~The BOT Battalion~ BOTS On The Run

Hey BOTs!!!

Can't remember if I posted this but Happy belated New Year!

My God is it cold out here. I thought for about 30 seconds of running outside today and then I opened the front door. The cold forced me to do something I have never done before...joined a gym. They had a special ($10/month) at some local gym so I signed up at 8AM and busted out 13.1 miles on the TM in 1:50. Hopefully that gets me through next weekend.

Went to the supermarket after the gym. You would think people were preparing for a blizzard because it was insanely crowded. Why? Eagles vs. Cowboys at 4:15. People around here are preparing to bunker down all day for NFL football.

Jodi - Yes, the iPhone shows a 28 degree low in Orlando one day this week. We'll see if that holds up but I won't complain if it's cold. It would probably help me.

Time to get ready for some football! E...A...G...L...E...S...EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

I'm with Colleen. What the heck? I don't care if it is cold for the starts, but I'm hoping the daily high gets a little higher. At this point, I'm going to need a winter coat to walk around the parks!

Good morning BOTS! This is a quick one as I actually have some work to get accomplished today here at the office. :sad2:

I am still experiencing some moderate to slight knee pain. I heard back from my family doctor who recommended I consult with an orthopedic doctor. I scheduled an appointment for Thursday morning with the Doctor that is treating Cam for her knee. His office is right down the road from my office which is convenient. I looked back at this thread and realized I first had knee pain on August 31 after running 5 miles then walking 18 holes of golf. So, this has been lingering on and off for 4 months already. Boy how time flies.

My hope is to get this specifically diagnosed this week and know whether I need additional Xrays/MRI, etc. and if I can participate (safely) this coming weekend in the Marathon. Chances are I will not be having any Xrays done this week as we are leaving on Thursday at 6 PM, but I will be at least a bit reassured knowing what this might be before the marathon.

If he says, absolutely do not run it, I am not sure what I will say to that. :confused: I think I can pull it off with intervals or running until it hurts to build up a time cushion and then walking it in ahead of the sweepers. I need to be smart here, but I need some medical information to make those kinds of decisions.

Cam is doing better and has a follow up with the Doc on Wednesday morning. Hopefully she'll be getting the stitches out at that time. In the mean time, she is using crutches to get around.

Have a great day! Safe travels to those who are going to Florida early in the week!

:grouphug:

Howard

Happy New Year to my Bot friends :):):)

Howard: Take it easy on the knee-- I hope all goes well at the doctor for you.

Cam: I hope your knee is doing better-- looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Lou: I'm with you on the cold. It makes me love my TM ause I'm not running out in that:scared1:

We just scored some great throw away clothes for before the race-- haven't done that before but with temps in the low 30's I'll want the sweatshirt. We went to the local dollar store to get ponchos (the rain prediction made me want them) and they had second hand clothes for only $1-- we'll be nice and warm :goodvibes

I'd love some opinions on our latest debate. There is a vague prediction for snow on Friday in the Philia area. I'm supposed to fly out on Thurs and hit the expo, etc. Butch and DD6 are flying after school on Friday so she doesn't miss the day of school. I'm a bit worried about snow messing up the flight and having Butch stuck in NJ and missing the 1/2. Should we suck up the fare change and have them fly on Thurs causing DD to miss the day of school or take the risk of a snow delay? :confused3 I'm not sure what to do. We are waiting to see if the forcast gets a bit more conclusive but I don't know how long the lower fares on Southwest will hold out so that we could switch without spending a fortune...

Now they're saying chance of snow showers Friday night into Sat. a.m.!! :rotfl2::rotfl:. Sweet, just like home!

Wow, you have got to be kidding me. This is insane. My in-laws are in Ft Myers right now and will be joining us in WDW on Saturday. They said the temps were close to 32 degrees this morning.

I have very little desire to run a marathon in WDW in 30-degree temps. I think this is my last January race for a long time.

All that being said...it will be a good time.

Out of curiosity...who's running what this weekend?

Goofy - Lou, Chester, ???
Marathon only - Howard (questionable), ???
1/2 Marathon - Jodi, ???
Scream Team/Injured Reserve - Cam, Sara

I'm in the half. I stopped at a thrift store and picked up some warm ups. The pants are the kind with buttons down the sides. I plan on ripping them off some time around mile 1.5. LOL!

Sooooo, if I had a chance to run the half... thanks to a generous person... and I'm severely undertrained (or not trained at all)... it's going to be really cold... and I have to get up really early... I'm wondering what I should do?

Seriously, I haven't run anything over 3 miles in months.

Sooooo, if I had a chance to run the half... thanks to a generous person... and I'm severely undertrained (or not trained at all)... it's going to be really cold... and I have to get up really early... I'm wondering what I should do?

Oh Dave! The real question here is HOW CAN YOU NOT!?!?! Come on! Do it! You'll have a great time! :banana: It will all come back to you once you get out there. Just trot along and enjoy it. :yay:

Matt and I are "running" the Goofy. Is this going to be a trend for Bot races - record breaking cold?

That's cool. One thing about the cold is that it does get you moving. I bet you'll see a lot of people picking up the pace because walking in 30 degrees isn't fun. I wonder if we'll see some frozen water stops like Philly?

Dave - Do it! You can always go out running and take some walk breaks if you feel tired. I don't think you'll have a problem finishing.

Good Morning Bots!! Happy New Year.

I'm not so worried about running in the cold weather that's predicted. Much better than too hot. A little worried about sitting around for 2 hours in the cold prior to race start. Much more concerned that we're spending a ton of money for a week's vacation in which the kids are expecting to go swimming in the pool I have been showing them pictures of for the past 6 months. They will get in the pool if the temps are in the 60's, I will not. Wish they could swim. Actually the 7 yo will be fine, it's the two 4 yo's could be an issue.

Add me to the list for Goofy. I am seriously undertrained. I am trying to decide between doing walk/run intervals right from the start or just run at a slower pace. Any thoughts? I've never done walk/run so wonder if I'll be able to start back running after walking a bit.

I've had stomach issues for the past 2 weeks. At first it was an ulcer-like burning which only eating would help. That was good for adding on 5 lbs. The doctor prescribed Prilosec, so I took that for 3 days and on the 4th I got so nauseous that I couldn't eat for 2 days. That helped with the 5 lbs, but I'm a bit worried about my strenghth. I'm eating lightly today and hope by the weekend the stomach is fine.

I plan to meet at the Biergarten provided I'm in any condition to go out. We have dinner reservations at 7 at Chef Mickey's, so we'll stop by hoping to visit with the Bots for a while.

I am going to the Expo on Friday afternoon. Anyone else going to be there then?

Howard: Best of luck with the knee. I hope the Dr. tells you what you want to hear.

Cam: Hope the recovery is going well.

Lou: Good for you for doing 13.1 on the TM. I hope you enjoy the gym. This winter is prooving to be a tough one on the outdoors running.

Dave: I think you would have no problem finishing the 13.1 miles. I think you would have a great time since there would be no worries about pace (other than < 16 min/mile). Good luck with your decision.

Jen: Good luck trying to decide on moving DH and DD's flight. I guess it really depends on how sure they are about the snow.

Hello to Cindy, Matt, Megan, Judy, Anne, Sara, Colleen, Jodi, Chester, did I miss anyone?

See you all soon.
Cindy

I am seriously undertrained. I am trying to decide between doing walk/run intervals right from the start or just run at a slower pace. Any thoughts? I've never done walk/run so wonder if I'll be able to start back running after walking a bit.

Cindylou
Run until you're tired, then walk until you're bored. Repeat as necessary.

I've found that for me it is very difficult to start running after walking a long distance that has followed a run of a fairly long distance. I seem to stay fresher by short intervals.

Lou
DS20(Chet) and DD18(Miranda) are running Goofy with me. Mike and Kathy are also running Goofy.

Dave
You can do it! Just think of it as 4+ 3 milers. Take a walk break in between if necessary. Hope to see you out there.

Chester

Dave
You can have Tracy's bib if you want to run the Full too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter