The Amazing Race starts tonight

Any predictions for tonight? Maybe, after tonight Brooke will be gone! :duck:

Last edited:
Michael & Liz eliminated. Unfortunately, their ability to follow road directions was never strong. Brooke was unusually tame last night. :rolleyes:

I LOVE TeamFun and hope they make it to at least the finals. I am ready for Brooke to go home even with behaving for the most part last night. I understand Michael's anger but in the end, it is a race for a million dollars and with only 6 teams left, there comes a point when you might have to make a hard or unpopular decision.

I was so afraid TeamFUn was going to go home last night. Them and Tara and Joey are my favorites. Between those two, I don't care who wins.

I had to watch the end first just to make sure that "team fun" didn't get eliminated. I can't believe that they got that lost. I was glad that they squeaked through.

Hopefully Brooke goes next even though I don't mind her partner.

Michael & Liz eliminated. Unfortunately, their ability to follow road directions was never strong. Brooke was unusually tame last night. :rolleyes:

Ultimately, that was his fault. She tried to get him to turn around, but he wouldn't look at the map to find out if his idea would even work.

Ultimately, that was his fault. She tried to get him to turn around, but he wouldn't look at the map to find out if his idea would even work.
They realized fairly quickly that the other 3 teams had taken the other turnoff. If he had listened to her suggestion THEN that they turn around and take that turnoff, they would not have been eliminated. They would have lost very little time. But no, he had a stick up his rear about NOT TURNING AROUND or GOING BACKWARD and insisted on some theoretical way they could cut across and make up the time. Trouble is, if you have ever traveled in Europe, their road system is not like what many of us are used to, because we rely much more heavily on cars to get around. Our highway system is very different. You may look in a map and see a town you want to get to, but there is no road to it the way we would expect in the US. You have to plan routes and deviation is not always going to be an option. His stubborn attitude cost them.

Directions, driving and maps were their downfall. He was just too stubborn to listen to her. It would have been so easy to just turn around and go back with the other 3 teams. I couldn't believe how he was acting. She kept saying, turn around, there is no road on the map to connect.

I was so happy team fun made it another week. I was rolling my eyes when that one team at the u-turn was talking about mike an liz like, "we need to slow them down more, they have to do a speed bump, but this will really slow them down." I can't believe how stupid they are. They were focused on eliminating a VERY non-threatening team. Why they do not try to go after one of the stronger teams is beyond me. If it were me, I would rather race against mike and liz in the end than redmond and his partner. I would do everything to keep mike and liz in the game. Lets face it mike can't beat anyone in a footrace to the finish.

Directions, driving and maps were their downfall. He was just too stubborn to listen to her. It would have been so easy to just turn around and go back with the other 3 teams. I couldn't believe how he was acting. She kept saying, turn around, there is no road on the map to connect.

I was so happy team fun made it another week. I was rolling my eyes when that one team at the u-turn was talking about mike an liz like, "we need to slow them down more, they have to do a speed bump, but this will really slow them down." I can't believe how stupid they are. They were focused on eliminating a VERY non-threatening team. Why they do not try to go after one of the stronger teams is beyond me. If it were me, I would rather race against mike and liz in the end than redmond and his partner. I would d they o everything to keep mike and liz in the game. Lets face it mike can't beat anyone in a footrace to the finish.
Matt and Redmond had already shown that could overcome a U-Turn, so without knowing what was ahead, they probably would have passed Scott and Brooke. If they're just fighting to stay in one more week, Mike and Liz were a good choice. Knowing what we know as viewers, they also could have U-Turned Tara and Joey, because they're easily confused and might have been totally thrown by the extra task. But we don't know what the other racers know about what mistakes people have made. There may also be alliances that we haven't been shown.

I was going to be SO mad if Becca had trouble with the roadblock with the synchronized marching. That was perfect for Floyd, being in marching band. Moot point since she got it on the second try, but I didn't understand that one -- maybe he had done too many roadblocks.

Last edited:
But we don't know what the other racers know about what mistakes people have made.

Something I read, maybe wikipedia, said the teams aren't allowed to interact at the pit stops. Chances are they don't know much about other teams' weaknesses.

I was going to be SO mad if Becca had trouble with the roadblock with the synchronized marching. That was perfect for Floyd, being in marching band. Moot point since she got it on the first try, but I didn't understand that one -- maybe he had done too many roadblocks.
The roadblock was suppose to be a mirror image. I had a feeling the judge wasn't very tough. A few of them, set the gun down a few seconds after the partner.

Something I read, maybe wikipedia, said the teams aren't allowed to interact at the pit stops. Chances are they don't know much about other teams' weaknesses.

I think it was in the link someone posted a couple pages back - you're right, it did talk about the lack of interaction (at least in regards to race stuff) that contestants were allowed.

This season has seen some really strange strategies with the U Turns - between U Turning only one team and U Turning the team that already has a Road Block, it just seems like odd choices. I suppose in both cases, they were guaranteeing someone would end up in last place, but it just seemed unnecessary and you would think they'd be more focused on getting tougher teams out.

I was so annoyed when Brooke U-Turned Matt and Liz. That whiney little baby would not even still be in the race if it wasn't for Matt. Back-stabbing little so-and-so.

Still, I'm glad that Team Fun beat them so maybe it was actually for the best.

Brooke would of been out of the race, if Matt and everyone else didn't help her make that ladle. It probably is a good lesson for future racers, but most people are kind hearted, but Matt learned it really bit him in the butt.

Brooke would of been out of the race, if Matt and everyone else didn't help her make that ladle. It probably is a good lesson for future racers, but most people are kind hearted, but Matt learned it really bit him in the butt.
IIRC Liz even told him not to help her but he extracted a promise from Brooke not to U-Turn them and said that she would "owe" them. Lying little shark.

Can't stand Brooke, but I love her partner. It cracks me up when he talks about her sort of behind her back. He has a good attitude that, as annoying as she is, he has to work with her and try to prevent her from getting too riled up. I wish there was a way he could win without her winning, too.

So... what happened last night?... our weather made for a non continuous view! :idea:

Of what I did see Brooke was the ever WHINER! How was it that they came in 3rd when the task of the Bamboo Ladder did not happen? :confused3

AND, Was there an Elimination?

Last edited:
Two shows.
First show, Team Fun came in first! and won a trip to the Galapagos islands. Team Mom Dad came in last but it was a non elimination leg. Lot of drama from Scott at the Roadblock, bungee jumping. He hates heights and especially hates bungee jumping, and will never do it again after this time. Lots of arguing between Brooke and Scott. Joey and Tara mess up the detour.
Second show, still in Vietnam, first up is Roadblock, getting a Travelocity gnome and delivering shrimp traps by bike. Floyd drops some traps and has to redo the Roadblock, not just pick up what he dropped. Next desk is delivering some stuff on a one-person-powered pedal boat. No Detour. Matt and Redmond finish first, Brooke makes a big deal of coming in second. Floyd has heat exhaustion. Team Fun never even made it to the boat. Phil met them and told them about the elimination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter