The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Liesa visits Aloha Isle...

Liesa%20visits%20Aloha%20Isle2_zpsy2yzqwmq.jpg

If only!

I really need one these; it'd come in so handy!!

I get that. I've always thought flying east was so much harder than flying west.

I wish I could understand why, but it's totally true.

Me too! It looks a lot better than it used to. Much less of a hodge-podge.

Yes, I agree. They made it a cohesive whole which I really appreciate aethetics-wise.

It looks amazing in there. Love the decorations.

I know!! Soooon... not sure when, but sooooon!!

This appeals to me, too. Anything themed for a "secret hideaway" will catch my attention.

There is a place in Anaheim I'm dying to go to someday called the Blind Rabbit.

http://www.theblindrabbit.com/

I don't think that downpour is regularly scheduled anymore.

Well, apparently not when you're there, anyway.

That's going to fly by!

I sure hope so!!

It's already March!!

There will be four of us, so I suspect that we will be sharing a good deal of the dishes so as to try more.

That's the BEST way to dine with a group! That way more tastes!

OK, one more update down. This particular time it was very annoying for me. Not your fault, but as I mentioned in my previous reply I was delaying the whole dragging my butt out of bed, so I was replying on my phone. And pretty soon, my chrome browser would get hijacked by a Free Walmart Gift card ad. I closed it, opened another and boom! It happened again, I did a whole bunch of stuff that didn't work. So I figured if I just left it there and opened another browser it would leave me alone. Then my browser got hijacked by a YouTube ad. So I gave up and got on with my day, getting dressed, feeding the cats, coffee...

UGH! How annoying! Wanna borrow the Annoyance O'Meter?

How annoying that rope drop was not indeed rope drop. I'm not even going to try for FoP, we have a set of FP+ for one of our days, so I'll just be happy with that.

It was super annoying (If you borrow the A O'Meter I'll need it back.)!

I won't RD it in May, but will for sure in Sept with the kids.

One thing that we do not have is plans for lunch on the afternoon that we will be spending at Animal Kingdom! Our first FP+ that day is at 1:20PM, so it might be perfect to grab some Mac n Cheese on the way in and then perhaps before or after our Safari hit up one of those giant Cinnamon rolls. Our dinner that night is at the Boathouse, so I think those little morsels would nicely tide us over until our massive dinner!

That sounds like perfect timing. A light lunch with dessert before your rich dinner. Someday I'll get to the Boathouse. :)

I'll have to come back for your B update. Fran wants me to get some work done. The nerve!

Work?! But why?!

:laughing:

there are so many places to try at DS! It has really changed, and not very budget friendly, but better offerings.
I'm sorry for your stress. Hope things smooth out soon. I just started your PTR and I saw that you have a grandson on the way! Congratulations! Another trip to Guam in your future?
I know!! I really love what they've done with it. I agree it doesn't do my budget any favors, but I VERY rarely buy anything, but love to eat there and browse a little but mostly listen to the music.

Yes, another little one is due the day after my birthday. :)

I never made it to Guam, and Andrew is coming home right around the time the baby is due. I wish I'd gotten there, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I agree that DTD is a great way to start the trip. We have always done that as well except for on our "first" trip in 2007 when we stayed at WL and hot MK instead.

By now, it's a sort of nostalgic tradition for me. I have others, but that was one of my first memories of the Florida parks. We ate at EoS and the kids spend literally hours in the Lego Store.

Just wanted to let you know I am still reading :) We had internet problems and it just started working regularly yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Hey There! :) It certainly has been quite a while and you've been missed. I'm so glad your internet working again and sure hope you'll hang out with us a bit more now! :)

Drop a comment as you read; a bit of chatter always makes the place more fun!

I love love love starting the trip at Disney Springs (although, the last time I was there in 2014 it was still Downtown Disney)!

A lot has changed since you've been and I think you'll like what you see. :) Loads of new shops, and a TON of awesome new places for a quiet or unique cocktail. And some great live acts at night.

First if all, my apologies for not responding sooner or more. I keep thinking I need to reply when I get to my computer since multiquoting on phone is so difficult and then I find another and another day has passed without getting to my computer.

I know how hard it is to quote on the phone so don't blame you for waiting until you got behind a real screen.

Great pictures of Pandora. It's just so pretty and so many good places for pictures. I haven't done much with my good camera lately because I was doing rides, but I think I'll be doing a camera day only soon.

Thanks! It is such a picturesque place to enjoy and capture on pixels. :) Feel free to post photos you take here!!

Also great pictures of pretty lady. Who knew that selfies could look that good and as if someone else took them. :laughing:

Awww, shucks. :)

I use the term "selfies" with author's license. I took photos for several others and in return asked for one taken of me. I'm not one to be shy in that regard.

The gorilla...wow...security blanket? Who woulda thunk it?

I found that amusing as well. Made for fun photos, but I also have to give pause to think at why it needs one.

The picture of the bird's nest is cool.

Thanks!

The cinnamon roll is good.
I like each (there and Gastons) for different reasons.

Gastons is softer and doughier). I was taken aback a bit though by caramel or maple flavoring. While I like both caramel and maple, when I was expecting cinnamon, it was a slight shock

I like the flavor (or flavour for @pkondz, @Terra Nova guy and @MeghanEmily) of the one at Kusafari better.

Nice reflections on the qualities of the offerings. A little expository tasting is certainly in order to confirm these findings.

Not a boba ball fan, but that drink with the tartness is good.

You can always ask for them to be left off.

I agree with that, but I also think that even going to DTD is too much work. A lot of times I just have something easy to whip up delivered to my room and fran naps while it bakes in the oven, but lately we have just gone to a close resort restaurant and had a quick bite to eat. Which will be the case 12 days from now! :banana:

That's certainly easier, but I want a bit of the "excitement" to kickstart (as you say) the hoopla.

12 days?! And now even fewer!! I will get to your thread soon (this weekend) and check to see if you've started packing.

I can understand this. I'm going to kickstart my Disney groove by staying at the VGC this weekend with my besties!

YAY!!!! Super excited for you all!

Fran loves that store!

There's always such nice pieces in there to drool over.

I don't think I could use those. Just walking into that store with Jill, got me all fragranced out. I'll just stick with my Village Naturals bath salts.

Actually, I bought a few this trip and the scent was anything but overpowering. If anything, they could have used a bit more "oomph". I think I'll try some lotion or soap this time around. Remember, in many trips past I've done a "Scent of the Trip", and am already thinking of which it might be this time.

I might have to do that after one of dinners there, OK well not Boathouse cuase i love their Whiskey Soaked Corn Cake. So Morimoto.

Well that's certainly an intriguing (and delicious!) sounding dessert! This I must try!

I've heard really good reviews of the food there.

I have as well.... there are still several places I want to try. But this one is for the Sept trip with the kids. :)

That explains a lot! :laughing:

Finally at a real computer for a change.

ummm...you poop at parties after a week of Disney eating?

No party at my house after your May trip...just sayin'.

NO!!!! Jennifer does.

I am very well behaved at parties and only occasionally spill drinks on my friends. :snooty:

Making me not want to invite you to my house for a party.

Oh dear...

Hmm, I can bring popcorn?

Cinnamon rolls?

That makes perfect sense. My problem is there were only about 4 places at DTD I'm interested in. They closed DisneyQuest. Cirque du soleil is closed (although I've heard they're going to open it back up). Lego store is too expensive. Raglan road doesn't tend to let you hang around long if you're not buying anything. I don't like shopping, so not much in DTD that would hold my attention long, but I completely get not wanting to waste a ticket for just a few hours.

I never did Disney Quest so can't comment on that part. I LOVED the Cirque and it coming back is great news! I hope it's true!!

I allowed my kids to do one of the fill up the boxes thing at the Lego Store and they always seemed happy with that $20 souvenir. Considering that they almost exclusively played with their Legos I was happy to oblige them.

Yeah restaurants want to turn a profit, but I know they also have Irish live music outside as well so you could sit out on a nearby bench and listen from there?

Good..sauntering, not that inferior sashaying stuff. ;)

Okay, maybe just added another to my "okay, at least there's SOMETHING to do at DTD besides overpriced shopping". Oh wait, it's on Disney property and it's a store, so scratch that last part.

I hardly EVER buy anything as I look around. I'm mostly there for seeing novel things or simply just soaking up the background music and "vibe". I'm just as turned off at the prices as you are, but it is still nice to browse and enjoy. For me... I guess it's almost kinda like a museum?

Smelly good? Hmmm.

LOL!

Halloween bombs? They look like mini cauldrons, but what's in them? Black powder? TNT? C4? We know exploding helicopters makes everything better, so exploding cauldrons would work.

giphy.gif

That first picture, I immediately thought of the song by the crab in Moana.

Raspberry and chocolate. Chocolate is easy enough. The raspberry --- the ones on the far right?

Yes, those are the ones!

I"ve never seen Moana!

Never heard of them before and while they're talented, not sure I'd stop long...but then again, when I'm in DTD, I'm usually trying to go somewhere and then leave vs. just sauntering around.

Slow down and enjoy the sights! Lots to see there...

Your new mantra... repeat after me:

"Sauntering is a good thing."

Which one is the statue? :lmao:

pixiedust:

What exactly did the sack (or the wall) do to you to warrant this behavior? Hit the wall, hit the sack...quite a violent night.

Making sure they know who's boss.

Mmm, yes! Chris had this last year I believe and ate the whole thing lol. I was allowed to try it though :)

How generous!!

LOL!!

That thing was as big as my head!

:rotfl2:that is hysterical!

I wonder if I'll ever see him again like that.

How were they? I've had a couple desserts from there and while they were certainly not BAD, they were......not as good as they looked.

Correct. Tasty and beautiful, but many of the same priced desserts at the restaurants are much better. Still... I'd get another if the opportunity presented itself. :)

Awesome! Steve and I ate there in January; you're right, the theme is spectacular.

How was the food!?!

I have yet to find the living statues down there and I'd love to because the ones in Epcot during the Arts festival were so cool.

I remember the ones from the Italy Pavilion back in the day. Loved them too! I've only seen these at Halloween time, so look then!

That's the BEST way to dine with a group! That way more tastes!

Yesterday as we were splitting F&W items with Jill I realized that my Dad may not be as up for sharing as the rest of us, it should be interesting.

UGH! How annoying! Wanna borrow the Annoyance O'Meter?

Nah, I'm good. Now that everything is rented I'm much more chill. Stuff doesn't bother me as bad.

It was super annoying (If you borrow the A O'Meter I'll need it back.)!

Like I said I'm pretty chill for now.

That sounds like perfect timing. A light lunch with dessert before your rich dinner. Someday I'll get to the Boathouse. :)

We have a lot of rich and tasty meals planned.

Work?! But why?!

I know! Really? :confused3

That's certainly easier, but I want a bit of the "excitement" to kickstart (as you say) the hoopla.

That's my jacuzzi tub for me.

12 days?! And now even fewer!! I will get to your thread soon (this weekend) and check to see if you've started packing.

Now 11! Nope, haven't even made my lists!

YAY!!!! Super excited for you all!

:banana:

There's always such nice pieces in there to drool over.

And sometimes they end up in my house!

Actually, I bought a few this trip and the scent was anything but overpowering. If anything, they could have used a bit more "oomph". I think I'll try some lotion or soap this time around. Remember, in many trips past I've done a "Scent of the Trip", and am already thinking of which it might be this time.

I can't do scents, I have to use unscented detergent and such.

Well that's certainly an intriguing (and delicious!) sounding dessert! This I must try!

It is! I've had it twice now and both times it was great!

I have as well.... there are still several places I want to try. But this one is for the Sept trip with the kids. :)

I may consider this for our January trip.

I know!! I really love what they've done with it. I agree it doesn't do my budget any favors, but I VERY rarely buy anything, but love to eat there and browse a little but mostly listen to the music.

Yes, another little one is due the day after my birthday. :)

I never made it to Guam, and Andrew is coming home right around the time the baby is due. I wish I'd gotten there, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Oh well, I guess you have alot of interesting places to visit, but maybe some day!

Yesterday as we were splitting F&W items with Jill I realized that my Dad may not be as up for sharing as the rest of us, it should be interesting.

Bummer, but I know some people really aren't into sharing food. Just means you'll have to go back and try it later.

Nah, I'm good. Now that everything is rented I'm much more chill. Stuff doesn't bother me as bad.

I'm sooooooooo happy for you two!

We have a lot of rich and tasty meals planned.

Nom, nom, nom....

I know! Really? :confused3

That's my jacuzzi tub for me.

OH I get that too!! Might have to hot tub some at CSR after DTD.

Now 11! Nope, haven't even made my lists!

You'll get there. :thumbsup2

And sometimes they end up in my house!

Lucky you!!

I can't do scents, I have to use unscented detergent and such.

I know they bother a LOT of people with headaches and such.

It is! I've had it twice now and both times it was great!

Putting it on a To-Try List.

C is for: Crusty Loaves, Colorful Caprese, and Completely Surprised
Still in DTD but on a different night altogether, making this my 3rd! trip there on this trip, I had an unexpected but completely delightful, delicious meal.

Originally, I had an ADR for Tiffins, but sadly... I'd just hit the wall. There was very little oomph left in me and my tootsies were tired. Since this was my last night, I decided to head back to POFQ and do my packing and lay down a little maybe. Time would tell.

Sauntering mode was long over; I was reduced to a slow slog. The Disney Departure Blues had hit hard, and I hung my head a bit as I boarded the bus "home". I was sad.

I entered my room to find one last towel animal, but don't have a photo of it. Why, you ask?

Because Mt. Vesuvius had opened up again and I was busy leaving Mousekeeping a bloody surprise. It was Halloween, after all. I slowly got all packed except for my ditty bag (does anyone else call their toiletries bag this?). I took down all my cute little window decorations, pilfered all the soaps and lotions, then laid down for a few minutes. Pretty sure I took a rinse off as well. Blood, sweat <no Oxford comma> and tears and all that....

And then... all of that stomach stretching I'd been practicing all week began to talk to me.

"Hey Steppe, you've spent a lot of money making sure your thighs are never going to be the same. Why stop now?"

"Hey Stomach. Shut up. I don't have an ADR. Besides it's Italian you want and that's gonna be hard to find."

<or is it?>

The MDE POC app was fired up and I started to look at menus for DTD. I wanted another soothing boat ride and one last dose of Disney. I tried Maria and Enzo's but no ressies until way too late. Enzo's Hideaway was too noisy; I needed a quiet place to cry in my spaghetti. HEY!! What's this? Terralina? I'd never even heard of it or at least it certainly wasn't on my radar at that point. Boom! 7:00 is was!

I arrived a little before sunset and told them I was there. They told me it'd be a bit since I got my ADR so late in the game. That was fine, I wasn't in any hurry to be done. I took the time to snap some photos on my cell phone and then took a seat in the very comfortable waiting area.

The fire was nice and the chairs quite comfy.

There are 2 patios for eating and I requested to be seated on the one that is against the water. The evening had cooled down and it was beautifully pleasant outside. I did end up having to wait almost 40 minutes for a table, but it was worth the wait! I was right where I could watch the amphicars come and go while I ate.

I think there was a mix up when I was seated because it took a long time for me to get my bread and water.
The server seemed genuinely surprised and flustered when she noticed I was there. I may or may not have gotten seated under the wrong name as well. Seriously. I'm not sure. I thought I heard my name, but it was unclear. I stood up anyway.

Anyway, after a bit, she took my order of:

Caprese - vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, olive oil, balsamico $12

Spaghetti Bolognese - tomato, beef, pork, pancetta meat sauce, shaved parmesan $24

and let me enjoy my bread, which came with bruschetta, and my iced tea. I'm usually pretty careful to not load up on bread saving room for the main stuff. But I can say it was absolutely delicious. Warm, crusty and mmm!!

The salad was equally amazing. There were probably 5 different kinds of heirloom tomatoes, both cherry and slicing varieties with fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. I wished it had had a bit more basil, but for the most part it was all very, very good.

I was REALLY hungry by then being so late so I made a HUGE dent in the ample bowl of pasta. If someone had been with me, they may have left with a fork sticking out of their hand. I can say that for 2 light eaters it was enough to share. Especially, if you're hitting up Amorette's or Ghiradelli afterwards. Which makes me sound like a real pig, doesn't it?

It was pretty late by the time I finished up but I was thrilled I'd found a place that I really love now. I don't think I'd go there every trip simply because DTD has so many good places to offer, but I was quite impressed with my discovery and would totally recommend it to anyone for a good plate of Italian comfort food in a casual, relaxing space.

It was pretty late by the time I finished up but I was thrilled I'd found a place that I really love now. I don't think I'd go there every trip simply because DTD has so many good places to offer, but I was quite impressed with my discovery and would totally recommend it to anyone for a good plate of Italian comfort food in a casual, relaxing space.

My sister only had good things to say about this place too, so it is definitely on my list...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!