"The best thing about going to Disney without kids......??"

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
**First let me say this is not a kid bashing thread (I adore kids)-- it is just to highlight things adults enjoy when going to WDW on their own**

...is taking long romantic walks thru the resort grounds late in the evening with my DH.

...not having to be grown up at all! No worries!

if you want to rest - you rest - if you want to go to the parks you go to the parks....

not listening to 'we are bored' 'why aren't we at the MK -(when you are visiting Epcot)'...then you get to the MK 'I rather be swimming'.....

there is no pleasing...

Sleeping in and not worrying about having to be at the parks first thing in the morning in order to get everything done :)

When you hear a kid whining, and screaming because they aren't getting some souvenir they want, it's great knowing it's not your kid :)

Karen

I love going with my son.... and I also love going without him. :)

Usually for me the best thing about going without him is being able to stay up as late as I want (love late night swims) and sleep in as late as I want.

Getting to eat where we want, what we want and when we want it. No worrying over what the kiddo likes or doesn't or if the meal will take to long and bore him. (Kiddo in this case is my nephew and my parents take him to WDW, the stories of feeding him make me cringe) :eek:

Laying by the pool allllllllll day and not having to look up every 5 minutes to see where your children are!

After laying by the pool all day...cleaning up and going to Epcot for a dinner of crepe's and ice cream and watching Illuminations and looking for a perfect spot for 1!!!!

Oh and of course a message to help you unwind from all the 'stress' from the day!!

The best part....I get to promise another trip to my children and that way I get to go AGAIN!!!!!

We are childfree and enjoy disney alone. We've taken the niece & nephew a few times, but nothing beats hanging out in the parks with just DH. Going to Pleasure Island, not rushing to hit all the rides and waiting in those loooong lines. Dining where you want, enjoying those late night walks through the parks. Just no hassles!!

The best thing about going to Disney without kids.......???

It's a lot cheaper!!!

Originally posted by spiceycat
if you want to rest - you rest - if you want to go to the parks you go to the parks....

not listening to 'we are bored' 'why aren't we at the MK -(when you are visiting Epcot)'...then you get to the MK 'I rather be swimming'.....

Boy, that is so true! The number of times DH and I have just sat in a rocking chair and people-watched. When our kids were with us, we could never do that. The other thing I can do now is change my mind on where to go at the last minute. Example: say I was planning on going to one park, but then the bus comes along for another park and I decide "I think I'll go there instead." No whining, "But M-o-m, you said we were going to..." Gotta admit-this is more likely true with solo trips now. Otherwise DH might be complaining!

DH and I are childless so every time we got we go without kids. What is the best part - that we get time together and that we get to act like kids.

We do what we want when we want whether it is doing somethign first thing in the morning or late at night.

Disney vacations are our favorite!

Those that are there with screaming and crying children look at you with envy! :)

Newbie here -- long time lurker though. The best part of going without kids is that you can do Christopher Robbin & Winnie the Pooh's favorite activity: Nothing!

<b>MattWill</b> Welcome to the DIS and the Adult/Solo Board.

You can eat a cookie - icecream sandwich at the main st bakery for breakfast without worrying about the example you're setting!
;)

Donna

Best part of Disney without children (married no kids, yet) is sleeping late after an E-ticket night and then hitting the house of Blues for a concert.

The hardest part of going to Disney without kids is first thing in the morning, waiting to get in the park......when the children are all fresh and excited and adorable.

But shortly after opening, you can see children all around you crying and whining.

That's when you realize how different your Disney experience is going to be........

* You can go on any attraction you want without worrying about your child being afraid the rest of the day.

* You can eat whenever you want, whatever you want

* You can dart in and out of the crowds easily, dodging other people's strollers to cover more ground in a day.

*You can spend the entire day in the same park, or hop around between your favorite parks more easily

* You don't have to spend the whole day in Fantasyland unless YOU want to

* You don't have to spend two hours trying to find that gift shop that had the souvenier your child can't live without

*You don't have to make emergency runs to the restroom and lose your place in line

*You can travel much more lightly, carrying just one water bottle, poncho, etc...

* and the best part of a Disney vacation without kids is the chance to be a kid again yourself.

My husband and I are going next month!

Karen

The look of envy your co-workers give you as you take a "vacation day" midweek at DL. Eat your hearts out!:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!