The Alaska Wonder-Land Adventure Cruise -August 4, 2014 -ROLL CALL!!

Hi disneymag! :wave2: I wish you a warm :welcome: to the DISboards! I will be happy to give you the background on the Dispeeps and my 2 cents on the Disboards. There were 19 of the "Dispeeps" on the February 16 sailing of the Fantasy. The current count for this Alaska sailing is 39 of us! :dance3: Most of the Dispeeps group "met" here on the Disboards' DVC member cruise threads in 2010 & 2011. We were a very chatty group and talked about anything, everything, and nothing in particular, not just cruise related stuff. After a year of chatting on the DISboards before the cruise (13 threads :rolleyes1) we wound up becoming friends here, on the ship and in real life too. Now most of us try to cruise together or meet up at Disney World. The Dispeeps are not a cliquy, closed group or anything. Our motto is the more the merrier!

Like you, we all share an enjoyment of Disney. We like to have fun and make the most out of our cruise experience. I've run a couple of Pink Champagne Girl events, Pajama Party, Muppet Detective agency drinking game, Debbie and I have both run Fish Extender groups etc. I think Milford is toying with hosting a "wear your kilt" whiskey tasting meet for this cruise. I am planning on something brand new for this cruise :scratchin I will announce what I have planned once I get confirmation from DCL that we can do it :jumping1:

My 2 cents on the the DISboards is :disrocks: Like anything else in life it is what you make of it. Getting to know and become friends with people on the cruise has really added to and made my cruise experiences THAT much more enjoyable. Winding up becoming friends in real life with some of these same people is priceless. So my advice is jump in with both feet and have fun!

What Terrie said, yep, exactly, yep.. alway there,,yep

Hi everyone! I'm about to book this cruise...since our schedule is entirely open next summer and we were thinking either a late July or early August cruise, I came here to see if there might be one cruise with an active DIS thread already...looks like I found it!!:banana:

I understand there are 39 people here already...we are 3 more, DH and myself, and our DD who will be 12 when we sail. Any other kids around her age? (She's 10 right now, will be 11 in May...)

Welcome......

I am so happy this is an active thread. My first two successfull cruises were. The one' s I had to bail on due to lack of finds, were slow as thick pudding.

:cool1: yep thats me, and me :love: me peeps...

We :love: you too Shawn!

Good morning Peeps! Happy Hump Day...:cool1:
Happy Thursday PEEPS!:banana:
Who hoo! Tomorrow is the best day of the work week! :)

Oh look! A countdown to Friday!

Yep Yep is right! WOO HOO Friday!

Good Morning all! It's another day closer to our Alaskan Journey! This will truly be a check off of the bucket list. So excited!!!

We are too Junior!!! It's one of our bucket list items as well!

I am so happy this is an active thread. My first two successfull cruises were. The one' s I had to bail on due to lack of finds, were slow as thick pudding.

I find having an active thread always makes the cruise more fun and the time go by just a bit faster :thumbsup2

It's a good sign! :thumbsup2

It certainly is!

I find having an active thread always makes the cruise more fun and the time go by just a bit faster :thumbsup2

So do I. and you get to know a lot of good people too :)

I was playing around with some old icon files I collected and put this together

aug4lg.jpg

Shane and Bob are not on the roll call, they are going, right?? Bringing mom to?

Yes they are booked for this cruise :).
I feel like I have missed soooo much!!!
All caught up now. I have missed Terrie's
Countdowns so happy to see them again,
Makes it feel real!! Is there a Facebook page
I have not seen a link? We are very excited
It will be me
(Jennifer) my DH (Scott) and our DD (13)
Love the Logo Terrie and the name!!

Ok in less than 4 months, we can say we have a year to go,,, in 5 months we can say we have less than a year, :beach: just saying :rotfl:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter