The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man - Universal Hall of Fame

Should The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man be in The DIS Universal Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 30 96.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What do you think about Spider-Man? Hall of Fame worthy? Best attraction at Universal? Best attraction in Orlando? Let us know!

100% HOF worthy without a doubt. I enjoy this ride more than both of the Potter rides. Great show yesterday, as always.

Haven't watched yesterdays' show yet. And I've never been to a Universal park, but I've STILL always heard about the Spiderman ride, and how good it is, so I can't do anything BUT vote "yes". :)

I rode it for the first time last year and I couldn't believe that it was built in 1999. When I compare it to Transformers, I can't help but think Transformers should be so much better with having 13 years to build upon what Spiderman started, but it's not.

Universal Studio's and Islands of adventure where and are amazing theme parks.
Combining a moving simulator in perfect sync with the screens you get something better then a dark ride, better then a rollercoaster. You get a new animal that is not beaten by any theme park in the world, not even by the creative team because it's even a knot or two above Transformers.
The recent update gave the ride a whole new life. The new rendered movies in higher resolution give you a sharper, clearer and more detailed look in the streets of New York. Because it reflex more light the team could relight the practical scene's making practical scene elements visible that was hidden in the dark before. The addition of even more speakers in the scoop mobile makes the whole experience even more immersive. In the end you believe everything that happens to you even though you never get an inch from the floor of the ride building.

This definitely deserves to be in the Universal hall of fame. It was a groundbreaking ride in 1999 when it opened and still has no equal even today. It is not just a 3d attraction. It is a 3d attraction when the projected characters interact with the physical world. For example, in an early scene, Spiderman jumps on a ladder that moves then jumps over to the scoop that bounces "reacting to his weight". The tech used in that ride at the time was amazing. This is the segment from the 1999 USA Network "Making of IOA" show

Definitely a hall of famer. Transformers was definitely a step backwards for this technology.

To address a couple of points raised in the podcast:

* While Spiderman is cloned at Universal Studios Japan I disagree with Ryno that it is Universal's standard policy. The Mummy ride is significantly different in every park its in (I actually like Singapore's best as it gets rid of the movie shoot framing device). The Jurassic park ride can be quite different as well.

* The only difference I noticed on Spiderman in Japan was the language and that there was a ride photo available (is that available in Orlando?). And the souveneirs that were available in the gift shop were very different.

Last edited:
uh mazing noodles.

Also, no, they don't have a photo taken at the Orlando ride.
BUT, i dont know why. There's the part at the end where Spidey takes your picture, and its naturally assumed you'll see it when you get off, but nope.
Maybe they nixed the idea or something. It's at a calm part of the ride, anyway.

Anyho, it's really one of the best rides ever. I would love if a new Star Wars attraction used this kind of structure with the live action sets with screens.

* The only difference I noticed on Spiderman in Japan was the language and that there was a ride photo available (is that available in Orlando?). And the souveneirs that were available in the gift shop were very different.

I read they just added onride photo to Spiderman.

What do you think about Spider-Man?
The best blend of High-Tech and dark ride to date. TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D seems to be too in your face for me, but the way the movement between floors is hidden so well is a major plus for this class of ride system. Busch Gardens Williamsburg has Curse of DarKastle that may not be on the same level as the Universal rides, but for a regional non-year-round park it deserves honorable mention. Maybe Disney will take a bite of this apple with DHS 2.0.

Hall of Fame worthy? Best attraction at Universal? Best attraction in Orlando?
Yes Yes & Yes

Let us know!
and know you know

G'day
III

I got to vote yes. This one ride did a lot to keep Universal from slipping. It showed that Universal could create a unique experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!