Theme Park View room, Big Pine Key (please note, OLD room decor):

bb08.jpg

7444.jpg

1c1a.jpg

This was on the fourth floor, corner.

Hey Misti ~ is that a deluxe dormer?

Our Dormer in SL was maybe 1/2 that size :lmao:

Thats a pretty room! :thumbsup2

The thread looks great! Thank you. So excited for my upcoming stay on July3rd. It will be my 4th stay but my husbands 1st. A surprise for him for our 1yr wedding anniversary.:yay:

Misti - there's also a room like your Main Building, Royal Palm Club, Deluxe Room, Option 2 but with a King bed. We were in one on the 4th floor last summer. I don't care too much for the layout but it did have an extra-long balcony.
Also, our King Deluxe (Turret) room had a different layout. The love seat was in the center of the room, facing the television, which was on the opposite side of the room from the bed and there was a desk where your layout shows the love seat...

Theme Park View room in Boca Chica (please note, OLD room decor):

c028.jpg

Dormer room

Views from Theme Park View room in Boca Chica:

6db9.jpg

d028.jpg

Misti - there's also a room like your Main Building, Royal Palm Club, Deluxe Room, Option 2 but with a King bed. We were in one on the 4th floor last summer. I don't care too much for the layout but it did have an extra-long balcony.
Also, our King Deluxe (Turret) room had a different layout. The love seat was in the center of the room, facing the television, which was on the opposite side of the room from the bed and there was a desk where your layout shows the love seat...

Thanks for correcting me. Yes, these are only sample room layouts. The actual rooms may vary in set-up. I didn't mean for them to be the exact layout of the rooms in furniture placement.. I posted these more for people to see the general shape of the rooms. That can be helpful to people sometimes when they see all these different categories listed without knowing the difference.

I think it's about time for another trip to the Grand! Good job guys! :thumbsup2

I will be there in 83 days 17 hours , 1 minute and 28,27,26 seconds.... not that I am counting :rolleyes1

Better yet ~ I will be there in exactly 2008 hours =)

somehow 2,008 hours sounds better than 83 days lol

Wow -those are some fantastic pictures. I'd love to stay in the GF at least once in my life. For now - I'll just dream via your pictures :)

Question about sea racers

We booked DD at the Wonderland tea party for our resort day. DH and DS want to rent the sea racers while she is at her party. We have never rented one before so he called the wdw play hotline and they said you don't need to reserve a sea racer? Is this correct?
What age are they allowed to use the sea racers? Should DH plan on renting one or 2:confused3
I am thinking 1 as DS might run into the Grand 1 and I don't want that repair bill :rotfl2:

Has anyone rented them before? How hard are they to drive? What has been your experience?
DH also looked up the sailboat rental and that might be another option :confused3 but again not sure of ages. Do they supply life vests and does everyone have to wear one?

I think it's about time for another trip to the Grand...

I agree :cutie:

We booked DD at the Wonderland tea party for our resort day. DH and DS want to rent the sea racers while she is at her party. We have never rented one before so he called the wdw play hotline and they said you don't need to reserve a sea racer? Is this correct?
What age are they allowed to use the sea racers? Should DH plan on renting one or 2:confused3
I am thinking 1 as DS might run into the Grand 1 and I don't want that repair bill :rotfl2:

Has anyone rented them before? How hard are they to drive? What has been your experience?
DH also looked up the sailboat rental and that might be another option :confused3 but again not sure of ages. Do they supply life vests and does everyone have to wear one?

How old is your son? I think kids have to be 12 to drive a Sea Raycer. If he's old enough I'm sure he'd LOVE to have one all to himself ;) I can tell you that they are easy to drive. Definitely don't need to worry about reserving in advance.

Reservations are not accepted for recreational boats.

Life vests are supplied and guest UNDER 12 must wear one. Older guests have the option.

Minimum age is 12 and at least 5 feet tall for "Water Mice" rentals.

Drivers of canopy boats must be 16 years of age. Drivers of pontoon boats must be 18 years of age. Resort ID, driver's license, or passport required. A child 12 years old and above who is at least 5 feet tall may drive a water mouse alone. All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign a release. (taken from allears.net recreational info)

There will be a discount coupon in your resort paperwork (if you got the 4/3 deal) for 30 mins free boat time after one hour (I *think* that's the coupon)

Sea Racer - 2 guests maximum $32/30 minutes or $40/45 minutes OR $45/60 minutes

17' Boston Whaler Montauk - Up to 6 passengers $45 for 30 minutes

21' Sun Tracker Pontoon Boat - Up to 10 passengers $45 for 30 minutes

Sailboat 13' Catamaran $25 for 60 minutes

Thanks! Oh Good grief I can hear him now ~
I don't like trusting him with the lawn mower let alone a boat! :rotfl:

He is 12 but he is only 55" so I think I am safe :lmao:
I might have to measure him before we leave and hope he doesn't have a growth spurt!

Here are some Q&A that were answered by a DISer who works around the boats not too long ago. Goofygal covered many of the points already.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31014629&postcount=36

Thanks for the link! :)

I don't drive the boats. My DH takes DS5 while I resort shop with DS2 who's usually napping. I call it Mommy Time :cloud9:

Apparently, there is FINE PRINT that I was not aware about. This is from the link above:

In order to drive a Sea Raycer you must be 12 years old AND five feet tall. The CMs are very strict with this requirement. At the PY, GF, CT, WL, and FW resorts they must ride with someone who is over 16 with a valid Driver's License. You must be over 16 with a valid DL to drive alone at these resorts. At all other resorts the requirement is simply 12 years old and five feet tall to drive alone or with a passenger.

I'm guessing this is due to the busy lake traffic. :confused: I now feel safer on the lake :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter