The Alaska Wonder-Land Adventure Cruise -August 4, 2014 -ROLL CALL!!

Ok, the list is on the first post. I just used Disboard names....do you guys think that's ok, or should I use first names?

I think DIS names work fine. J and I are in 6136. I think J is Mortimer The Great? I think Milford and Shawn changed staterooms. IIRC, we have adjoining rooms. If Jenn is in 6134, that must mean Milford and Shawn are in 6138? Unless Jenn switched staterooms too? LOL

OK....SCRATCH THAT! I GUESS I AM CRAZY AFTER ALL! OUR NEPHEWS WILL NOT BE WITH US ON THIS CRUISE! I WAS THINKING OF OUR SEPTEMBER 2013 CRUISE.....I THINK I NEED A VACATION FROM VACATION PLANNING. LOL!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!

NO NEPHEWS!!!! WRONG CRUISE!!!! Doofinshmurtz!

I don't want our own kids there, let alone 3 more!!!
pulling-hair.gif

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think your kids are awesome! But, honestly, Jason and I had such a great and relaxing time without our own kids in February. I highly recommend it!

:thumbsup2 Nice job, Junior!

You, Junior and 5 kiddos? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

J and I have talked about taking our nephews to Disney. But, we decided, if we do it, it's going to be to Disneyland. That way if things start going horribly wrong, we just toss them in the car and start the drive north. LOL I think I'd be terrified to have them with us on a cruise. No way to jump ship if things start going pear shaped. :rotfl:

That's what Signals, Cadillac Lounge, Cove Cafe, Wave Bands (at night) and Outlook Cafe are for ... so the adults don't have to jump overboard to escape :lmao:

images

Hi there....
Excited about the Alaska cruise!
How is everybody? :wave2:

Somehow this totally slipped by me or I blocked it from my mind.
Nice pic Jennifer!:thumbsup2
Until you quoted it! Thanks Junior :eek:

Ok, the list is on the first post. I just used Disboard names....do you guys think that's ok, or should I use first names?

I'm good either way

I wonder if any of those feathers are still floating around the ship. :rotfl2: We still saw them here and there the next day!

I wonder if frozen feather will float around as easily in Alaska :scratchin

I think you made a wise choice by choosing this cruise....there are a bunch of great people cruising on this Alaskan voyage! We've made some of the best friends ever through the Disboards and DVC....and they're all sailing with us!

I totally agree ::yes::

OK....SCRATCH THAT! I GUESS I AM CRAZY AFTER ALL! OUR NEPHEWS WILL NOT BE WITH US ON THIS CRUISE! I WAS THINKING OF OUR SEPTEMBER 2013 CRUISE.....I THINK I NEED A VACATION FROM VACATION PLANNING. LOL!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!

Whew for a second there I thought I'd have to plan a few extra drinking games for "stress relief." :rotfl:

I can't wait to sail with the best Peeps in the North Pacific!!:woohoo:

:dance3:party::jumping1:

Junior does this mean you are starting a "posting on this thread" contest?

I'm finishing my excellent meal of leftover Mashed Potatoes and corn with some leftover cheese pizza! Yum! Then it's Zombie Time!!

Can't believe they killed off Andrea. Not watching Game of Thrones 'til tomorrow Junior so no spoilers please :flower3:

That's what Signals, Cadillac Lounge, Cove Cafe, Wave Bands (at night) and Outlook Cafe are for ... so the adults don't have to jump overboard to escape :lmao:

If only they stayed out of the Cove after midnight too. ;)

I'd be stressed about getting texts to pick up the kids if I were cruising with littles. But, that speaks more to where I am in my life than anything else. :thumbsup2

Whew for a second there I thought I'd have to plan a few extra drinking games for "stress relief." :rotfl:

No need to scrap a good plan. :idea:
Can't believe they killed off ...

Ack! I'm only on like episode 5 of this season. :scared:

And I haven't seen this latest Doctor Who or Game of Thrones yet either. :rolleyes1

If only they stayed out of the Cove after midnight too. ;)

I'd be stressed about getting texts to pick up the kids if I were cruising with littles. But, that speaks more to where I am in my life than anything else. :thumbsup2

No need to scrap a good plan. :idea:

Ack! I'm only on like episode 5 of this season. :scared:

And I haven't seen this latest Doctor Who or Game of Thrones yet either. :rolleyes1

:lmao: If only they did!

I will keep that in mind :rolleyes1

Oops my bad

wonderalaska_zpse7832a23.jpg

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! WE SET SAIL IN 70 WEEKS! THAT IS 490 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:
mickeyalaska_zps4d671a9b.jpg

We were on the Fantasy last week and booked this cruise while onboard. It will be 13 of us so far. We are all so excited to see Alaska as we hear how beautiful it is. But it will be a different kind of vacation for all of us since we always go to the beach!

Can't wait.

Beach..... Iceburg..... really is there a difference...

:smokin:

Woot woot!!! We are on!!! So excited. My daughters will be 6 and 2 when we sail. This will be my oldest daughter's third Disney Cruise. We took her for the first time when she was 16 months old and it was great......minus the old school muster drill. We are happy to be sailing with our DISPEEPS again!!!!

o o oh I am going to have so much fun... those kids won't know what hit them.... :dance3:pop it lock it poka dot it...

The planning has begun!!!

I'm still getting over how much I worked last year. Actually it's taken a couple of months to wind down, and with all the people sick at work, patients and staff, I think I'm finally feeling better. :goodvibes

I've been to Vancouver before, and it's so lovely and beautiful there. We might take a short trip to Anchorage to visit some relatives before the cruise. I have an aunt from Cuba living in Alaska. (She's married to my uncle who is from the Philippines.) I still try to wrap my brain around that, being that she is from the Caribbean, but she tells me there are actually quite a few people from the tropics who live there. She misses the Caribbean food, and so would I!!!

Vancouver:

Robson Street is great for shopping and eating.

http://www.robsonstreet.ca/

This looks like fun, high suspension bridge:
http://www.capbridge.com/
CapBridge-2.jpg

We might stay here:

http://www.panpacificvancouver.com/#

vancouver_home_760x600.jpg

It's just that we did so much running around in December/January, I want to take it slow this time. :)

Ok so not going to do the bridge, really, who comes up with these idea's, tiny weak bridge over water hundreds of feet in air?? who, just who?... the hotel looks lovely, great idea...

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter