The Dark Knight

I think this story is so weird. His mother and sister filed an assault claim? I just can't imagine. And apparently they didn't file the complaint until the next day? You'd think if it was bad enough to file an assault complaint, police would have been called at the time of the incident. :confused3

Assault in the UK can and does include verbal assault. No one is stating that physical abuse occurred, and in fact it looks like he cursed out his mom for attacking his wife.

Assault in the UK can and does include verbal assault. No one is stating that physical abuse occurred, and in fact it looks like he cursed out his mom for attacking his wife.

Okay, even stranger...I just assumed if his own mother was filing assault charges against him there must have been physical abuse involved.

Okay, even stranger...I just assumed if his own mother was filing assault charges against him there must have been physical abuse involved.

It is strange...we have the same laws here in Canada but I can't remember the last time I have heard of someone being charged for verbal assault. I wonder if he used the unspeakable word that you never use to refer to a lady? :rotfl2: That one brings some attention for sure!

Went and saw it with my two nephews for my second viewing. They both loved it. Ages 12 and 10.

Some highlights....*very mild spoilers*

Nurse Joker. LOL!

"We burned the forest down!" Alfred

Skyhook! Soooo sweet.

"Want to know how I got these scars?" Chilling stuff. I really like the fact that they kept the Joker's origin a mystery. Really elevated him to Hannibal Lecter supervillian level.

Just a fantastic flick that is going to make some huge money. We went on a Wednesday night and it was packed. Sold out.

i managed to get tickets for tomorrow night....the 11 pm showing :eek: ..(everything else was sold out)...
hopefully i'll be awake through the whole thing...

saw the dark knight for a second time. This time we went to a matinee to ease up on the pocketbook, but it was just as good as the first time, if not better. I was able to fill in a couple questions I had about the plot and this time we got through the ending without the projector cutting out.

I don't know if I've ever declared a favorite movie of all time. There are so many different genres and everything but...this one might take the cake. I'll end up seeing this a third time at the budget theater I'm sure.

did anyone said Cake????.:rolleyes: , anyways can¿t wait to see it... I have to wait 3 more days...

i'll be eating cake tonight....i'm seeing it in the VIP theatre (only one i could get tickets for)....they serve lots of cake and gourmet food before the movie...all you can eat in 45 minutes....and then all the popcorn, ice cream, snacks and drinks you want during the movie....but i only load up on popcorn and water, since it's in a bottle - i hate having drink cups in the theatre - even though they have a nice cocktail table by each leather reclining lounge chair....yeah....i'll probably be asleep....though i slept late this morning...only got up at 11...so that should help.....maybe i'll nap in the afternoon.....

i'll be eating cake tonight....i'm seeing it in the VIP theatre (only one i could get tickets for)....they serve lots of cake and gourmet food before the movie...all you can eat in 45 minutes....and then all the popcorn, ice cream, snacks and drinks you want during the movie....but i only load up on popcorn and water, since it's in a bottle - i hate having drink cups in the theatre - even though they have a nice cocktail table by each leather reclining lounge chair....yeah....i'll probably be asleep....though i slept late this morning...only got up at 11...so that should help.....maybe i'll nap in the afternoon.....

Um.....can we come?!? :teeth: Under those conditions, I might even see Mamma Mia! :scared1:

where are these theaters and why don't we have one!!!!!

Um.....can we come?!? :teeth: Under those conditions, I might even see Mamma Mia! :scared1:

:lmao:

where are these theaters and why don't we have one!!!!!

in israel, but i assume they must exist elsewhere as well...
i'm sure they brought the idea here from somewhere...
they have several of them around the country - in the multiplex type places...
they took a few of the regular theaters and converted them into these super comfortable chairs....
big fat leather reclining lounger chairs (automated - like on an airplane - legs up up, back goes back....but big huge chairs)...
and there are only 4 rows....and with lots and lots of room between rows so that even if someone is fully reclined, you can walk between them and the row in front....(and each row is on a different level with a separator bar- so you're never near someone's head)....
oh and a little cocktail type table in front of the chairs, between where you legs are extended...
i'm not doing a very good job of explaining...
but there are only about 25 seats in the theater....

and they have their own lobby area with tables and chairs and a buffet (there are about 5 people staffing the place)..

there's a food buffet, a desert buffet, fancy snacks (various nuts, chips, etc), various kinds of ice cream, various kinds of beer, wine, champagne,
and of course soft drinks, juices...
fancy coffee (someone prepares your coffee - like cappucino or whatever)..

also those big pretzls that they heat up for you, and of course as much popcorn as you want..

and when the movies over, there's someone at the exit of the theater handing out gourmet chocolate for the road (e.g, max brenner, etc.)....last thursday when DH and i were at sex and the city, in addition to the gourmet chocolates they had mini-snickers bars on the tray - mmmm....love my snickers...

it actually doesn't cost all that much when you take into consideration the food...
i don't eat much, but even for me it probably isn't a bad deal...
i have coffee, diet coke, watermelon, several rounds of popcorn and a bottle of water..

the all-inclusive ticket costs $25 for the VIP theater.....
a regular ticket for the regular theater, to sit in a lousy seat with no food costs $11....
and a tub of popcorn and a coke costs $13...so just for the seat and popcorn/coke costs $24 in the regular theater.....that's a no brainer....
and it's so nice to be in a theater with only 25 people and in super comfortable chairs...maybe i can find a picture of it somewhere....

I saw The Dark Night last night... wow. Definitely the best movie of the year! Heath Ledger was absolutely fabulous as the Joker, and funny in a sinister way. I'll be seeing it again soon! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

in israel, but i assume they must exist elsewhere as well...
i'm sure they brought the idea here from somewhere...
they have several of them around the country - in the multiplex type places...
they took a few of the regular theaters and converted them into these super comfortable chairs....
big fat leather reclining lounger chairs (automated - like on an airplane - legs up up, back goes back....but big huge chairs)...
and there are only 4 rows....and with lots and lots of room between rows so that even if someone is fully reclined, you can walk between them and the row in front....(and each row is on a different level with a separator bar- so you're never near someone's head)....
oh and a little cocktail type table in front of the chairs, between where you legs are extended...
i'm not doing a very good job of explaining...
but there are only about 25 seats in the theater....

and they have their own lobby area with tables and chairs and a buffet (there are about 5 people staffing the place)..

there's a food buffet, a desert buffet, fancy snacks (various nuts, chips, etc), various kinds of ice cream, various kinds of beer, wine, champagne,
and of course soft drinks, juices...
fancy coffee (someone prepares your coffee - like cappucino or whatever)..

also those big pretzls that they heat up for you, and of course as much popcorn as you want..

and when the movies over, there's someone at the exit of the theater handing out gourmet chocolate for the road (e.g, max brenner, etc.)....last thursday when DH and i were at sex and the city, in addition to the gourmet chocolates they had mini-snickers bars on the tray - mmmm....love my snickers...

it actually doesn't cost all that much when you take into consideration the food...
i don't eat much, but even for me it probably isn't a bad deal...
i have coffee, diet coke, watermelon, several rounds of popcorn and a bottle of water..

the all-inclusive ticket costs $25 for the VIP theater.....
a regular ticket for the regular theater, to sit in a lousy seat with no food costs $11....
and a tub of popcorn and a coke costs $13...so just for the seat and popcorn/coke costs $24 in the regular theater.....that's a no brainer....
and it's so nice to be in a theater with only 25 people and in super comfortable chairs...maybe i can find a picture of it somewhere....

wish we had them here sounds awesome!!!

We just got back from watching it and really enjoyed it. I actually did not know if I wanted to see it. I like Batman Begins and the comic books, but with all of the hype I was not to excited about seeing it. It was worth seeing it. Problably the best movie this year. Heath Ledger actually scared me. When he talked you knew something bad was going to happen. It was violent, but I realized at the end there was no gore. I also thought it was interesting, at my showing (matinee) there were hardly any children. There mainly adults and it was also packed. Really worth the money to see it.

oh my god - that was a really good movie...
heath ledger totally creeped me out...
it's 2:15 in the morning (the movie finished at 2 am) and i don't think i'll be heading to bed for a while...i'm way too wired to sleep....
i don't usually see movies as violent as that one..

oh my god - that was a really good movie...
heath ledger totally creeped me out...
it's 2:15 in the morning (the movie finished at 2 am) and i don't think i'll be heading to bed for a while...i'm way too wired to sleep....
i don't usually see movies as violent as that one..

Glad you liked it! And you were able to stay up for it...lol. He creeped me out too when we saw it. Our movie let out at 1am and I couldn't sleep well that nite...kept having creepy images in my head. We will prob see it again though, I really liked it :thumbsup2

Glad you liked it! And you were able to stay up for it...lol. He creeped me out too when we saw it. Our movie let out at 1am and I couldn't sleep well that nite...kept having creepy images in my head. We will prob see it again though, I really liked it :thumbsup2

we're going to see it again too..
DD was working last night, so we're all going to go again to see it with her and her BF...

this time i'll be able to open my eyes more...i was afraid to watch part of the time....(i'm sure you can figure out when)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter