• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, a pretty cool thing happened yesterday. You all know that Disney has a new promotion for 2011 called "Let the Memories Begin". We submitted a memory of Joni and Disney has posted it on their website!!! Cool stuff. I look like a**, but Joni was feeling good and smiling so that's all that matters. It's at http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/detail/396. You might have to refresh if the photo doesn't load. Everyone have a good weekend.

I think it is a great picture.

Performance Managment input time.

CRUD to the power of CRUD.

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

I have long dwelt in that cave…

CRUD!!!!!! Gone for over a week and it takes an hour to catch up. Bunch of Chatty Cathy's in here!

You think? :rolleyes:

I'm a FOX. The first one in our Troop. So now our Troop has Eagles, Beavers, a Buffalo, Bears, an Owl an Antelope, and a Fox. The first weekend was awesome. Can't wait for the rest and to actually start working my ticket.

Quite the menagerie… Congratulations.

Hey guys, a pretty cool thing happened yesterday. You all know that Disney has a new promotion for 2011 called "Let the Memories Begin". We submitted a memory of Joni and Disney has posted it on their website!!! Cool stuff. I look like a**, but Joni was feeling good and smiling so that's all that matters. It's at http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/detail/396. You might have to refresh if the photo doesn't load. Everyone have a good weekend.

That… Is really cool. :thumbsup2 That’s a great picture of your family and I’m glad that Disney saw fit to add it to their tribute. Thanks for sharing.

Rick that is a great picture and I am so glad that Disney put it on their page. What wonderful memories youi must have of that trip!! Disney is truly a magical place!

We managed to get some good news today. Shari had to go for her pre op visit to the Doc today and he told her that he was not so sure that her thyroid mass is malignant after all. I am not sure what has changed his mind but I dont care!!!! The plan is to remove the left half next Firday because of the size of it anyway. However, he wont know 100% for sure about if it is malignat or not until after the surgery. So, I am looking at this as the glass is half full!!! Keep praying for her!:thumbsup2

I am off work today and the weather is absolutley beautiful!! Lauren and I are out in the yard trying to get a few things done while Ethan is at school and before Shari gets home from work. Wish I had the rest of the weekend off but I have to pull an extra call day tomorrow and tomorrow night where we are still working short because a cowoker came down we what we call SARS at work...(St Mary's Accelerated Retirement System) In other words she got fired! uuugh!:scared1:

I'm really glad that Disney picked the photo. Joni was having a great day when that photo was taken. And as a lot of you know, you have to enjoy the good days with cancer/treatments when you can because they don't happen often. Also, the boy with the glasses on is our Cousin. His Mom (my Aunt) passed away the previous summer and it was his first visit ever, so he and Joni were both smiles from ear to ear.

Allright...I'm getting flustered here...y'all are posting about Kazooie01's post...but everytime I click the link...refresh...whatever...I get a web page with multiple memories...even looked at some...but none are our guy. :confused3

Whats the title...maybe I can find it that way??? help.

Mind if I join?

Hi. My name is Jimmie. I'm a 50 yo Disney dad/grandpa. My wife & I have been married for 29 years and we've been going to Disney since 1990. We have two grown daughters who grew up going to Disney. Just last year, we took our first grandchild. Our second grandchild is on the way (due in March), and we can't wait to take him/her in a few years.

By day, I'm an elementary school music teacher. I was a high school band director for 25 years, up until 2008. When the grandkids started coming along, I decided the long hours associated with high school band were over. I now teach grades K-4. The hours are much better and the stress level is much lower, LOL!

As you can see, I've been a DISer for a long time. I heard about your club on the DISUnplugged Podcast, & decided to introduce myself.

:wave2:

Mind if I join?

Hi. My name is Jimmie. I'm a 50 yo Disney dad/grandpa. My wife & I have been married for 29 years and we've been going to Disney since 1990. We have two grown daughters who grew up going to Disney. Just last year, we took our first grandchild. Our second grandchild is on the way (due in March), and we can't wait to take him/her in a few years.

By day, I'm an elementary school music teacher. I was a high school band director for 25 years, up until 2008. When the grandkids started coming along, I decided the long hours associated with high school band were over. I now teach grades K-4. The hours are much better and the stress level is much lower, LOL!

As you can see, I've been a DISer for a long time. I heard about your club on the DISUnplugged Podcast, & decided to introduce myself.

Welcome...must know more about the "Naked Segway Tour" :lmao:

Allright...I'm getting flustered here...y'all are posting about Kazooie01's post...but everytime I click the link...refresh...whatever...I get a web page with multiple memories...even looked at some...but none are our guy. :confused3

Whats the title...maybe I can find it that way??? help.

The link should take you right there. Hmmm.... try looking under the "Family Tradition" photos, there are five of us standing in front of Spaceship Earth at night. It's a PhotoPass picture with Tink dropping pixie dust on the right side. Good luck, and thanks for checking it out. I appreciate it.

And welcome Jimmie!

The link should take you right there. Hmmm.... try looking under the "Family Tradition" photos, there are five of us standing in front of Spaceship Earth at night. It's a PhotoPass picture with Tink dropping pixie dust on the right side. Good luck, and thanks for checking it out. I appreciate it.

And welcome Jimmie!

Thanks...finally found it. Great Job.

Welcome...must know more about the "Naked Segway Tour" :lmao:

Welcome to our Club...

and I say this with some trepidation, but I'm kind of curious about that too. Just please, NO PICTURES!!!!:scared1:

:lmao:

Thanks for the welcome!

OK, here's the story.

A few years ago, a lady asked what she could plan for a trip to WDW with just her & her husband. All the ladies were suggesting romantic things such as a nice dinner for two, a couples massage, a romantic stroll around the boardwalk, etc. I piped in with, "Hey, why don't you give him a Segway tour?" Voilà! The "Naked Segway Tour" was born! :rotfl:

Mind if I join?

Welcome to the group Jimmie!

Hey, I saw some of you talking about your favorite sports teams. Here are my faves:

Houston Astros, Rockets, Texans, and the Texas Longhorns (class of '83-Hook 'em!)

My Blackberry plays .wav files and I have aux input on my in-dash receiver. Now, if I could only get it to automatically play whenever I open the doors....:scratchin

Hmmm...an mp3 player hardwired through the overhead light. I guess if you have the automatic van doors, there is a motor there so should be able to splice into a power source somewhere. I'm sure after a few more beers, it would be a great idea.

Wow! Very touching! God bless your family...:littleangel:

A hearty welcome to all the new fellas!

So, my siblings and I met with my mom's lawyer on Wednesday to go over the estate planning stuff (one brother is home from China, so we needed to get as much stuff done as we could). My oldest brother (who has been running the family farm for the last 18 years) only owned half of the farm - my mom still owned the other half. Her half was passed down to the 5 of us, so I now technically own 1/10 of a dairy farm.
Move over afwdwfan - you're no longer the only farmer in the club!

And speaking of my brother in China, he told me something interesting regarding the Disney resort that is going up in Shanghai. The Chinese government has already approved everything, so that's not news. What is interesting is how the government is compensating all of the people that currently live on the land where the resort is going to be built. The families will be paid based on the size of their homes and number of rooms. Overnight hundreds of little shanties popped up in almost every backyard in the area. He said these things barely had 4 walls and a roof, yet they will net the homeowner a extra few hundred dollars in compensation. :rotfl2:

If anyone's interested, I just updated my Pre-Trip Report. The link is in my signature.

Hmmm...an mp3 player hardwired through the overhead light. I guess if you have the automatic van doors, there is a motor there so should be able to splice into a power source somewhere. I'm sure after a few more beers, it would be a great idea.

Yes, please keep us posted...This one is getting better and better! :laughing::laughing:

...and, my wife can see me doing the VERY SAME THING:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter