The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

So, yeah, I took a little day tripping with a few folks from the local photog club and we ended up in Central Oregon near the towns of Bend and Sisters. It's really a gorgeous area, especially in Winter, but especially in late Winter/early Spring when there is a lot of contrasts and colors mixed in with the snow.

Here are a few of the best outtakes from the day which included a 7 miles hike in the snow to Tumalo Falls. Enjoy!

Mt. Washington:

The Deschutes River near Tumalo Park:

The Falls still mostly frozen:

If you're interested in seeing more of my photography which included a TON of Disney you can see them here:

https://www.facebook.com/lincolnlandingphotography/
Except for those of us that don't do FB. Tried to see and it's wanting me to create an account....NOPE!

Great photos. You can keep the snow. It makes for pretty pictures, but me no likey cold.

Last edited:
Those are some amazing pics!! Also amazing that you live so close to such scenery!!

Thanks!! Mine too. I think I like the Nomad a bit more, and I'm sure there are others I haven't been to that could end up as new favorites.

I think the problem with lounges is there is never enough time on Disney trips to just sit in them and chill!! If we all had unlimited time at Disney...well...maybe the lounges wouldn't be so underrated lol

She went on to explain that it’s by the SHAPE of the bottle that you can tell it’s a Bordeaux wine!! Who knew?!
Well, that's something I didn't know either. I must confess I am not a wine drinker. I have a bit in the past, but always found the "morning after" to be especially harsh. A friend once told me it was because of the "tanins" in the wine. I have no idea if that's true or not, but all I know is red wine does not treat me well, so I generally stay away.
White or blush seem to be fine.

went extra for a few minutes. (When you get to hang out with your 16 year old, you get to learn a lot about the most (semi)recent slang. "Extra"... I like it.
I've picked up on a few expressions form the girls, but that's a new one. I will have to see if I can work it in to a conversation at home. I always get a couple strange looks when dear old dad tries to be relevant.

Every time I see the Eiffel Tower here now, I have to wonder where the Disney Imagineers who worked on the Soarin' update got their degrees.
I heard the stories, but after seeing it in person, I really wonder what the Imagineers were thinking. If it was going to look that bad, why not choose another landmark.

I was on my game for letter G; I gathered my gear and got 'er done at Mousegears. Loads of them to choose from, but this one was easy because I could do it without actually going into the insanity that it is.
I have a confession - I actually like Mousegears. yes it's crowded in there, but I actually don't mind a bit of Disney shopping. I've mentioned before how I dislike shopping - and I do at the women's clothing focused outlet stores - but when it's Disney merchandise, I don't mind so much. For some reason, I've found that Mousegears usually has a few extra things I had never noticed at any other shops on property.

Which makes this a double-double.
It sounds like you are going to the Tim Horton's drive through. :p

but they were strong enough to make me want to be lazy in the shade for a while. Not always a bad thing in my humble opinion.
Nor in mine.
I didn't get a Dole Whip with rum this past trip, but I have before.

I've never mooned anyone, except those times I went skinny dipping as a kid in SoCal at my friend's apartment pool. (Do you think I could still run for president?) So, question: Have you ever mooned someone? Have you ever BEEN mooned?
To keep my pristine reputation intact, I shall neither confirm nor deny being the mooner or moonee in the past :laughing:

Here are a few of the best outtakes from the day which included a 7 miles hike in the snow to Tumalo Falls. Enjoy!
Wonderful pictures. I imagine the 7 mile hike was not particularly easy, but certainly worth it for the view.

If you're interested in seeing more of my photography which included a TON of Disney you can see them here:
Seen it. Liked it. Very nice!

So, yeah, I took a little day tripping with a few folks from the local photog club and we ended up in Central Oregon near the towns of Bend and Sisters. It's really a gorgeous area, especially in Winter, but especially in late Winter/early Spring when there is a lot of contrasts and colors mixed in with the snow.

Wait a minute...
I though outtakes were the parts from a movie where someone messed up and were funny.

Or are you saying they were pictures taken outdoors?

Wouldn't that be take out as in food?
:lmao:

Now, as with all accurate Alphabetical Scavenger Hunts, let’s begin with A.

Next time start at "M" and work outwards in both directions.

A is for Absolutely Amazing Apple Strudel.

mmmmm…. strudel...

had in the Biergarten but, with a little sneaking in, this photo was taken

Wait... so you didn't eat any? Fail!
And... you snuck in?????

She went on to explain that it’s by the SHAPE of the bottle that you can tell it’s a Bordeaux wine!! Who knew?!

Huh! So... essentially there's no such thing as Bordeaux wine... it's just the bottle shape. That is... fascinating.

I thoroughly enjoyed using the 4 remaining French words I remember from High School French classes.

Hors d’oeuvre
croissant
cul de sac
Déjà vu (wait... didn't I say that already?)

Clearly, my Alphabetical Hunt did not happen in order, because there are no Corvettes near France.

See? You probably started with "M" and worked outwards in both directions.

I'm having a case of déjà vu, right now.

(Wait... nevermind)

I found a few cars that are roughly the same price as a Disney AP.

No car is that expensive.

(When you get to hang out with your 16 year old, you get to learn a lot about the most (semi)recent slang. "Extra"... I like it.

::yes:: Been hearing that one a lot lately.

It's like when you make REALLY stupid poses with acrylic fish and think how great of an idea it is until you see the photos. Then you have to ask yourself what the hell you were thinking.

Awww... cute.

Every time I see the Eiffel Tower here now, I have to wonder where the Disney Imagineers who worked on the Soarin' update got their degrees. Were they the first ones who Laurie Laughlin helped out? Did they hold their design sessions in The Ditch? Develop cataracts as the project progressed?

No idea what you're talking about.

upload_2019-3-18_18-38-47.png

I present...A Building Badly in Need of a Little Blue Pill:

:laughing:

a sweatshirt because I got carried away in La Cava

:rolleyes1

G is for: Gears

clever

Nice grab. I wonder if this will replace trying to catch the golf ball.

I've also discovered that ice cream and booze make a winning combination of such refreshment. So that's what I did. Twice.

You must've been sooo close to buying clothes.

Baking Be-Boppers, or Sons of Saute, or the Frying Fellows.

I especially like "sons of Sauté"

it was dark by the time I got to Japan (that is one heck of a long swim),

:laughing:

I always feel like the CMs in the Japan Pavilion aren't quite as proficient with English as in many of the other Pavilions.

Hmm.... maybe? I do know I've talked to one CM (at length, I mean, not just "how much?") at Japan and... Maybe?

This photo, in case there was any doubt that they were indeed kimonos.

I present to you not one but TWO LIEDERLEDERHOSEN- singing Germans with leather(ish) pants on.

:rotfl: Nice!!

So I found another one who did sang... wait for it... The Alphabet. How ironically perfect! :lmao:

At first I thought "Really? Lame!" But... yeah! Perfect!

I've never mooned anyone, except those times I went skinny dipping as a kid in SoCal at my friend's apartment pool. (Do you think I could still run for president?)

Keeping mouth firmly closed here.

So, question: Have you ever mooned someone? Have you ever BEEN mooned?

Nope and nope.
<few> on the former and <darn> on the latter.

There, now you can tell everyone at work tomorrow you were. You're welcome.

:sad2:

Nice, isn't it?

Oh, sure. Go ahead and say "I told you so."

My heart is breaking. :rolleyes:

Of course it is. She's very hard done by.

Greed at its very finest.

:sad2:

Easy to spend quite a while just looking at all the stuff on the walls.

I can believe that!

I think it was smack in the middle of HH

What's HH?? :confused3

Did you remember to change your underwear?

You assume I wear some, Mrs. Commando?

Hey! I've done that! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes1

What? Great for building immunity.

:sick:

I never got to ride that one. :(

I did... once.

A is for Absolutely Amazing Apple Strudel. Another adventure in eating can be had in the Biergarten but, with a little sneaking in, this photo was taken to make your mouths water and to satisfy Letter A.

A is for: Apple Strudel

I would have agreed with you until I made the horrible discover that they ruined this by putting dead grapes inside. :crazy2:

Not me, that's for sure! Alison probably did.

(When you get to hang out with your 16 year old, you get to learn a lot about the most (semi)recent slang. "Extra"... I like it. It's like when you make REALLY stupid poses with acrylic fish and think how great of an idea it is until you see the photos. Then you have to ask yourself what the hell you were thinking.

:rotfl2: I have learned "extra". My son goes around saying "Yeet", and I still have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

I present...A Building Badly in Need of a Little Blue Pill:

:rotfl: Hey, it's the Scoliosis Tower!

J is for Jammin' Chefs

I like the ovens. Nice touch.

Magdalene... I present to you not one but TWO LIEDERLEDERHOSEN- singing Germans with leather(ish) pants on.

:eek:

The first one choked on his song and actually only made it look like he was singing because he was way too shy to actually do it. So I found another one who did sang... wait for it... The Alphabet.

I wonder how long it took you to explain to them what you were going for.

So, question: Have you ever mooned someone? Have you ever BEEN mooned?

No. I mean, no one wants to see that.

Here are a few of the best outtakes from the day which included a 7 miles hike in the snow to Tumalo Falls.

IMG_9721-L.jpg

Gorgeous! We did a similar hike through the snow in Flume Gorge in New Hampshire several years ago. Totally worth it to see a frozen waterfall!

Another new fact! You're reports are so educational.

And because it's Disney and I have no shame, I really hammed up and went extra for a few minutes. (When you get to hang out with your 16 year old, you get to learn a lot about the most (semi)recent slang. "Extra"... I like it. It's like when you make REALLY stupid poses with acrylic fish and think how great of an idea it is until you see the photos. Then you have to ask yourself what the hell you were thinking.

I have been schooled in EXTRA from my girls. I think you look adorable.

I've also discovered that ice cream and booze make a winning combination of such refreshment.

Yes it does. I got the enhanced Dole whip in AK. YUM!

KIMONOS!!! I asked these incredibly beautiful and graceful ladies if I could take their photo for Letter 'K'. Maybe it's just me, but I always feel like the CMs in the Japan Pavilion aren't quite as proficient with English as in many of the other Pavilions. So I think the excitement and explanation of my quest was lost on them a bit. Nevertheless, they did make for a lovely photo and I was thrilled!

Have you ever asked them to dress you in the Kimono? The girls have done this.

Magdalene... I present to you not one but TWO LIEDERLEDERHOSEN- singing Germans with leather(ish) pants on. Both boys DID in fact inform me that they were not wearing authentic lederhosen as those have to be made of leather to be real. So these are DisneyReal lederhosen. ;)

Very original!

Loved this updated, it's so fun.

Never too late to join in. Well, until I finish. But I still have 6 or 7 chapters to write before I leave in May. :)

Good to know! I'll be reading along.

OH!!! That'd be so fun to say a quick hello; Anara would LOVE to talk with her about BTS or KPop in general.

Fingers crossed she gets in.

It'd have to get pretty hot for me to choose indoor over outdoor. They keep the AC close to Siberian temps. Nothing like the buses, but too chilly for me.

I find the AC helps a lot with the hot flashes.

A is for: Apple Strudel

That looks yummy, now I'm even hungrier!

Interesting. I realize different bottles are different shapes because the Syrahs and some Pinot Noirs don't fit in my regular section of my wine cabinet. They have to go on the top section.

E is for: Erect Eiffel Tower

:eek:

You're not supposed to take pictures on Soarin'

:rotfl2:

You teased me in good nature that, should I be looking for a "liederhosen", I'd be hunting for a "song pants".

Oh, come on! I want to see song pants!

This weekend was full of ups and downs. I got to go out and do some outdoor photography... photos in a bit, had my kids over, and utterly FAILED at putting a BBQ together.

Glad you had some fun, but how can you have a BBQ with all that rain and snow!

I completely forgot what we were talking about and I'm too lazy to look back.

the day which included a 7 miles hike in the snow to Tumalo Falls. Enjoy!

Beautiful pictures, but you lost me at 7 mile hike. I'll meet you guys back in town at the watering hole! I hope someone else is the designated driver! :lmao:

Not me, that's for sure! Alison probably did.

Actually I did not know that the bottle was a "Bordeaux" bottle, as I said in my reply to Liesa, I just know that some bottles don't fit into the grid on my wine cabinet, so it must have been designed for Bordeaux bottles and not the others.

:rotfl2: I have learned "extra". My son goes around saying "Yeet", and I still have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

I'm relying on all of you for these words. I don't have kids in my life, so I'm lost on all the slang!

Except for those of us that don't do FB. Tried to see and it's wanting me to create an account....NOPE!

Great photos. You can keep the snow. It makes for pretty pictures, but me no likey cold.
Luckily the day was really quite nice with temps in the mid-50s. :) Perfect for hiking all that way.

I'll keep posting the best keepers (not outtakes apparently, ;) ) here so you can see. :)

Those are some amazing pics!! Also amazing that you live so close to such scenery!!

I do live in a very pretty area... if it just weren't to rainy and gray all winter!

I think the problem with lounges is there is never enough time on Disney trips to just sit in them and chill!! If we all had unlimited time at Disney...well...maybe the lounges wouldn't be so underrated lol

I get that too! Although I'd equally choose a meal in one over a TS place which takes about the same amount of time.

Well, that's something I didn't know either. I must confess I am not a wine drinker. I have a bit in the past, but always found the "morning after" to be especially harsh. A friend once told me it was because of the "tanins" in the wine. I have no idea if that's true or not, but all I know is red wine does not treat me well, so I generally stay away.
White or blush seem to be fine.

And oddly, the last several times I drank white wine, I ended up with a headache. I really have no idea. I'd always heard that the sulfas as preservatives can cause issues, so who knows. And yes, 2 glasses is my limit or it's going to be a rough morning. I think that's actually due to dehydration.

I've picked up on a few expressions form the girls, but that's a new one. I will have to see if I can work it in to a conversation at home. I always get a couple strange looks when dear old dad tries to be relevant.

And....?

I heard the stories, but after seeing it in person, I really wonder what the Imagineers were thinking. If it was going to look that bad, why not choose another landmark.

Heh, maybe they could have CORRECTED this one:

28544-istock-157194354.jpg

I have a confession - I actually like Mousegears. yes it's crowded in there, but I actually don't mind a bit of Disney shopping. I've mentioned before how I dislike shopping - and I do at the women's clothing focused outlet stores - but when it's Disney merchandise, I don't mind so much. For some reason, I've found that Mousegears usually has a few extra things I had never noticed at any other shops on property.

I guess I have to be honest here as well. I DO enjoy shopping a bit in WS and in some places in AK because of the more unique stuff.

It sounds like you are going to the Tim Horton's drive through. :p

LOL!!! Or at In and Out Burger.

double_double.jpg

Nor in mine.
I didn't get a Dole Whip with rum this past trip, but I have before.

I'm staying at the Poly in September; must make sure I take advantage. :)
:goodvibes
To keep my pristine reputation intact, I shall neither confirm nor deny being the mooner or moonee in the past :laughing:

:rotfl:

Wonderful pictures. I imagine the 7 mile hike was not particularly easy, but certainly worth it for the view.

It was worth it. Barely.

Seen it. Liked it. Very nice!
:confused3

Wait a minute...
I though outtakes were the parts from a movie where someone messed up and were funny.

Or are you saying they were pictures taken outdoors?

Wouldn't that be take out as in food?

Hmm, let's see...

Yes, they WERE taken outdoors AND we did get a bit of take out. Pastries from the Sisters Bakery to be exact. Mmm! Almond Bear Claw FTW!!!!

Next time start at "M" and work outwards in both directions.

Hmm, ideas...

Wait... so you didn't eat any? Fail!
And... you snuck in?????

I think they'd frown you on eating some without an ADR? Hey, I have to be thorough Trip Reporting, don't I? I go to great lengths to make this TR as boring as possible!

Huh! So... essentially there's no such thing as Bordeaux wine... it's just the bottle shape. That is... fascinating.

It's a mix and a region, so technically no, since wine is named after the grape typically.

Hors d’oeuvre
croissant
cul de sac
Déjà vu (wait... didn't I say that already?)

Sacré bleu! (Yes, I actually knew that one without looking it up. )

See? You probably started with "M" and worked outwards in both directions.

I'm having a case of déjà vu, right now.

(Wait... nevermind)

LOL!!

No car is that expensive.

NASA's entire fleet isn't that expensive.

Awww... cute.

No, dork.

No idea what you're talking about.

upload_2019-3-18_18-38-47-png.389081

Nice grab. I wonder if this will replace trying to catch the golf ball.

Maybe. I will try harder next time. ;) (Even though I'm not supposed to.)

You must've been sooo close to buying clothes.

Close... sooooooooooo close. ;)

I especially like "sons of Sauté"

:cool2:

This photo, in case there was any doubt that they were indeed kimonos.

Yes. Always a thorough Trip Reporter.

I thought it was a cool sign.

At first I thought "Really? Lame!" But... yeah! Perfect!

Funnier that I don't think he meant it to be ironic. It was just an easy song to sing when put on the spot.

Keeping mouth firmly closed here.

Well, you wouldn't want to get any water in your mouth when skinny dipping, now. Would you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!