The All New Pop Century FAR OUT FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent and very helpful thread Tyler! I think I will give this a try on Friday and Saturday in July between DVC stays. :jester:

I changed my ressies and added an extra day, at the code I got, it was worth it!::yes:: So, Jan. 31-Feb. 5th!;)

Originally posted by SQUIGGLE
Tyler - thanks so much for all your work!
When you have a second - what is "POP TV"? Could it be a channel just for PC?

Not quite sure! It wasn't working when I was staying there.

Whats the pool look like?? That is the must important part for my nephews?? And does it have a waterslide??

Originally posted by klh999
Whats the pool look like?? That is the must important part for my nephews?? And does it have a waterslide??

Value resorts do not have a waterslide.

There are 3 main pools at Pop Century. The Bowling Pin pool, the Hippy Dippy pool, and the Computer pool. All of them are decent sized. The Hippy-Dippy pool has spray jets. In addition, there's also a kiddie pool, and a pop-jet area.

Thank You! That is exactly what I was looking for!
8 Days before we POP over to Disney, Can't Wait!!

I have heard that somehow you can rent christmas trees at the world and they will set it up in your room. Is this true? And does pop century do this? I am sure it is a pretty penny. But I thougt I would ask.

Thank You

See you in nine days!!!

Minnie2002

Just an update... Opening day, Sunday Dec 14th... the Security Kiosk will open at 6:00am. Prior to 6:00am, Security will hold guests back in the RIGHT lane. The left lane needs to be kept clear for cast members coming to work. After 6:00am, all will be open and clear. :)

OMG, only 3 more days until Pop Century opens!! Oh, how I wish I were there. February can't come soon enough!!! One would have never thought that this day would ever come since they have delayed opening of this resort several times. Good luck on opening day Tyler.

See ya soon!!!

:wave2:

I have a question regarding check-in times, besides opening day. Even though there's no guarantee (or little chance) for your room to be ready in the morning, how early can one check-in?

I ask as I'll be arriving early on a Friday morning in January, bright-eyed and bushy tailed off a red-eye flight from the West Coast. My flight arrives at 6:05am and I figure I'll be on property by 7am. Can I go ahead and check-in? I'd like to get my resort ID to take advantage of EMH at the appropriate park--I think AK. Is this something I can do?

BTW, Tyler thanks for all the info you've been posting and creating the FAQ!!! You rock.

Originally posted by Armadillo4
I have a question regarding check-in times, besides opening day. Even though there's no guarantee (or little chance) for your room to be ready in the morning, how early can one check-in?

I ask as I'll be arriving early on a Friday morning in January, bright-eyed and bushy tailed off a red-eye flight from the West Coast. My flight arrives at 6:05am and I figure I'll be on property by 7am. Can I go ahead and check-in? I'd like to get my resort ID to take advantage of EMH at the appropriate park--I think AK. Is this something I can do?

Although Check-In is officially at 3:00pm, you may check in early. However, your room may not be available at that time. In such a case, you'll be checked in, your luggage will be stored, and you'll be given all the appropriate materials, including your Key to the World Resort ID. You will also be given a phone number to call. Call that number later in the day to find out the status of your room, and the actual room number.

Your room may not be ready, but you can certainly enjoy the World. :)

Hi all,

We are on a 7 day countdown to Pop Century.

Does anyone know if there are coffee makers in the rooms ??

Looking forward to the trip.

No, coffee makers will not be available. However, there will be coffee, hot chocolate, expresso, and cappucino at Everything POP! :)

I wasn't too thrilled when I found out about Pop Century, especially after seeing the concept drawings. Now that those room rates are out for January though...Martin Luther King day long weekend? Is it worth it? I need a dose of pixie dust, college is getting to me!! :)

TYLERRRRRRRRRRRR...

Me and TIG are on our way OUT THE DOOR>>>>
I know POP dosen't open until tomorrow ,,but we want to get a BOUNCE on things,,so we are staying at ASMO tonight!!!! We are only 60 miles from the MAIN GATE so we should be there in about 45 mins YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,see ya tomorrow TYLER..I HAVE MY FOT BADGE<<LOL!!!

Linda -TINK (half of T&T)

Hey Tyler -

I'm packing for our trip. We leave on Tuesday. Just wondering do they have irons in the rooms?

Any tips on the upcoming weather? Thanks - See you on Wednesday.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter