The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you did, DAD, but aren't you glad I shut it down in the middle of the night, with minimal activity going on? (except for my own, of course...) And are you glad that I was a voice of reason yesterday, trying to slow everyone else down so it wouldn't become a mad house? And aren't you glad that you were working on being prepared yesterday, so you weren't caught off-guard this time around, like you were for VII? And aren't you glad that you could seemlessly open up VIII this morning early, so as to avoid a crushing rash of posts on the Transitional thread?

Don you ever feel like a waterboarding would be a vacation compared to all this grilling? :rotfl2:

Yeah.. even AFTER I told them not to go and get it closed while I was sleeping! :lmao::lmao: (looking at Christopher:mad:)
I guess this means we probably shouldn't expect a TR update anytime soon. By the way what are your trip dates going to be again? We'd better make sure we time it so that this thread either closes before you leave or we make it last until you get back.:lmao::rotfl2:

Stopher - I didn't say anything last night because things were moving so fast, but you posted a picture from when you were little just before I went to bed with you and some other kids with a character (Baloo I think?). It was obvious that you and your daughter have very similar facial features. I just couldn't get over how that pic was such an uncanny resemlance to the pics of her in your daddy/daughter TR.

And are you glad that I was a voice of reason yesterday, trying to slow everyone else down so it wouldn't become a mad house?

Voice of reason??? I thought you were just trying to hold everyone else off until you had time to dedicate to achieving your goal of getting the last word in. ;)

Wow I thought for sure she had one more day in her, wasn't expecting to say goodbye to ol' VII so soon. Oh well time to move on to a younger newer model. Helooooo VIII

And here are the final stats on DDC VII.....

Opened 3/1/11
Closed 3/30/11
29 days or 0.97 months

Total Posts = 3757, averaging 130 posts per day

Total Pages = 251, averaging 8.66 pages per day

WOW.

Hmmm not bad, I was a little disappointed that I didn't post more in the last one. I will have to try harder this time.

Thanks for the pictures last night Stopher. That was a pretty cool way to close out the thread, and I have never seen many of the shots that you posted from Disneyland. I never realized that there is so much there that we don't have in WDW. :cool2:

And a Happy B'day to AJRitz! :bday:

Don you ever feel like a waterboarding would be a vacation compared to all this grilling? :rotfl2:

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Stopher - I didn't say anything last night because things were moving so fast, but you posted a picture from when you were little just before I went to bed with you and some other kids with a character (Baloo I think?). It was obvious that you and your daughter have very similar facial features. I just couldn't get over how that pic was such an uncanny resemlance to the pics of her in your daddy/daughter TR.

Yes, it was with Baloo... and yeah, she does resemble me quite a bit. The most of all my children, poor child. Looking back at pictures from my youth - that is all I see - my DD's face - except she got my DW's dark hair.

Voice of reason??? I thought you were just trying to hold everyone else off until you had time to dedicate to achieving your goal of getting the last word in. ;)

Well... I suppose you could call it that, if you really wanted to. But I won't. :rolleyes1

Opened 3/1/11
Closed 3/30/11
29 days or 0.97 months

WOW.

This is impressive. I was happy I was in the top 20 in posts.

Opened 3/1/11
Closed 3/30/11
29 days or 0.97 months

WOW.

Christopher, nice job last night! Loved all the old school pics! ::yes::

And now that 'we' proved a point that the DDC could be closed in a month, can we go back to 'normal' posting? :lmao::lmao:

HEY DON.....

When you ask for our own board, use these stats as exhibit #1! :lmao::lmao:

Love what you've done with the place!

Thanks for the pictures last night Stopher. That was a pretty cool way to close out the thread, and I have never seen many of the shots that you posted from Disneyland. I never realized that there is so much there that we don't have in WDW. :cool2:

You're welcome Mike. Yes, there truly are so many differences between the two resorts. I could have kept going and going... but thankfully didn't need to. I've said it many times before and it bears repeating... Disneyland is definitely worthwhile - and every Disney fan should make it out there at least once in their lifetime.

wow I believe tis was our shortess thread!!
Christopher got his closing!!!!

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 3,757

User Name Posts
stopher1 515
IamTrike 199
DisDadDoc 199
afwdwfan 192
dvczerfs 171
prattpak 168

REALLY? 6th place? I can do better then this, Gentlemen!:rotfl2:

I decided not to change my name. It will remain KTME for the forseeable future. I had a great new name picked out after my favorite disney character...oh well.

Kevin

Christopher, nice job last night! Loved all the old school pics! ::yes::

And now that 'we' proved a point that the DDC could be closed in a month, can we go back to 'normal' posting? :lmao::lmao:

Thanks Tim, it was fun, in a demented sort of way! :rotfl2:

I'm good with going back to a slower pace myself, however, I think others kind of got used to running through nearly 9 pages per day... it seems a lot of us don't really take to working throughout the day, since we can and do "check" (and post) throughout the day either on the computer or phone (as I did most of the afternoon yesterday).

BUT yes - we leave on Monday for Florida, and will be gone a week, or almost a week... so yeah, I will be on a LOT LESS next week - so have you all. Now that I have my "win" - I don't feel the need to close down this one. :thumbsup2

Top of the morning Gents :surfweb:

Looks good Don. I PM you some information to update the list for trips and b-days. Also, you can list my location as Indiana along with my fellow three Hoosiers (native and adopted) listed :thumbsup2

Done :thumbsup2

Missed it by that much…
Looks like I should have stuck around a just little bit longer. Stopher for the win.

By the way, Ol No 8 looks good. Thanks Don. :thumbsup2

Wow i thin k some new records have been set for VII.
Great look on the front page Don looks good

Page 2 :scared1: it's only 7:30 am :confused3 Great Job Don:cool1:

Thanks, guys! This is becoming a full time job! :lmao::lmao:

I decided not to change my name. It will remain KTME for the forseeable future. I had a great new name picked out after my favorite disney character...oh well.

Kevin

Well don't leave us hangin'! What name were you thinking?

Good Morning Fellow DAD's....just hanging around it my day to get the kiddo's off to school....than work exactly 43 days to Disney......DW off to Nursing School...thats my ticket to retirement......:rotfl2: Have a Great Day..and hopefully this will still be open by the time i get home tonight....:surfweb:

That makes two of us... (the last part! :lmao:)

Great job getting this opened Don. To bad the smell of excellence is already floating around here. :lmao:

That's just what we do!

Get to prime my son's new room today (after he goes to school:lmao:) I should have had it done by now but seems like we always have somewhere to go or something comes up:confused3

I want to have it done in 2 weeks, so I can start working on the cars and outside:goodvibes

Have fun with the painting... I had enough of that in the Navy! :rotfl2: Say... you still planning on the BGW trip on the 16th?

Opened 3/1/11
Closed 3/30/11
29 days or 0.97 months

WOW.

:eek::eek::eek: Simply amazing...

:lmao::lmao: Not if Fed was doing it! Drip, drip...

I guess this means we probably shouldn't expect a TR update anytime soon. By the way what are your trip dates going to be again? We'd better make sure we time it so that this thread either closes before you leave or we make it last until you get back.:lmao::rotfl2:

TR update... yeah... about that... :rolleyes1 Hoping to get one done today.. but since SOME people want to go and spend all night posting cool pictures like they have nothing better to do with their time... might be a little late on that one :rolleyes:

I certainly hope this thread moves a little slower... I'm not sure I can keep up with this pace :hyper2: But I'll have my laptop with me and will be able to open the new thread if needed.

Just in cas anyone is wondering.Here are our thread closing winners lol
DDCI ---Dave
DDCII---Don
DDCIII---Tim
DDCIV----Michael(Fed)
DDCV----Mark
DDCVI---Ian
DDCVII--- Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter