon. Even in May this was a good strategy to avoid the large crowds in the middle of the afternoon.

I'm excited for you! Not too much longer :cool1:

Hey fellow Dads.

I'll be at the CSR around the same time...July18-29.

Our plan is to hit the parks both early and late...taking advantage of the EMH's on late days...depending on how late we stay is how early we tackle a park the next day.

Maybe I'll see you down there. I'll be the slightly chubby one wearing a San Diego Chargers hat (either Powder Blue, Navy, or Kakhi). :thumbsup2

Hey fellow Dads.

I would definately make good use of fastpasses. Get in and get them early, remember you can also use your fastpass after the time posted. ie. if it says return 9:15-10:15, that fast pass is good after 10:15 as well. We get some fast passes in the morning and use them in the evening when we came back to the park. Sometimes EMH at night can make the park really busy during that day. If you have hoppers maybe visit another park during the day and then hit EMH that night. If you haven't been since TSM opened in DHS, you really want to get to that first. We had a posted wait time of over an hour sometimes and we were there in Jan.

Good luck, and have a great time.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter