The BIG one - Hmm. Things I didn't think...

Good luck and I'm sure we'll know something the minute you will. :) Sounds like things went well so we'll be thinking of you!

Good luck and I'm sure we'll know something the minute you will. :) Sounds like things went well so we'll be thinking of you!

Thanks! The whole process is so convoluted there is absolutely NO WAY to predict the outcome. Right now I am distracted by having some sort of respiratory thing, but as soon as I feel better I will be back to obsessing. ;)

Thanks! The whole process is so convoluted there is absolutely NO WAY to predict the outcome. Right now I am distracted by having some sort of respiratory thing, but as soon as I feel better I will be back to obsessing. ;)

Stress is the main thing that triggers my asthma. Followed by chocolate :( and Red Wine :(

Stress is the main thing that triggers my asthma. Followed by chocolate :( and Red Wine :(

My boss went to the UK a couple of weeks ago and brought back some sort of respiratory weirdness, probably from that nasty air on the plane. My Dr. took pity on me and called in a Z-pack that DH will go pick up for me. She made me promise I will come in on Friday so she can make sure I am getting better, but at least I don't have to suffer until Friday before I get some meds.

I am definitely stressed, but I am trying not to go completely batty. I mean, his audition score has already been determined. And no amount of kicking and screaming and protesting will change it, so I better be prepared to be dignified if we get a "decline" in the mail. They are smart about it, though. They mail the letters on the Friday before Spring Break, so anyone who chooses NOT to be dignified has to wait for a week before there is anyone at the school to shout at.

I know a couple of moms who have called to protest their decline letters (this is with private schools, not the Arts magnet), and it never gets them a different result. So whatever the result is, I am not going to throw a tantrum. If he doesn't get in I will absolutely be sad, angry, bitter, disappointed, and resentful. But I will NOT throw a tantrum.

Sorry I was not on to wish him luck (my nephews were in town) but I am sure he didn't need it and did great!!!

Now the wait.......you could rearange all of your adrs?! :)

Sorry I was not on to wish him luck (my nephews were in town) but I am sure he didn't need it and did great!!!

Now the wait.......you could rearange all of your adrs?! :)

I never did re-do my itinerary sheet, but I took it back in the house and left it there. I really don't need to tweak anything else. My friend and her new girlfriend are supposed to join us for dinner but we aren't sure what day. I am also toying with adding a dinner at bluezoo, but I haven't really made a decision yet.

It feels like MONTHS must have gone by. But it hasn't even been a week. :headache: I think about NOTHING besides that letter. I am making myself crazy. I am making DS crazy. He is second guessing the audition, thinking of all the "Would have, could have, should have". :sad2: I told him last night if he doesn't get in it isn't his fault. We did everything we could to prepare him, but at the end of the day none of us have any control over whether he gets in or not. He says he doesn't want to disappoint me, which makes me sad. I don't think he gets how much hinges on this admission. But like I said, he has no control over it. It is so frustrating.

You need something to keep your mind off of it!

I suggest you go to Michael's and get some cool stuff to make door decorations for your upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

It feels like MONTHS must have gone by. But it hasn't even been a week. :headache: I think about NOTHING besides that letter. I am making myself crazy. I am making DS crazy. He is second guessing the audition, thinking of all the "Would have, could have, should have". :sad2: I told him last night if he doesn't get in it isn't his fault. We did everything we could to prepare him, but at the end of the day none of us have any control over whether he gets in or not. He says he doesn't want to disappoint me, which makes me sad. I don't think he gets how much hinges on this admission. But like I said, he has no control over it. It is so frustrating.

I want to tell you my story. Hopefully it will make you feel better about the whole thing :confused3

I went to our public high school my freshman and sophmore years. I played cello, so I still had something artsy to do, but I was in love with theatre. I worked on the Sr play both years, the spring play both years, and everything else they did that was 'production' worthy. :laughing:

I decided before my junior year that theatre was where I belonged. I apprenticed at our local Shakespeare festival, volunteered for all the local theatre that I could, and I auditioned for Youth Performing Arts School. I was denied. I was crushed. I was dramatic about it. (You know, my life is over, I've put everyone through this and failed, all that good stuff). YPAS had 3 auditions that year. I went to the 2nd one. I resold myself. I personally think I rocked it out, but I was denied again. I almost gave up. But my mom (love love her) talked me into going to the last audition. I couldn't figure out why, but they accepted me!! :woohoo:

It meant starting my junior year with a bunch of freshmen. I was OK with that. There was another junior with me, we were good. I found out later that it was my grades up to that point (didn't really care about school until I fund the passion of theatre you know?) but that my persistance and determination won them over. I rec'd a scholarship to the university of my choice, and amazingly, now work at a school...that doesn't have theatre...:rotfl2:

I look back now and know that my experience of not fitting in at the first school to totally fitting in at YPAS made me who I am today. It was two totally different worlds, and I completely understand what you are saying and going through.

You have to have faith and dedication. Don't let him give up his dream. When you give up, you lose. You know what I mean?

I hope he gets in. I'll be watching and waiting right along with you if you will have me! Sending big hugs your way! :grouphug:

Elizabeth- Just wanted to pop in here and say I'm thinking of you. :flower3:

Thanks, all! :)

AlexandAndysmom, of course you are more than welcome!! Thank you for sharing your story. Once upon a time I played the cello, too. I tried to convince DS to play, but no, he chose drums. He could have auditioned for the Arts magnet on drums, but the music cluster puts all of the instruments AND the vocalists against each other in terms of vying for a slot. He is OK at drumming - he isn't good enough to go up against kids with YEARS of experience on their instruments. So we chose Theater.

The kids are only allowed to audition in the Spring, and they are only allowed to audition in one area. If he doesn't get in this year I don't know if he will try again next year. This year they only had 10 sophomore slots for the entire school, so if you don't make it in as a freshman the odds are pretty bleak.

Sorry I wasn't around to wish him luck before the audition, but, I'm hoping all goes well on the 13th.

I will be crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for y'all. It must be an incredibly anxious time for your family. Sending the pixie dust your way!

Thanks! :)
I swear I never knew time could go so slow. It has FINALLY been a week, but with at least another week to go it seems like no progress at all.

Still waiting. :rolleyes1

Of course now I have sort of exhausted myself, so I feel resigned to just accept whatever the result is and move on. Not sure if this feeling is better or worse than the out and out frantic panic I felt last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter