The actual restart date will be....(according to us)...Poll!

We are really cruising in __________now!

• November 2020

• December 2020

• January 2021

• February 2021

• March 2021

• April 2021

• May 2021

• Summer 2021 June-Aug

• Fall 2021 Sept-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
The winners will get the most lame printable sticker I can create, sent into their PM Box. What you choose to do with my worthless art is your choice. Please do not attack an individuals reasons for a start date, we all like our coffee a different way.527009

Last edited:
The winners will get the most lame printable sticker I can create, sent into their PM Box. What you choose to do with my worthless art is your choice. Please do not attack an individuals reasons for a start date, we all like our coffee a different way.
I voted for March. I just don't see the CDC greenlighting cruising out of American ports until spring at the earliest.

That said, I once had a March cruise booked & have since changed it to December '21, as I wouldn't count on a March cruise.

I voted for March. I just don't see the CDC greenlighting cruising out of American ports until spring at the earliest.
That said, I once had a March cruise booked & have since changed it to December '21, as I wouldn't count on a March cruise.
Yeah, I must admit CDC has a tight grip on cruising but since Disney has spoken to a few places about a possible return I just don't know if something is in the wind now. I think CDC is entertaining ideas, just not sure what they will agree to for the future.
I’m saying January, let’s start 2021 off right! :thumbsup2
I'm on a Jan Dream for the first time so I hope so.
I'm saying April. That's as hopeful as I can be. I would be surprised if it's any sooner, and I would be shocked if it goes on throughout 2021.
I'm going to push those boats out to sea myself if we have to wait to 2022!

I voted April. I will be shocked if this shutdown continues into all of 2021. I think they will restart in April as it buys time for vaccine distribution. I would be surprised if they don't require proof of vaccination, since that is likely the best way to mitigate risk of COVID when cruising. But, that is a whole nother discussion.

But I think April 2021 cruising will be up and running. With maybe a lot of new policies, but if there are most would likely be eased by late fall/winter 2021. At least I hope, since I have a late December 2021 cruise

IF there is a vaccine available for distribution in say, January of 2021, then I would give DCL another 2 months to get the crews back and bring the ships back online, so March 2021. I expect proof of either antibodies or proof of vaccination will be a requirement, and I expect the first cruise to go out will be PC loops to the Bahamas and back on the Dream, since guests can be spaced out more on a bigger ship, and it may be even longer until other countries allow cruise ships with US citizens onboard to dock.

I voted fall 2021 to Sept. 2020 based entirely on the latest computer models showing the infection rate projected in January 2021 to be double what August was, and August had a record number of infections nationally.

Last edited:
I voted for January. I have a December cruise booked, but my luck it will be in the last batch of canceled cruises before they start up.

My gut says April 2021. I think they will go before a vaccine.
Agreed. I don't see a link between the two, either. I'm not one of those who foresees a safe & effective vaccine as being right around the corner.

I think a full year of cruising being banned will be about all the CDC will be able to justify, and the political & social pressure for them to allow cruising to resume will prevail by spring.

Last edited:
Agreed. I don't see a link between the two, either. I'm not one of those who foresees a safe & effective vaccine as being just right around the corner.

I think a full year of cruising being banned will be about all the CDC will be able to justify, and the political & social pressure for them to allow cruising to resume will prevail by spring.

Agree. And all pandemics do end eventually. While the virus will be here, the pandemic will not. The timing is the question along with the vaccine. April is my pick.

My gut says April 2021. I think they will go before a vaccine.

If cruising does start before a vaccine, here's my worry.

Will other counties allow US citizens into their country.

I'm sure the Sturgis motorcycle rally made the news all around the world. Crowded bars while colleges open back up, crowded beaches before summer is over. A wedding here in MN had 275 guests, not socially distancing, not wearing masks and 56 people came down with COVID-19 directly related to the wedding. There are many other stories like this every day in the news.

Too many people are not taking this seriously, not following precautions to slow it down. Why would other countries allow us to disembark?

I voted for March 2021. I hope that with so many labs in so many countries working on a vaccine; there will be a vaccine by the end of 2020. And they will be able to produce enough of it and they will come up with a method to distribute it globally for this to happen.

Will other counties allow US citizens into their country.
And will other countries allow their citizens to travel to the US? I know WDW is about 18-25% international visitors depending on exchange rates. While DCL out of PC is probably sustainable on similar ratio, you also have to account for reduced US demand.

I think DCL said 30% occupancy is their break even.

I voted December because (1) the Galveston port talks suggest a return in the not-too-distant future, and (2) I could see Disney trying to get in some winter break cruises given they are so much more profitable than january.

I have 3 cruises booked for the summer of 2021.
But I voted 2022.
As much as I want to sail asap, I just don't see it.
Even with a vaccine and DCL mandating all passengers to take it before boarding, no one has a good answer for this scenario:
- What will happen when (not if) someone gets Covid onboard? Will the ship quarantine everyone and change course in the middle of the ocean to disembark those infected?

There needs to be an effective treatment a-la Tamiflu AND a way to contain the spread without forcing the entire ship to quarantine.
I just don't see it and it just saddens me.

I voted for May 2021 but I still think that’s too optimistic but I want to have hope! I think the risk has to be next to zero for them to sail. It’s not just a passenger risk but a crew outbreak would also be disastrous.

What will happen when (not if) someone gets Covid onboard? Will the ship quarantine everyone and change course in the middle of the ocean to disembark those infected?

There needs to be an effective treatment a-la Tamiflu AND a way to contain the spread without forcing the entire ship to quarantine.
I just don't see it and it just saddens me.

One of the points of sailing reduced capacity leaves open rooms to isolate those who are suspected of being ill. Anyone suspected of being ill would be quarantined to an open room, so no different than those suspected of being ill on land. That thread about the port of Galveston’s conversations with DCL said DCL was aiming for a capacity of 70% which sounds about right since even the Diamond Princess with no protocols in place for 2 weeks had only 20% positive. So DCL with 30% of rooms open, gives a buffer.

As far as there needing to be effective treatment, that simply isn’t true. Almost all who get Covid do not require treatment. You will have some say that “almost all” is not an accurate description but it is. For example, if you had a room with 100 people in it and 96 of them got Covid, you would describe it as almost all in the room got Covid. Well that goes both ways, if you 100 Covid positive and 96+ don’t require treatment, then you would accurately say that almost all require no treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter