The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eyes grew bleary reading the list of "You could be a Disney Dad if...", with my head constantly nodding up and down.

I am a Dad, who is coincidentally a "Mom" too. Hope you will accept me anyway!

Thanks!

My eyes grew bleary reading the list of "You could be a Disney Dad if...", with my head constantly nodding up and down.

Thanks!

From one new member to another welcome.

Thanks!

Welcome! We, uh... huh. Hmm... So, uh... Does that make you a Dom? Or a Mad? How does that work?

Thanks!

WOW! A real live Mom's panel dad joining the Dis Dad's Club! :thumbsup2

:welcome:

Why you always gotta be hate'n on Pedro:lmao:
100_2183.JPG

:lmao::lmao: Note to self Rum coming out your nose at high speeds burns:rolleyes1, time to clean the screen:lmao:

Yeah, I've actually been here since Tuesday, but hadn't changed it yet--just thought about it today....will be flying home tonight....16 hours to Dulles, then 3 hours to Jacksonville--my two year old is bonkers, he's been following the calendar my wife made, he knows what's going on

Welcome Home, Fed! Glad you're safe!!!

Well guys,

Just a few more (highly productive, of course) hours at work and we'll be packing up for our flight to Disney tomorrow. I just wanted to check in here to tell everyone to have a great week, and I'll say hi to Mickey for you!

[/B]

Have a dole whip for me, Mark!

Back to work...

Thanks!

Welcome!
Happy to have you with us!

Ooh, and you're in Indy... I'm in Noblesville. Nice to see another DDC member so close by. :)

Duplicate... oops.

Hey guys - my DW has checked in, printed her boarding pass, and is coming home tomorrow! I'm pretty excited. Now just on to the big house cleaning in the morning. She's been doing so much cooking and cleaning out west the past week and a half, there's no reason she needs to do it here so quickly. My DD is just beside herself with excitement.

Now perhaps after she's back, I can get my evenings (after the kids are in bed), and instead of getting back to work for my employer, I can focus on starting that little TR from my recent Daddy Daughter Adventure...

Just got done making ressie's for next weeks mini trip, Going to Busch Gardens Va next Sat & Kings Dominion on Sun. Just me and the wife this time (Holloween stuff at this parks are top noche and way too scarey for a 5yr old:scared1:) Best part is only have to pay for 1 night stay (1 nights free) food,gas & tolls. Since I have SP for BG and my friend gave me ticks for KD the whole trip should be under $200:cool1:

If any Dads in the VA area can make it, I'd love to meet up with you:goodvibes

ok i need a pole pick here drive stright through or stop and:confused3 spend money at a hotel....

I'm normally starting from Raleigh at noon but i'll give you our plan we followed the last few times. I drive straight through to Jacksonville so we get there about 7:00pm. If you do Hotwire and search for Jacksonville (JAX) it will come up with a 3 1/2 star for about $54, we have done it 3 times and it is always the Crowne Plaza. It's right off of 95 and has nice rooms and a cool indoor/outdoor pool.

In the morning we try to get on the road by 7:00 which puts you at WDW at about 10:00, we have always been able to check in and get a room as soon as we get there and everyone is always well rested and ready to go till park close.

I had to post this where someone would appreciate it. I DJed a wedding tonight and the grooms name was.... wait for it.... wait for it..... Chuck Norris! Every time I said his name I wanted to start laughing. While the best man was doing the toast he broke out a Chuck Norris reference of when Chuck does pushups he actually pushes the world down. I wish I taped it on my phone- it was a classic... although not one person in the crowd thought it was funny. :confused3

So, I'm coaching girls' soccer again this year, and due to player enrollment, league changed from U8 to U11. So, my U11 team has 3rd to 5th grade players (cut off by birthdate, not grade). Another team is missing a few players Thursday, so I include them and we just play pick-up game.
One of the 5th grade girls is super -OO-developed. My 3rd grade runs over, standing next to that girl, and says "It's hot - I wish we could take our shirts off like the boys". I think I had a little heart attack. I'm glad she's so naive but even more fearful for the future ...

I had to post this where someone would appreciate it. I DJed a wedding tonight and the grooms name was.... wait for it.... wait for it..... Chuck Norris! Every time I said his name I wanted to start laughing. While the best man was doing the toast he broke out a Chuck Norris reference of when Chuck does pushups he actually pushes the world down. I wish I taped it on my phone- it was a classic... although not one person in the crowd thought it was funny. :confused3

Not funny??? I’d have bust out. :lmao: The reception part of the wedding is a celebration! If there’s no room for humor, that doesn’t bode well for the union. In my younger days I had the opportunity to play in an eight-piece swing band. We worked a l-o-t of receptions and I always got a good feeling about the folks that were willing to come down off their high horses and have some fun. We all knew that they’d probably make it just fine.

For us, there were three sure signs that the marriage was going to be rocky: whenever either a bride or one of the moms showed up in full “-zilla” mode (family trouble already brewing); when no one would come out and party (if you can’t laugh, you not going to take hardship well); and when the cake cutting turned into a cake shoving contest (they we’re already battling for supremacy which ain’t a good sign). Over time we learned that this was fairly accurate. There were certainly exceptions (and for some the jury is still out), but it was a good predictor.

BTW: The best reception I ever worked was a union between a fella’ from a very large Cajon family (who all traveled up for the wedding), and a girl from an equally large Catholic family. That group partied strong and well into the evening. Afterward, the bride’s father even insisted that the band come over and help him empty out the rest of the beer kegs. :thumbsup2 That…was a fine evening. Most families saw the musicians as nothing more then the hired help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter