The DIS Dad's Club VII - Oh Peanut Butter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were down for Food and Wine, I went into the new Karamel Küche in the Germany Pavilion. I tried the caramel popcorn. For the rest of the trip, I continued trying the caramel popcorn. It is to Cracker Jacks as the filet at Le Cellier is to beef jerky. :thumbsup2

You deserve an knighthood or at least the beverage of your choice at epcot for this recommendation. That stuff is grrrrreaat!:thumbsup2

You deserve an knighthood or at least the beverage of your choice at epcot for this recommendation. That stuff is grrrrreaat!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
Hope y'all are having a magical time!

How are the crowds?

Hey everyone!!

First off welcome to all the new dads!! I know it has been a while since I have been on here, I do get to sneak in and check out what is going on every once in a while though.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I go and open a restaurant and this is what happens.......:scared1:

Numerous new threads, an ever growing disdads website, 2 podcast episodes, literally hundreds of new members, meets, and more than I can see in the pages I have yet to catch up on, which seems like an impossibility at this point.

PEANUT BUTTER CRUD!!! Is all I can say.

Life has been crazy, the restaurant is all consuming, we did get to go DW in Jan and was awesome. My cousin who came with us last Jan was a first timer then went again this Feb and decided to upgrade his tickets to AP's and then went again 3weeks later. He came back and said he can't wait to go back!!:banana:
I love it when they get sucked up into the abyss that is Disney.

So what else is new....:rolleyes1

I have a question for any of our great dads that may be in the food service industry. I have a catering job Wednesday at lunch serving 85 people. I need to cook a basic rice pilaf, have any of you cooked a large quantity of rice in the oven. What is the ratio between water and rice and how long do you cook it for. For some reason rice and I don't get along.:mad:

I have checked on line and found a bunch of websites that have ideas but I was hoping for some real time experience.

Rice...what was I thinking.....I couldn't have said potatoes!:rotfl:

Daddy-O!! Great to hear from you! I'm glad you had the chance to come up for air tonight.

Awesome job creating a new WDW convert! :thumbsup2

And I know as much about rice pilaf as I do about origami. But I guarantee that if you smother it in bacon and cheese, everyone will love it!

Man, I'm jealous. I wish I had a cool gun picture too. I guess I could do a self portrait holding my 12 gauge. :lmao::lmao:

I guess compared to Fed, I might as well just get a pellet gun.:rotfl2:

I couldn't help it.
I just called the Epcot England phone booths. Spoke with a woman from Nashville, TN. She said the weather has been great and the crowds were not too bad.

...and she answered the phone "Hello, we're having a magical day."
:banana::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I can't wait.

:thumbsup2
Hope y'all are having a magical time!

How are the crowds?

Day 1 has been great. :thumbsup2 It was an Epcot Day for us. Crowds were heavy but not I the worst I've seen on a spring break. Test Track seemed to be at a pretty constant 50 minute wait after about 11 am. I think Soarin peaked at about a 105 minute wait. Of course we use a touring plan and were there at rope drop so we didn't wait in any significant lines.

I don't think the resorts are as crowded as they predicted either. I was able to check at 6:45 am and our room was ready, and the parking lots haven't been that crowded.

We did Sum of All Thrills for the first time. I'd definitely recommend it, but would hit it early. It didn't show up on our touring plan.

Day 1 has been great. :thumbsup2 It was an Epcot Day for us. Crowds were heavy but not I the worst I've seen on a spring break. Test Track seemed to be at a pretty constant 50 minute wait after about 11 am. I think Soarin peaked at about a 105 minute wait. Of course we use a touring plan and were there at rope drop so we didn't wait in any significant lines.

I don't think the resorts are as crowded as they predicted either. I was able to check at 6:45 am and our room was ready, and the parking lots haven't been that crowded.

We did Sum of All Thrills for the first time. I'd definitely recommend it, but would hit it early. It didn't show up on our touring plan.
Looks like you're off to a good start. I hope you have a great week and the crowds stay manageable!:thumbsup2

I couldn't help it.
I just called the Epcot England phone booths. Spoke with a woman from Nashville, TN. She said the weather has been great and the crowds were not too bad.

I can't wait.

I have all 3 numbers on speed dial in my cell. The kids like to call. We had fun messing with people while we were in the parks tonight. I think having the Epcot phone booths on speed dial is a pretty strong indicator that your a Disdad.

Hey man, good to hear from you!!! Know you're busy, which is good right?:cool1:

I just spent last week and the weekend at Lake Okeechobee (the hole in the bottom of Florida), got a bunch of good fish and a sunburn:lmao::

Busy is a good thing.:thumbsup2 glad to hear the fish have been good to you.

Don't you mean, looks like they will be building you a new deck this summer. Seems like everytime I have a claim for anything they always send people out to do it, Works out pretty good, usally end up with better or more then what I had:cool1:

Here's to hoping it works out that way. :wizard:

Daddy-O!! Great to hear from you! I'm glad you had the chance to come up for air tonight.

Awesome job creating a new WDW convert! :thumbsup2

And I know as much about rice pilaf as I do about origami. But I guarantee that if you smother it in bacon and cheese, everyone will love it!

Yum!! Cheese and bacon.....you know this might work.:laughing:

I couldn't help it.

I can't wait.

Okay...you need to share the numbers with us.:surfweb:
All I have is a Super Soaker. :guilty:

You know it's not the size of your gun that matters......:lmao:

What is Sum of all Thrills??:confused3

What is Sum of all Thrills??:confused3
Its in innovations west. You design your own amusement ride and then you upload it to a simulator and get to ride it. You can start with a bobsled ride, rollercoaster or jet. The Rollercoaster and the Jet can both include inversions and barrel rolls. It was really neat. It should be a Phineas and Ferb themed ride, instead its sponsored by Raytheon.

Okay...you need to share the numbers with us.:surfweb:

Epcot UK red phone booth numbers (Labelled as if you are facing them)
LEft 407 827 9862
Middle 407 827 9863
Right 407 827 9861

The one in the middle is out in the open so it's easier for people to hear. The ones on the left and right are enclosed in phone booths.

Good time.:thumbsup2
37685dfb.jpg

Its in innovations west. You design your own amusement ride and then you upload it to a simulator and get to ride it. You can start with a bobsled ride, rollercoaster or jet. The Rollercoaster and the Jet can both include inversions and barrel rolls. It was really neat. It should be a Phineas and Ferb themed ride, instead its sponsored by Raytheon.

well whatdya know...that is one thing aobut Disney...there is always something new to discover on the next trip!

Sounds a lot like the Virtual Rollercoaster in DisneyQuest. My wife and I did it during our Honeymoon and it was probably the most fun we had that week. My wife doesn't do "upside-down" or "barrel rolls" :rotfl: on roller-coasters, but I was able to trick her into doing it for that. The video of our ride is priceless, especially when went upside down. Our kids love to watch the video and laugh at our faces. :happytv:

Sounds a lot like the Virtual Rollercoaster in DisneyQuest. My wife and I did it during our Honeymoon and it was probably the most fun we had that week. My wife doesn't do "upside-down" or "barrel rolls" :rotfl: on roller-coasters, but I was able to trick her into doing it for that. The video of our ride is priceless, especially when went upside down. Our kids love to watch the video and laugh at our faces. :happytv:

That sounds similar. I haven't been to Disney Quest. Here's an article about the sum of all thrills.
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/10/build_your_own_roller_coaster.php

Another new thing to us, was "racing around the world" Its a Cars 2 themed trip through world showcase where you get stickers from certain Kidcot stations. If you get all 6 stickers they give you a button.

That works perfectly! Fill it with gasoline, douse the zombies and then throw firecrackers at them... How could that not be fun??????

I like the way you think!

Sounds great! Glad you're having fun!

I have all 3 numbers on speed dial in my cell. The kids like to call. We had fun messing with people while we were in the parks tonight. I think having the Epcot phone booths on speed dial is a pretty strong indicator that your a Disdad.

::yes:: :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter