The DIS Dad's Club VII - Oh Peanut Butter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!!

First off welcome to all the new dads!! I know it has been a while since I have been on here, I do get to sneak in and check out what is going on every once in a while though.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I go and open a restaurant and this is what happens.......:scared1:

Numerous new threads, an ever growing disdads website, 2 podcast episodes, literally hundreds of new members, meets, and more than I can see in the pages I have yet to catch up on, which seems like an impossibility at this point.

PEANUT BUTTER CRUD!!! Is all I can say.

Life has been crazy, the restaurant is all consuming, we did get to go DW in Jan and was awesome. My cousin who came with us last Jan was a first timer then went again this Feb and decided to upgrade his tickets to AP's and then went again 3weeks later. He came back and said he can't wait to go back!!:banana:
I love it when they get sucked up into the abyss that is Disney.

So what else is new....:rolleyes1

I have a question for any of our great dads that may be in the food service industry. I have a catering job Wednesday at lunch serving 85 people. I need to cook a basic rice pilaf, have any of you cooked a large quantity of rice in the oven. What is the ratio between water and rice and how long do you cook it for. For some reason rice and I don't get along.:mad:

I have checked on line and found a bunch of websites that have ideas but I was hoping for some real time experience.

Rice...what was I thinking.....I couldn't have said potatoes!:rotfl:

I am not in the cooking industry, but I am in the eating industry :) and I am also North of T.O.

What's your restaurant, and where is it? I may just swing by.

As for the rice question, I've always believed it was equal parts rice to water - but I could be wrong. That's why I got the President's Choice Rice Cooker - PERFECT rice every time.

:rotfl:Love the egg layin' mama!

Disney in 5 days!!!

Really enjoyed the DisDads podcast #2. Great job guys! Now I have a bunch of new podcasts to check out. Love Magic Mouse Radio...It is really getting us in the spirit around the house.

Now...I have to go watch some youtube videos so I can have a pic as sweet Chris' avatar!

I am not in the cooking industry, but I am in the eating industry :) and I am also North of T.O.

What's your restaurant, and where is it? I may just swing by.

As for the rice question, I've always believed it was equal parts rice to water - but I could be wrong. That's why I got the President's Choice Rice Cooker - PERFECT rice every time.

It is equal parts in the steamer but I thought it was a little different for oven cooking.

We are in uxbridge and it's called Mad Millie's. Love for you to come up and say hey and have a bite.:thumbsup2

Disney in 5 days!!!

Really enjoyed the DisDads podcast #2. Great job guys! Now I have a bunch of new podcasts to check out. Love Magic Mouse Radio...It is really getting us in the spirit around the house.

Now...I have to go watch some youtube videos so I can have a pic as sweet Chris' avatar!

Awesome!! 5 days, have great time.:thumbsup2

It is equal parts in the steamer but I thought it was a little different for oven cooking.

We are in uxbridge and it's called Mad Millie's. Love for you to come up and say hey and have a bite.:thumbsup2

That's a bit of a distance... we are in Richmond Hill... but if I am passing through, I will definitely stop by.

Disney in 5 days!!!

Have a great time, Phil! Good luck on Buzz! :thumbsup2

Snapped this last June near my house. I was armed and ready but they never showed their undead faces on my block - it's nice to see they're moving on.

Caution_s.jpg

QUOTE]

Fed, it would seem that they are moving south. :confused3
In other words....... Moving YOUR WAY:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Oh I'm ready for them...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

62787_161664527181002_100000123668193_605238_8218757_n.jpg

BRING ON THE UNDEAD:cool1::cool1:

:rotfl2:

Hey Fed, how have you been? I took my 11 yr old ice fishing a few weeks ago, we caught a couple of 5 or 6 lb whitefish. My young lad got two really good hits but didn't set the hook and lost them both. We had great time on the ice, my neighbor came with us and ended up falling asleep in the hut, if can get my pics out of phone I will post a couple.

May your waters be calm and the fishing be amazing!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ACCIDENTAL OWNAGE!! NICE!!

Hey Fed, how have you been? I took my 11 yr old ice fishing a few weeks ago, we caught a couple of 5 or 6 lb whitefish. My young lad got two really good hits but didn't set the hook and lost them both. We had great time on the ice, my neighbor came with us and ended up falling asleep in the hut, if can get my pics out of phone I will post a couple.

May your waters be calm and the fishing be amazing!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ACCIDENTAL OWNAGE!! NICE!!

Hey man, good to hear from you!!! Know you're busy, which is good right?:cool1:

I just spent last week and the weekend at Lake Okeechobee (the hole in the bottom of Florida), got a bunch of good fish and a sunburn:lmao::lmao:

Team Fed is clearly the team to be on for the zombie apocalypse :woohoo:

Honestly, that's the heavy artillery, I have other tools as well:rolleyes1

Oh I'm ready for them...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

62787_161664527181002_100000123668193_605238_8218757_n.jpg

BRING ON THE UNDEAD:cool1::cool1:

I'm ready too!:cool1:

m249.jpg

Oh ya forgot to mention, my back deck collapsed from the weight of the snow and ice this winter, called the insurance company and they gave me the run around for about 3 hours and then finally after they realized I was not going away they are sending an adjuster out tomorrow to look at the damage.

Looks like I am building a new deck this summer.....:sad2:

Don't you mean, looks like they will be building you a new deck this summer. Seems like everytime I have a claim for anything they always send people out to do it, Works out pretty good, usally end up with better or more then what I had:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter