The Cat's Meow November 2020 Exercise Thread

+30

355/1200

I love :ccat:!

I found a pink striped scarf at a thrift store last year that caused me to decide to be the Cheshire Cat at the Disney Halloween parties this year. Well, we all know how those parties went this year, so hopefully next year!

Love that! I hope you get to dress up as the Cheshire Cat very, very soon.

Meet YZMA from the 2000 animated Disney film The Emporer's New Groove. YZMA wasn't always a cat. She started out as a human antagonist in Disney's 40th full length, animated feature film, but karma caught up with her and she transformed into an adorable-looking (though still maintaining her evil nature), fluffy kitty. YZMA the human was voiced by Eartha Kitt, but YZMA the cat owes her voice to the film's director, Mark Dindal.

You can watch YZMA's transformation here:

A couple of fun YZMA facts:

Eartha Kitt — who voiced Yzma [human form] — also played cat woman in the original Batman television show. This is part of the reason why her character was turned into a cat when they were animating the film.

and

Eartha Kitt has also voiced characters in other popular Disney films. Another recent feline friend, she voiced Bagheera in Disney’s live action rendition of The Jungle Book.

I found both of these fun facts in this article.

So today's Disney cat is another new one for me, and it comes from a show that I had no idea existed before doing this research. Meet Angel Kitty from Toy Story That Time Forgot:

From what I can tell, Angel Kitty is a Christmas tree ornament that Bonnie removes from the tree and uses as a toy, dubbing her a terrifying Kitty Saurus. Angel Kitty is a supporting protagonist whose lines are full of wisdom. She is voiced by Emma Hudak.

You can read all about her here.

And you can see her in the short's opening scene here.

I searched for the short on Disney + , but didn't see it. However, there is a not very high quality full version of the short on youtube if you, like me, wish to see the whole film.

I'm pretty pumped to find a new (to me) piece of the Toy Story franchise! Did you all already know about Angel Kitty?

I just finished the Toy Story short, and I had to return here to say I love Angel Kitty. She's not onscreen a lot, but when she is, she makes a big impact. She's adorable, and the short was very cute.

I have never heard of Angel kitty but she is soooo cute! And Yzma is one of my favorite Disney villains and I love when she turns into a little kitty. So fluffy!

adding in 100 minutes from yesterday and today. 80 of that was spent on my stationary bike, and 20 was another bedtime yoga routine. This routine was a little more rigorous than the last one I did and actually was a somewhat challenging stretch, which I enjoyed.

280/700

No color changes to report, but our TEAM has reached 35% of goal.

Today we're bouncing (you'll see what I mean) from a very obscure Disney cat to one that is recognizable all over the world.

Say hello to Winnie the Pooh's Tigger!

And this article is packed with Tigger fun facts.

Another fun fact: The Sherman brothers wrote the song The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!