The Bear Necessities! April 2019 W.I.S.H Goals

A - aluminum foil... I love the way you can mold it and it holds its shape.
B - bunnies... I have two wild ones living in my yard and I love seeing them hop around. At least I think there are just two...
C - cats... mine bring so much love and joy to my life.
D - dandelions... I know they are "weeds" but the flowers are such a bright intense happy yellow.
E - employment... it can get crazy, but I am ever so grateful for my job/career.
Oh, I love games! I'll play a few letters...

F - Fridays...last day of my work week
G - Girls Nights...I have one tomorrow night to celebrate my friends birthday
H - Home...it always feels good to be home
I - Iced Tea...refreshing drink that can be sweetened in so many ways, my favorite is peach iced tea
J - July...my kids birthday month, my anniversary month, a summer month, and the month we go to Disney!!!

Foodie Friday!!!

Did you try any new healthy foods this week?

Bonus question: What is the most ambitious/unusual food (healthy or otherwise) that you, personally, have attempted to make? (Even if you're a non-cooker and it's ramen noodles...)
This week I made Honey Sesame Chicken in the crock pot.
Here's the link to the recipe: https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-sesame-honey-chicken/
Most of the family liked it. We had it over rice. But today I got to take some leftover to school for lunch and I had it with some leftover pasta with light Alfredo sauce. It was delicious!

As for the the most ambitious/unusual food that I've attempted to make, I would say Korean Beef Bibimbap Rice Bowls from Hello Fresh. I have really been enjoying the Hello Fresh meals (they ship all the ingredients and the recipe for a meal, but I do the cooking). Although I'm not sure they are worth the cost compared to the price of groceries, this service has really inspired me to expand my cooking skills. And as a family, we have also been having a good time trying new foods. We generally do 2 meals in a week, but just one week a month. I skip the other weeks due to the cost.

This week I made Honey Sesame Chicken in the crock pot.
Here's the link to the recipe: https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-sesame-honey-chicken/
Most of the family liked it. We had it over rice. But today I got to take some leftover to school for lunch and I had it with some leftover pasta with light Alfredo sauce. It was delicious!

As for the the most ambitious/unusual food that I've attempted to make, I would say Korean Beef Bibimbap Rice Bowls from Hello Fresh. I have really been enjoying the Hello Fresh meals (they ship all the ingredients and the recipe for a meal, but I do the cooking). Although I'm not sure they are worth the cost compared to the price of groceries, this service has really inspired me to expand my cooking skills. And as a family, we have also been having a good time trying new foods. We generally do 2 meals in a week, but just one week a month. I skip the other weeks due to the cost.

I bet you still spent less (and ate much better) than going out to eat at a chain restaurant!

Cooking lobsters was my most ambitious project and I won’t do it again-having to chase one of those little buggers across my kitchen floor just about traumatized me!

Nice going... this made me laugh out loud and then my husband thought it was because of something HE was jabbering and ugg... he talked MORE... but seriously, what a great image!!! Of course in my mind, the lobster grabbed a knife and was fighting back, and there was cancan music in the background like that scene from Little Mermaid...

I've cooked lots and lots over the years (as attested by my pants size... sigh,) but I think the most UNUSUAL thing I ever made was homemade sauerkraut. My sister and her kids stayed with us for a few weeks just after her husband died, and a nice lady from their church was trying to be helpful and kept sending home the reject vegetables from her grocery truck job... so bruised tomatoes, spotty cabbage, that sort of thing. The tomatoes I just canned, but the cabbage was a bit of a challenge. There's only so much coleslaw and stuffed cabbage you can eat, so I decided to try sauerkraut.

THAT. WAS. SO! NERDY. COOL! You put the cabbage in water in a big pot, weight it down with a heavy plate so it stays below the water, and just wait. Once or twice a day, you remove the plate and stir it, and pretty soon when you do that, it will hiss and bubble like soda water!!! It's not something I have done since, but it definitely was the coolest cooking/science project I've done.

And, getting ahead as we go into our WHATEVER WEEKEND...

The weather is getting nicer (at least up here in the northern hemisphere, but maybe our "friends from the other side" LIKE their July winters...) and it seems like every Saturday from here until June is starting to fill up with events. Are your weekends hectic? Or restful? Or a combination?

This weekend, try to do whatever recharges you, whether it is quiet rest and relaxation or partying with friends until the neighbors complain!!!

bear-320x240.gif

Hello, Dearies, from my college classroom... shh!!!

I'll be back a little later to catch up with everyone, but for the moment, it's Foodie Friday!!!

Did you try any new healthy foods this week?

Bonus question: What is the most ambitious/unusual food (healthy or otherwise) that you, personally, have attempted to make? (Even if you're a non-cooker and it's ramen noodles...)

And, as much as I'd love to stay here, I have to do statistics now... booooooooooo

I tried this (not my picture, I buy the ww magazine but googled it and found this)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/45/74/4f45748286cdb2ca985b829d4f94f3c4.jpg
We all ate it but I don't think it's going in my recipe folder. It was ok

Someone mentioned courgetti noodles - this is my favorite recipe! It's really easy and packed with falvour
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/dc/d7/d0dcd7167b6af3d61435b04057802afe.jpg

Mots ambitious probably that I cant get right is biryani. I have a cheat recipe that works but all my attempts to do a proper biryani failed!

A Are your weekends hectic? Or restful? Or a combination?

This weekend, try to do whatever recharges you, whether it is quiet rest and relaxation or partying with friends until the neighbors complain!!!

We have been so busy every weekend with what is effectively full day of work on Saturday viewing houses. Getting our home ready for sale, open viewings, sale agreed, documents, the buyer pulled out, putting it back on the marker, getting it ready for open viewings, getting sale agreed, viewing houses we want to buy in area that is not close to us. So it could end that we have a house to view at 10 and 11:30 and 1 but there is no point to drive back home as there isn't really enough time. I tried to do the groceries shopping but it end up bigger mess to be honest as the layout was different to the one I go and I end up not getting what I need

It's also emotionally draining. We have done this nearly every weekend since January. We come home after sitting in the car for long but drained. You walk in a house and there are 30 couples looking at it - you can't even see it properly

I am glad I joined the everyday strong group as it will give me some positive focus. I am amazed by the amount of content he shared with us in month one. The main one is macros & calorie counting with very tiny moderate calorie restriction. 3l of water. 2 5 minutes meditation daily. 3 things you are grateful daily. 3 top priority items to get you to your gaol for the next day. Postive affirmations. It's really not just a diet and exerience plan at all. There is option of weights workouts if you have access to gym or bodyweight if you don't and if you travel. For people not wanting to do marcos he had low carb/paleo type of plans provided too.

I think it's going to be good, and hopefully help me find myself again as I feel bit lost lately.

We are only viewing one house today and I will try to get myself ready for the next week, cook, clean, walk on the beach and deal with my program. The challange is 90 days at the start.

still on food - made this after my morning workout
https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/r...l-and-ricotta-salata/5a5fb54eeb91ed707d65a8d0

it's really tasty. Tracking macro I had to ad slice of whograin bread to make it work for me and extra egg white but very tasty.

this recipe is going in the keepers folder. I buy ww magazine and cut what I plan to cook. If we like the recipe - I stored them in keepers folder.

The weather is getting nicer (at least up here in the northern hemisphere, but maybe our "friends from the other side" LIKE their July winters...) and it seems like every Saturday from here until June is starting to fill up with events. Are your weekends hectic? Or restful? Or a combination?

Yes - that definitely happens here! The weekends are already starting to fill up. (Though once the school year ends, my weekdays flip to be the quieter side, so my life as a whole will calm back down.)

This is me in the winter! When it gets dark, I get sleepy. If I sit down on the couch to watch TV after dinner, I'll often fall asleep, then wake up in the middle of the night and finish the chores and read a while, then go to bed for the other half of the night.

Since I’m retired (and my husband does occasional consulting work) our weekends tend to be fairly quiet-the occasional get togethers with family or friends. I try and do things during the week. And because most of my friends are retired we get together during the week. I had 16 women over last Tuesday for Book Club!
When I was working, weekends seemed to go by so fast! I’d be laying out clothes and packing my lunch on Sunday night wondering where the time went!

We have been so busy every weekend with what is effectively full day of work on Saturday viewing houses. Getting our home ready for sale, open viewings, sale agreed, documents, the buyer pulled out, putting it back on the marker, getting it ready for open viewings, getting sale agreed, viewing houses we want to buy in area that is not close to us. So it could end that we have a house to view at 10 and 11:30 and 1 but there is no point to drive back home as there isn't really enough time. I tried to do the groceries shopping but it end up bigger mess to be honest as the layout was different to the one I go and I end up not getting what I need

It's also emotionally draining. We have done this nearly every weekend since January. We come home after sitting in the car for long but drained. You walk in a house and there are 30 couples looking at it - you can't even see it properly

I am glad I joined the everyday strong group as it will give me some positive focus. I am amazed by the amount of content he shared with us in month one. The main one is macros & calorie counting with very tiny moderate calorie restriction. 3l of water. 2 5 minutes meditation daily. 3 things you are grateful daily. 3 top priority items to get you to your gaol for the next day. Postive affirmations. It's really not just a diet and exerience plan at all. There is option of weights workouts if you have access to gym or bodyweight if you don't and if you travel. For people not wanting to do marcos he had low carb/paleo type of plans provided too.

I think it's going to be good, and hopefully help me find myself again as I feel bit lost lately.

We are only viewing one house today and I will try to get myself ready for the next week, cook, clean, walk on the beach and deal with my program. The challange is 90 days at the start.

How stressful for you! It seems like it’s a seller’s market? It’s like that here right now. Our neighborhood at the beach usually has about 40 listings-we noticed only about 10 on our past trip.
This program sounds like exactly what you need. And I hope just the right house turns up for you.

The weather is nice here at the moment too - the strong heat of summer has passed, the nights are getting cooler but the days are still warm. Where I live we have pretty mild weather year round - it is not unusual to see tourists from cooler climates down south swimming in the ocean in the middle of our winter. I went looking to see if could find a weather comparison for you and found some tourist sites they say we have some of the highest sunshine levels in the world with an average of 7 hours per day (it does getter darker for longer in winter!) a map where someone has compared climate areas of Australia to other regions in the world likened my area to Southern Brazil - I've never been to Brazil so I really can't comment :-) In summer we can get some extremes for a smaller period of time in the high 30s to 40 degrees Celsius but usually its in the lower 30s - in winter we can get nighttime lows of single digits but the days are still in the high teens early 20s degrees Celsius. Definitely no snow where I live.

My weekends seem to go by in a blur of running kids to their part-time jobs, their social life and trying to get the house cleaner :laundy: (notice I said cleaner NOT clean - I feel like I fight a losing battle here!) ready for the week ahead. This weekend I had a nap on the couch yesterday afternoon. I did get my meal plan done and cooked on plan last night - but really felt snackish all day yesterday. Today - my goal is to make my kitchen/dining/living area spotless - so that it feels calmer and more restful.

That sounds like a great group and glad it is helping you at the moment :hug: I like the top 3 priority items to get to goal for the next day - it must really help with focus and help you put aside the smaller things that don't matter so much.

I waaaaay overate yesterday. A friend of DH's made chicken parm, meatballs...the whole set-up, for a Lodge event, and the portions were huge. Today I'm in recovery mode.

We will bid for a house that we have seen this weekend! Fingers crossed for us

The weather is miserable here but I feel happy and calm for first time in months. It' my 4th day on my new plan, 2nd workout this morning. I love the daily motivation and the suggestion of positive affirmations. One of them was - every day I do the simple things that move me towards my goals.

My motivation this weeks comes from wanting to feel like my actions, reflect my goals and be happy if this make sense?

Have a great week all!

We will bid for a house that we have seen this weekend! Fingers crossed for us

The weather is miserable here but I feel happy and calm for first time in months. It' my 4th day on my new plan, 2nd workout this morning. I love the daily motivation and the suggestion of positive affirmations. One of them was - every day I do the simple things that move me towards my goals.

My motivation this weeks comes from wanting to feel like my actions, reflect my goals and be happy if this make sense?

Have a great week all!
Fingers are crossed for you! My parents just moved last summer and went through this frustration as well. They were moving closer to us (about 2 hours away). And they kept bidding on houses. And it turned out their 8th bid was a second chance at their first house that they bid on because it fell through the original sale. You just never know what's going to happen. But I remember her especially going through a lot of emotional up and downs. Sounds like you have found a great program to help you manage your stress and emotions. That's great!

Happy Monday everyone! Today my motivation is that spring has arrived! It’s sunny and getting warmer, hitting 70 degrees F over the weekend!!

I am going to the gym tonight and am starting to see some results. I had a consultation there last week and will get a change to my program in order to focus a bit more in core and upper body strength. This will be really good for me! And with the nice weather I am excited about running regularly again. I also need to put air in the bike tires and then can bike to work again!!

It’s sunny and getting warmer, hitting 70 degrees F over the weekend!!

I'm envying your sunshine - it's been pouring rain here all morning! (I feel bad for the Marathoners.)

I think we did hit 70 yesterday, but that just means DS's room gets really hot, and his AC isn't in yet because of the rain. :(

My motivation this week is that it's school break, so I'm off work and "too busy" is not an excuse!

P.S. - I did do the "water before coffee" thing this morning. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!