"The best thing about going to Disney without kids......??"

Every May I take my daughter to WDW for her birthday.

But in January, that's the adult trip...Pleasure Island, Golf, more Drinks, dancing, night life......did I mention Golf. :laughing:

Sounds like fun, madthemouse. If you have the babysitter, it is a good way to have a vacation with everything easily accessed.

Love going to WDW with my 2 DS's. But every November a group of us adults go for the F&WF. I still can't stop talking about our last trip we had SSSOOOO much fun.
I am already planning our Nov. 04 trip and can't wait. Just to have the same amount of fun!:goodvibes
I highly recommend parents take an adults only trip to WDW atleast once a year.

My favorite things about going w/out kids to Disney is:
#1 no curfew. We need to get back to the room for a mid-day rest or for bed time at night.

#2 An extra margarita in Mexico AND a Becks Beer in Germany.

#3 Eating whenever and wherever I want.

Eat, sleep & Drink, huh?:cool1:

DH and I like to walk quickly. On our last trip, we were the first people to get pics taken with Mickey and Goofy when Epcot opened, because we knew where they'd be. We got through so much of FW in a few hours because we knew how to play against the crowd.

We also plan ahead using menus and vouchers to eat well for cheap. We leave ourselves choices for the day, but know which meals are the best value at each place. On our last trip, I don't think we ever had a burger or chicken finger. Kids would be much pickier.

We could enjoy the nightlife as a couple and not worry about anyone but ourselves.

And as a time saver, we're willing to do single rider in order to save time - i.e. Mission Space and Test Track.

As a single mom, I don't often get to have wine with dinner. I'm the only one who can drive us home, and I'm still responsible for the kids after dinner anyway. I'm greatly looking forward to trying plum wine at Japan next month, as well as something tropical at 'Ohana. :)

DH & I did several WDW trips pre-kids (including our honeymoon), and have now done several trips *with* our two little darlings. I'm doing my first SOLO trip in a little over three weeks (WOOHOO!!). As much fun as it is to see WDW through the eyes of my babies, I miss (and look forward to on my solo trip) being able to :
--stay up late and see all of the great fireworks shows and other nighttime shows
--eat a nice, leisurely dinner at a fine restaurant
--Spend a day at Epcot drinking our way "around the World"
--Hang out at the resort pool without worrying about the kids
--travel with a quarter or less of the junk I have to lug around with kids

As I prepare for my first solo trip, I also look forward to doing absolutely whatever I want, sleeping as late as I want, eating wherever I want, and being able to spend money without DH looking over my shoulder and saying "do we really need that?"

Here's my reason for going to Disney alone :sunny:
Last year me and 4 other friends went to WDW for the Drum Corps International competition.I had a wonderfull time but as they say too many cooks spoil the soup.
I had the oppurtunity to spend just 1 night alone with my significant other...We had a magical time running through Epcot in the rain and finally seeing a beautifull sunrise at Italy.
This year it will just be me and him and I am looking foward to 6 nights just like that !

This is a fun thread!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I love watching the kids early in the morning when they are really excited and just plain adorable.

But then as the day progresses, they start getting tired and grumpy. My DH and I are newlyweds with no kids just yet, so we love going to WDW and just being big kids!!

We can stay out as late as we want, spend more time a the park that we like, drink our way through EPCOT, party at PI, and eat at the awesome restaurants that Disney has.

The day will come when can share the magic with our kids, but until then I don't envy the parents with screaming kids or carrying their kids as they leave the parks at night, because we are on our way to PI for some laughs at the Comedy Club or Adventure Club! ;-)

DH and I don't have any children yet. I know we will love to visit WDW with our children someday, but we love being able to enjoy it as adults for now. The best part for us is being able to get from place to place in a hurry without kids slowing us down as we love to do Disney commando style. We also appreciate not having to leave the park for an afternoon nap.

It's my wife and I who are the 'Park Commandos' and our two oldest daughters were the slugs who slept late. We enjoy getting to the parks early without having to flog them awake to join us or to waste time trying to hook up later. I also find that the whining of other people's kids, far from being annoying, is music to my ears. I developed the trick of selective hearing early in my marriage, now that there's no need to respond to such cues, I can further appreciate my current status.

Bill From PA

My DH and I will be taking our VERY FIRST "adult's only" trip to Disney in six weeks, four days!! Really it's our first trip alone since we were married in 1987!! We can't wait!

My friends insist that we will break down and bring the girls at the last minute (we have four, ages 15, 13, 9 and 7)! Not happening this time! DH and I had an "Adult Only" Disney Cruise planned for 2002, but ended up cancelling and driving down for a WDW vacation with the girls because of 9/11. :( We both didn't want to be on an airplane/ship without the girls . . . you just never know. . . :worried:

Needless to say, we are looking forward to our "second well deserved honeymoon"!! :bride: :groom:

:hug: :goodvibes :jumping4: :love2: :love1: :happy1: :jumping1:

Best thing by far is being able to just be impulsive...pick up and go wherever you want whenever you want. My husband and I don't have kids and to be honest, even when we do, they have got to be at least 6 or 7 before I would even consider taking them to WDW. I have just seen too many young children screaming and crying at things like Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger spin...there's no way I am paying for a WDW vacation to hang out at the pool all day either....

we don't have any kids...yet ....so I have nothing to compare it to .....but

I think being able to go and get a little tipsy ( not driving ourselves afterwards of course)

being able to swim or hottub later at night

eating wherever you want and taking as much time as you want

shopping.....w/o kids yelling ...although boyfriends or husbands tend to do the same thing sometimes

dancing at PI til 2:00 in the morning

waking up late and going to the parks whenever you want.

My favorite things about going without the kids:

No Winnie the Pooh ride

NO BABY SWAP!!!!!!!!!

can ya tell I really hate waiting with the baby swap??

My favorite thing about going to Disney is not having children. Honestly, I think kids are fine, but screaming and yelling and crying children just is not my idea of a fun vacation.

We are kidless also and I am sure it is a joy that only a parent knows watching their little child experience the joys of WDW, but we enjoy our trips very much. I think what is the best part is just not having to live our lives on a kid's schedule (feeding, changing, napping, etc.). We are up when we're up, eat when we want to eat, go when we want to go, stay up when we want to, etc. etc. etc. No schedules!

Not hearing:

Where are we going next?
We're eating where?????
Why are we just sitting here?

We haven't done it yet; we leave for our first WDW vacation without the kids in 13 days. But here's what I'm looking forward to most: getting 1 person ready to go in the morning, not 4! :D

The wife and I are taking our first WDW trip without kids in a few days. We are excited, to say the least. We have said for years that on our 10yr anniversary that we are spending it with Mickey.
I know it is going to be great, but I am going to miss the look on the little ones faces as we get our first view of the castle in the MK. That is priceless.

....being able to go on anything you want, when you want.

.....waiting in line without hearing anyone's whining but your own. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter