• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Bachelor...Nick Viall...4th Time's a Charm? No Spoilers

I really liked Nick and Rachel together - their relationship just seemed so "easy" and natural. Of course, it could've been the editing.

I agree with a previous poster who said the franchise is trying to save a sinking ship by making the announcement while Rachel is still on the show.

That said, I'm very excited to see Rachel's season. I hope too, that I don't come to dislike her (a la Andi).

I love Rachel, and was hoping she'd be the next Bachelorette, but this whole season has sucked big time. I feel like every season has gotten worse & worse with all the fake drama, the bad girl or guy, the lack of interesting travel locations, announcing the Bachelor/Bachelorette early, and so on. ABC as a whole has been sucking for a long time, in my opinion. It pisses me off that I feel that they are using Rachel to give them some kind of brownie points for diversity, as well as warding off mutiny, by announcing her as the next Bachelorette before she was sent home. I think they were worried that people would be up in arms when Nick sent her home, screaming the very popular phrase that has seemed to taken over our country when things don't go a certain way.

It's been a tough season to get into. I didn't like Nick going into it and I don't like him any better now. I didn't like Nick going into his second season on the Bachelorette. Wait, I didn't like Nick on the first season of the Bachelorette. I guess I just never liked Nick!

I'm always torn about who I want to "win", but moreso this season, because quite honestly real winning means NOT being the F1. I hope it's Corrine...they're made for each other.

I've been saying from the beginning that Rachel should be the next Bachelorette. She's got the looks, the intelligence, the charm. I hope I end up still liking her because I don't think I've ever liked a recycled Bachelor/Bachelorette to the extent I may have liked them on the first go around.

Very odd that they announced her as the next Bachelorette last night. So much for the most dramatic rose ceremony ever on next week's episode and watching Corrine fret about whether or not she'll get a rose. When is The Women Tell All? Is Rachel going to be on confronting Nick, as if she cares? I think Rachel got the outcome that they all really want.

I had only seen Nick on paradise so I thought he was interesting. But I like him less and less the more I watch... he and Corrine really do seem to be the perfect match. Is it bad that I'm rooting for her because I feel bad for the other girls ending up with him?

I think irrespective of WHO he chooses, the relationship will not last. There is a reason a guy gets to age 36 and never gets married....most of the time, it'e because they are a commitment phobe, and that 'ain't changing just cause he's the Bachelor. I give any "relationship" 6 months. Nick is looking for only one thing: fame (and lots of sex with women much younger than he is).

I love Rachel, and was hoping she'd be the next Bachelorette, but this whole season has sucked big time. I feel like every season has gotten worse & worse with all the fake drama, the bad girl or guy, the lack of interesting travel locations, announcing the Bachelor/Bachelorette early, and so on. ABC as a whole has been sucking for a long time, in my opinion. It pisses me off that I feel that they are using Rachel to give them some kind of brownie points for diversity, as well as warding off mutiny, by announcing her as the next Bachelorette before she was sent home. I think they were worried that people would be up in arms when Nick sent her home, screaming the very popular phrase that has seemed to taken over our country when things don't go a certain way.
Are you making a dig at the BLM movement?

I read the spoilers so I won't elaborate too much, but if I hadn't read the spoilers, I think I'd be surprised by who Nick picks in the end! Contrary to some of the PPs, I'm not finding it super obvious. At least not obvious like Jordan was on Jojo's season. That was obvious from the get-go.

I'll be curious to see if they will cast more black suitors for Rachel than white ones. Perhaps that will lead to our first black Bachelor! I think Rachel was a good pick, regardless of her color, because she's genuine and interesting. The other remaining contestants are boring and would have made for dull leads.

I know they always have the token villan each season. But Corinne is just... too much. It always seems like she is drunk, or tired, or both. The formula is tired by now, so who knows, maybe Rachel will make things more interesting.

Can anyone who reads Reality Steve explain why they announced the Bachelorette now when she is still a contestant on the show? It seems so odd to me. But I don't want to know if the explanation ruins anything from the current season! Thanks!

That's a little stretch, don't you think? I wasn't singling out anyone. I said the "country", not one particular group.
Then please be clear what you meant since I was obviously not the only one who was confused. What "popular phrase" do you mean?

I'll be curious to see if they will cast more black suitors for Rachel than white ones. Perhaps that will lead to our first black Bachelor!

IMO, ABC missed the boat bigtime by not casting Marquel Martin as the next bachelor after Andi's season.

IMO, ABC missed the boat bigtime by not casting Marquel Martin as the next bachelor after Andi's season.
I thought he was adorable! But he went out in Week 5 leaving 8 other men in the game. I don't think they usually take contestants from that far back. I guess the producers could have told Andi to keep him around until the final 4 but they didn't.

I am really excited about Rachel! I would have liked to see a black bachelor/ette before now but I'm happy that ABC is finally going forward showing more diversity in their stable of beautiful people LOL.

Can anyone who reads Reality Steve explain why they announced the Bachelorette now when she is still a contestant on the show? It seems so odd to me. But I don't want to know if the explanation ruins anything from the current season! Thanks!

As PP said above, he doesn't know but there's some speculation that the season has sucked as far as ratings go, and perhaps by making this announcement early, it will garner some interest and save the last few episodes of this season in the ratings department. Who knows. He also addressed whether Rachel's season may have more black men than white men which could mean black bachelors/bachelorettes for many seasons to come, but he said he thinks it will just be a mix of races and not noticeably different.

Let's see last night ---

*Jasmine looks like Kevin Durant - well sister. Rachel looks like Robin Givens. Raven looks like someone! Who is it? Can't figure it out. That's all I do now. So bored. Hear little coming out of their mouths - just play who do they resemble.
Raven reminds me of one of the girls on Pretty Little Liars.

Just saw this and knew my fellow Bachelor watchers would find it amusing....at least I did. LOL. What happens when you have the first gay Bachelor? Jessie Tyler Ferguson as the Bachelor.

:rotfl:

Well it's confirmed. It's Rachel for the next Bachelorette. Which means Nick has absolutely confirmed himself as an idiot. :rotfl:Of those left, he had both chemistry and ease with her. I love Raven but thought that Rachel and Nick were such a great match.

Chemistry, ease, smart, attractive - what does that man want? We shall see.

Maybe ABC paid Nick big money to send her home so that she could save try to save Bachelor Nation! :drinking1So strange to announce it while she's still on the show.
I was listening to Talk Radio and the subject of announcing the next Bachelorette so early came up. One person said the reason was to get a lot of black men to choose from, that while black men do apply for the show, there are tons more white that do.

When I found out who the bachelor was going to be, I decided not to watch. We call him "burger king" here (cuz he kind of looks like burger king) and he really turns me off. I can't imagine kissing him, or watching other girls who want to. I'm pretty much over bachelor and bachelorette now. It was fun for many many years, but it's getting pretty boring now.

I know they always have the token villan each season. But Corinne is just... too much. It always seems like she is drunk, or tired, or both. The formula is tired by now, so who knows, maybe Rachel will make things more interesting.
....Rachel obviously has more depth, class, and intelligence to her than that whiny, snow-flaky whack-job we call Corinne.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter