The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

This last AK group, however, IS worth taking a seat for… I had NO idea who they were at the time, so did some research. It is called the Swotu Waya (with 2 of those funky dots over the last a) Na’vi Drum Ceremony.
Interesting. Sounds like something I'll have to try seeing. (ahem...this is what writers refer to as foreshadowing....keep reading :))

Okay, so their jokes are of the Dad Joke variety, but we can overlook that, right?
Aren't they the best kind of jokes?

1. Were you in choir or band in school? If so, what did you play? Totally okay if you weren’t! What did you do for electives instead, if not? Sports? Drama? Snacks and a nap at home?

2. Without Googling and on the honor system, how many places can you find something to eat on Main Street (WDW)? Can you name them? (Because food is as good as music. And food WITH music is best of all!)

3. How many music groups have you stopped to watch for more than 5 minutes in Disney World (name them for a bonus point)? And which one is your favorite? (2 points)
1. Well, yes, I was technically in a school choir in grade 4 through 6. But that's it for my musical career. My extra curricular time was spent in Scouts (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts), in fact I was in it from age 5 right through high school. And while not being terribly popular with most boys, I really enjoyed it. I loved getting outdoors, hiking and camping. It's what my friends and I did most weekends in high school when others were at parties. It may not have been as exciting, but it also kept me out of trouble and I enjoyed it!
2. I'm saying 8. Tony's, Confectionary, Bakery (not calling it Starbucks), Ice Cream Parlor, The Plaza, Casey's, maybe Crystal Palace if that's considered Main Street, and I know there's at least a popcorn cart down by City Hall. No doubt there are other carts, just not sure how many or where.
3. I have to say it's not my top priority. I usually stop to listen for a few minutes if I came by a group. I've seen Dapper Dans, The piano guy, the guys with the garbage cans at Epcot (Jammitors?), Mo Rockin, Tam Tam Congo (I know their name from your report!), and I guess they are the group I've enjoyed the most.

So, about that foreshadowing. I'm happy to report that after a very long 4 year break (for many reasons) my family will be staying at All Star Music from August 17-27, 2018.
I was never sure if this trip would ever happen, and it will be a little different than my other trips. I've never been to either of the All Stars. I have nothing against them, and they seem nice enough. But we settled into being a "moderate" family. The deluxe resorts look beautiful and I'm sure they are. But without being DVC, they are a bit hard on my wallet. The moderates gave us two sinks, queen beds, which for a family of four (three ladies), it was nice. Looking at another trip, I knew I had to take a different financial approach. I'm not where I was four years ago. This trip there will be no Universal, no shopping spree, fewer days overall. When the free dining came out, I started thinking about it. I nearly missed it all, the rooms are so limited for free dining. By the time I got the vacation days approved and looked at prices, the only thing left in free dining was preferred rooms at ASMu. But I'm sure it will be great.

So, about that foreshadowing. I'm happy to report that after a very long 4 year break (for many reasons) my family will be staying at All Star Music from August 17-27, 2018.
I was never sure if this trip would ever happen, and it will be a little different than my other trips. I've never been to either of the All Stars. I have nothing against them, and they seem nice enough. But we settled into being a "moderate" family. The deluxe resorts look beautiful and I'm sure they are. But without being DVC, they are a bit hard on my wallet. The moderates gave us two sinks, queen beds, which for a family of four (three ladies), it was nice. Looking at another trip, I knew I had to take a different financial approach. I'm not where I was four years ago. This trip there will be no Universal, no shopping spree, fewer days overall. When the free dining came out, I started thinking about it. I nearly missed it all, the rooms are so limited for free dining. By the time I got the vacation days approved and looked at prices, the only thing left in free dining was preferred rooms at ASMu. But I'm sure it will be great.

Yeah! You're going to Disney! That's all that matters. We started by always staying at value and then finally made the more to moderate and loved it. Our trip last May and this past February brought us back to Value. I would rather do value than no Disney. We stayed in a family suite at Music last May and it really worked great for us. Enjoy your trip and hopefully you'll do a report.

Good morning! Just finished your teaching day. The village celebration video was so fun and amazing! I' so happy you got to experience that adventure. Love how so many sweet faces were captured in the pics. It sounds like your teaching was getting through. I hope the delegates went home and made a difference in their home villages. So sweet to see how your gift was honored.
I said it on Facebook, but a big CONGRATULATIONS on passing and flying already!!!
Well, I'm off to pack. I' supposed to pick Myles up in a bit to help me. Hope it doesn't make him too sad. Jim has the carpet and pad out, painting almost done and flooring should be almost there by today. All of that in 11 days while working. He is on a mission !

Post these: (Because it's fun to get to know you all!)

1. Were you in choir or band in school? If so, what did you play? Totally okay if you weren’t! What did you do for electives instead, if not? Sports? Drama? Snacks and a nap at home?

2. Without Googling and on the honor system, how many places can you find something to eat on Main Street (WDW)? Can you name them? (Because food is as good as music. And food WITH music is best of all!)

3. How many music groups have you stopped to watch for more than 5 minutes in Disney World (name them for a bonus point)? And which one is your favorite? (2 points)

Before I answer, I'd like to say I saw 2 of the 9 you saw on this last trip. Soooo glad we got to see VOL and Yehaa Bob!

I was in band in middle school and first year of high school. Was in the musical South Pacific when I was a Junior or Senior. Other than that, sports. I sing in choir at church. I play a wicked air guitar? Does that count?

Oh, my. I could goodsearch since I don't use google, but then you had to go and say on the honor system. I'll confess, I don't know that many because usually my trip on mainstreet is a) get to rides or b) get to resort bus. I know Crystal Palace, the Italian place I've heard isn't very good, an ice cream place, a place to get popcorn. I think most of the others are gift or specialty shops. I'm sure if I could pull up a map of Disney, I could do much better, but that would defeat the purpose and not be honorable.

VOL - New favorite. Will be a priority stop from here on out.
Oompah band - Former favorite
Drums in Japan pavilion
Yehaa Bob - Favorite for having fun. This will definitely be a repeat in the future.
Steel drums in Africa (Calypso Duo). You said between pandora and Africa, but I think they used to be just in Africa.
Dapper Dans. I'll confess, more due to DW than me.
Band you have pictures of.
Does country bear jamboree count? ;)

Edit: Two I forgot
The oompah band in Biergarten numerous times (saw Mark mentioned that, so for me as well)
Either '71 or '72 (can't remember if it was the first year we went or the second). Me and my cousin were chosen dress in colonial costumes and to be part of the liberty parade with the drum & bugle corps. We definitely were listening to them for more than 5 minutes. Now, I need to see if mom has any pictures from that.

Last edited:

A Delightful Day in Disney

Monday came, and it was DISNEY DAY!! Waaaaaaaaaaaahooooty! Cuz any day at Disney is a great day! And when good friends are part of it, it’s an even better Disney Day. Alison would be joining after a bit, so the 3 of us met up in the parks. Pkondz also had to pick up will call tix, so we met up there and made a plan to find Kari just after that.

After we picked up the tix, and the appropriate ridiculously long lines for bag check and entrance were waited in, I made a beeline for coffee. Because hotel coffee sucks and everyone knows it, EVERYONE was in $ixbucks waiting for the next best thing in coffee mediocrity. It’s caffeinated, and at 9:00 AM, that’s all that counts. Just as we were close to the front, we saw a cute familiar face waving at us. My friend knows me well and knows just where to find me. I mean, first things first!

And since I’m in Disney, drinking double-fisted is perfectly acceptable. The ones who “Disney” (it’s now a verb) correctly sauntered up Main Street. (Kari, you’re with me right? RIGHT?!) I suppose PK was sashaying as he tends to do. Someday, I’ll make a believer out of him. We drank in the atmosphere while I sipped on my coffee. It was a refreshing, intoxicating, exciting stroll. Not too fast, but not too slow.... places to be, things to do! Somehow, as if by Disney magic, we found ourselves purchasing a Dole Whip. Oopsies, how did THAT happen?! We’d been there 15 minutes and had already tasted a little piece of Heaven. But, we still had the entire day ahead of us with great big fat plans. (Not really. We had absolutely zero BFP whatsoever.)

Pushing deeper into the parks inner recesses, we pushed and shoved our way over to Haunted Mansion. (You know I’m kidding right?) Luckily, the line wasn’t too short. Yes, you heard me right. If it had been shorter, I’d have had to toss my coffee. I avoid tragedies like that as often as possible. They say timing is everything, and just as we passed the last trashcan, I plunked it in and we boarded our doom buggies for a spin with Madame Leota. I love her. I love everything in there, but especially her. Oh, ok, the Hatbox Ghost is pretty cool too.

I think we all went on Pirates next, but who knows. I’m thinking we did, cuz one of our group wanted the red head. Yo, Ho! I wanted the red wine, but didn’t want a gunfight to get it. The DLR version is about a billion times better. This is not up for debate.

My photos show that we ended up on the Mark Twain next. Just one of those days when we really had zero agenda and were not in a hurry. Trust me, that’s when you end up on the Mark Twain. I think I managed to convince the others by reminding them that the Rivers of America was all newly refurbed since we’d been there, and there were some neat new things to see. (No, I had no idea what they were, or if there was any improvement, but I did want to go on it, and I had to do some creative arm twisting.) And you know what? There was some cool stuff they added!

I am even pretty sure the other 2 don’t hate me for having dragged them on it. See? Beavers!!!

Go Beavs!! (Did I mention my daughter is a graduating Beaver (Oregon State) with a double major in Business Marketing and Management this Fall and walking on June 15th. It goes without saying that I am beyond proud of her! I think in the entire graduating class there are approximately 30 double majors!) Okay.... where was I? Yes, precarious trestles and Indian Scouts! (Yes, that’s what they were originally called.) I LOVED the expanded Native American camps they put in. Suuuuper cool!

As was the genuine steam engine that powers the Twain. The engineer who did a quick check of the engine (that’s what engineers check) was interesting to see. I’m nerdy like that.

Then came the only disappointing few minutes of the day. Kari had waited her whole trip to ride Splash but it’d been down for days. But we heard screaming and splashing and made tracks for the Briar Patch. We ripped along the queue only to reach the last 50 yards of it when things came to a screeching halt. The voice of disappointment and despair came over the speakers and told us to either leave or tough it out. We waited for 10 or so minutes, then gave up.

Only a churro could assuage our sorrow; we drowned them in fried dough with chocolate sauce. Mmm! It was delicious! A Mexican churro themed after Coco for the Pixar Festival. Slightly spicy, chocolatey, cinnamonny, yumminess. What’s not to love?

Refueled it was time to meet Alison!! And, yay!!! Time to EAT!!!

Again.

Don’t judge. This is vacation. Ever since the last time the bunch of us got together, I was craving the Plaza fried chicken. Mostly because I was an idiot last time and got a salad. What was I thinking?!!!

We got 2 dinners to split and it was the perfect amount for the 4 of us. It was delicious too! Mmm, deep fried chicken with taters and gravy. Feeeeeeeeeeed the beast!

I’m pretty sure we went on Indiana Jones after lunch (sorry, no photos at all.) and I even kept my chicken dinner safely stowed where it belonged. I was also glad that my neck wasn't thrown out. Since I took no notes and have no photos, I can’t prove that we went on the train. But we did. And we all LOVED the new stuff they put in there. The dioramas are new and improved and I think it’s a fantastic downtime ride for the After-Plaza-Chicken-Coma-Crowd. Now that I think about it, I’ll bet we did the train and IJ in that order. Otherwise…

Time to park hop! Let’s go!! It’s a heck of a long way to another park!

Not.

In no time at all, we got to the Hyperion for our Frozen reservation and I can’t say enough great things about this show. I can’t speak for Alison, but I made a spectacle of myself by blubbering through a lot of it. (She shed a tear or two too.) Luckily, she thought ahead and had tissues. It was beautiful and funny, and genuine Broadway quality in nature. I remember very clearly thinking to myself that that show alone would have been worth the ticket price. Again, no pix except the stage before the show, but this time because I wasn’t allowed to. Convenient since I probably wouldn’t have anyway. Who wants to take photos when THAT is in front of them?! Curious? Does Olaf melt your heart too? I had a sudden urge to splurge on Rice Cream in Norway, but well… wrong park. Er, wrong coast. Soon, My Sweetness, soon….

And now for a first! For me anyway. While I was admittedly more than a little skeptical and bordering on highly offended, I followed the others to the Guardians Ride. (Kari opted out and headed for a back-to-back on the Racers.) How could they possibly improve on Twilight? Well, I can’t say it’s BETTER, but it is equally well done and creative in its own right. Take my opinions with a grain of salt; they’re just one gal’s subjective take on things. The sound track is fun (Twilight’s was better), there is a TON of visual everything going on, and the ride mechanism is the same. I think it works well for what it is, but I’m one for a bit of nostalgia and… old. Just as Guardians will be a thing of posterity for the younger set going to Disney now, Twilight Zone was that for me. It’s what I grew up with and I’m still pretty sad they are changing it. I get that’s it’s not as relevant for the Millenials, but, Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Please, oh PLEASE leave WDW’s alone!

There wasn’t much time before dinner, so we motored on over to Carsland for a quick spin on the Racers. We disappointed Kari by breaking her winning streak and losing. I hope she can forgive us for not giving enough gas. I think there is a pretty hilarious ride photo out of the deal; I’ll have to check to see if Alison snagged that for us.

And after failing to take the Cup, it was time to console ourselves with a drink. Or two. But this is a good place to end here since: A) I haven’t edited those photos, and B) there are a bunch from Paint the Night. So, we’ll keep it to our daytime happenings for now, and save the evening hoopla for another time.

Ooohhh Jim :lovestruc I love that this is your "best for last" pick. There's something so magical about his playing on the street, drawing folks in. I've always wanted to stop and make a request sometime. Maybe I'll add that to my list of "to do's" for my solo time next month.

Fabulous! An excellent use of your time! The musician in me feels my heart growing warm to think of guests enjoying all the musical offerings Disney provides.

And now I continue my pathetic attempt at answering the occasional contest question.

1. I was! All of the above! :P I was a music kid (hence, why I did my bachelor's degree in Music.) I played the piano, and played and sang in my church band. In school I played clarinet in the concert band from grade 6-12. I sang in choirs a few years in school, and also in a girls' choir that my private music teacher led. Once I got into University I played in pep band for football games occasionally, and joined an auditioned choir which I sang in all four years. Some of us were finding by our third year though that even this choir wasn't offering enough inspiration and challenge for those of us who wanted to take it to the next level, so for fourth year I collaborated with one of my professors who agreed to supervise us, and I created a new women's choir called the Melodia Chorus. We got course credit for it, which was pretty sweet, and we did some fun stuff!

I only speak English and some conversational French, but I've sung in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Serbian, Latin...which is absolutely useless to me now in my day-to-day life. :laughing: When I got out of school, I did a semester singing with an auditioned women's group here in Halifax called Xara. It's a well-respected choral theatre group, and one of the leaders of what's now becoming a more common genre in the arts scene these days. They tell stories and use their performances as advocacy tools, combining choral singing, theatre, choreography, sometimes spoken word poetry, etc., etc. Cool stuff!

I was also a theatre kid growing up. In University, I got to get as close as possible to my childhood dream of being Belle from Beauty and the Beast. :lovestruc

Wow, just wow! You have a beautiful voice.

Band.

Trumpet.

That is all I'm willing to disclose. (THEY might be reading. They're always watching you know. Always watching.)

Music is a huge part of what makes Disney Disney. I've not seen all on your list but I have seen quite a few. Yehaa Bob is on my list for next time. I definitely want to check out his show.
I saw Liesa mention something about your VLOG. Can you PM me a link also, please?

Pkondz also had to pick up will call tix, so we met up there and made a plan to find Kari just after that.

And that plan never happened.

Ah! Very pleased that you posted this shot.
Yes, I have a reason.

You'll see.

ridiculously long lines for bag check and entrance

Bag check wasn't too bad, if I recall... but the entrance lines! :sad2:

I made a beeline for coffee.

I quite remember that.
"Liesa! We're in Disney!"
"coffee..."
"There's the train!"
"coffee..."
We're on Main St!!!"
"coffee..."
"Look how pretty the flowers are!"
"coffee..."
"Oh! That first glimpse of the castle!!!"
"coffee..."
"So... you're saying you want..."
"coffee..."
"How about we get you some coffee?"
"coffee..."

Just as we were close to the front, we saw a cute familiar face waving at us.

I'm glad you saw me waving at you through your coffee withdrawal.

I like that. Did you point that out to me?

Nice shot! :thumbsup2

The ones who “Disney” (it’s now a verb)

Correct

correctly sauntered up Main Street.

Incorrect

I suppose PK was sashaying as he tends to do.

Yes, of course.
Actually, I completely agree with you and Kari sauntering while I sashay.
Sauntering is to walking as a Masters is to a high school diploma.

Sashaying is a doctorate.

Somehow, as if by Disney magic, we found ourselves purchasing a Dole Whip. Oopsies, how did THAT happen?!

It happened because you or Kari pointed out that there was virtually no line.
I think there was maybe one or two people there... and that was it?
And later, when we passed by again, the line stretched a city block.

You were going to take a photo of the Dole whip float against a boring background and I told you to shoot it with something pretty in the background. You said, "Like what?" And...

we pushed and shoved our way over to Haunted Mansion. (You know I’m kidding right?)

Of course you're kidding! Kari and I hung back while you did the pushing and shoving.
We just followed along, shaking our heads. :sad2:

Luckily, the line wasn’t too short. Yes, you heard me right. If it had been shorter, I’d have had to toss my coffee.

Sacrilege.

I avoid tragedies like that as often as possible.

:laughing:

Madame Leota. I love her. I love everything in there, but especially her.

Hmmm... If I have to pick a favourite character... I'd have to say the bride. At the end. "Hurry baaaaack."

one of our group wanted the red head.

:rolleyes1

The DLR version is about a billion times better. This is not up for debate.

You converted me. I hadn't really noticed the first time... but this time.... more to see and longer? Heck, yes.

I think I managed to convince the others by reminding them that the Rivers of America was all newly refurbed since we’d been there, and there were some neat new things to see. (No, I had no idea what they were, or if there was any improvement, but I did want to go on it, and I had to do some creative arm twisting.)

You.... lied to us?!?!?!?!?

I will never trust you again.

I am even pretty sure the other 2 don’t hate me for having dragged them on it. See? Beavers!!!

Well.... sure. I love a good beaver, so thanks for showing it to me.

Go Beavs!! (Did I mention my daughter is a graduating Beaver (Oregon State) with a double major in Business Marketing and Management this Fall and walking on June 15th. It goes without saying that I am beyond proud of her! I think in the entire graduating class there are approximately 30 double majors!)

Proud momma moment. And you have every right to boast a bit. :)

As was the genuine steam engine that powers the Twain. The engineer who did a quick check of the engine (that’s what engineers check) was interesting to see. I’m nerdy like that.

Heh. My shot is different (and not as good) but we both were interested in the engine.

Then came the only disappointing few minutes of the day.

That really sucked. We were all "Yay!!! It's up and running!" and came soooo close.

Only a churro could assuage our sorrow; we drowned them in fried dough with chocolate sauce. Mmm! It was delicious! A Mexican churro themed after Coco for the Pixar Festival. Slightly spicy, chocolatey, cinnamonny, yumminess. What’s not to love?

I wouldn't know. You guys refused to share with me. And this after I shared my Dole Whip with you!!

I give you exhibit A:

I was craving the Plaza fried chicken. Mostly because I was an idiot last time and got a salad. What was I thinking?!!!

No idea. I remember I was shocked.
Glad you insisted... nay, demanded that we eat here.

I was also glad that my neck wasn't thrown out.

That was rough, wasn't it? Rougher than Dinosaur, I thought.

Since I took no notes and have no photos, I can’t prove that we went on the train.

I can. ;)

I can’t speak for Alison, but I made a spectacle of myself by blubbering through a lot of it.

Pfffft... women. Can't control their emotions at all.

Me? I had some dust in my eyes. Possibly an allergic reaction, too. Had nothing to do with the show.

Who wants to take photos when THAT is in front of them?!

Correct. I came to watch the show. Not shoot it.

Curious? Does Olaf melt your heart too?

Um.... no.
I get quite enough snow, thank you. A talking snow man is just a visual and aural reminder of what it's like 5 months of the year.

I had a sudden urge to splurge on Rice Cream in Norway, but well… wrong park. Er, wrong coast. Soon, My Sweetness, soon….

According to your ticker, about four and a half months.

I followed the others to the Guardians Ride. (Kari opted out and headed for a back-to-back on the Racers.) How could they possibly improve on Twilight? Well, I can’t say it’s BETTER, but it is equally well done and creative in its own right.

I really didn't mind. Having never ridden TOT in DL, there was no prior attachment. And according to Alison, the DL version paled in comparison to the DHS version.

Please, oh PLEASE leave WDW’s alone!

Agreed!

I hope she can forgive us for not giving enough gas.

We should have put our hands down. Air brakes.

I miss all these groups.

Different doesn't always mean "better". Ah well.... Carousel of Progress IRL.

Jimmy & JP watched them while we did Test Track.

Fun for kids who love "loud".

I think this is the least embarrassing one.
img_6511-jpg.321699

Look at you gettin' your groove on, Gurl!!!

Thanks for the info. Now I really want to see the new group. I hope they're still there when we make it down there again.

I'm pretty sure they will be. :) Let me know what you think. :)

I'm thinking... "Well... there's usually only one way in and out of a bathroom, so..."

And if he tried to get past me, it'd have been THIEF DOWN!

I do know that. I've read that line many times. "She was a handsome woman..."

Usually in Louis LaMour novels.

Maybe like riding a bike? I wouldn't say I'm great (not pro hockey level) but I can stay upright. :)

So.... better than I can do. By a long shot.

Some day, if we should meet up again, ask me to tell you about skating on the river when I was a kid.

I will.

or at least try. I usually make notes in my phone for stuff like that, but... this weekend I was having to reset a Google password and lost ALL of my "Notes". Which means I also lost ALL of my passwords for EVERYTHING, Everywhere.

Sheesh! I had popcorn once! Once! And never at WDW. Only DL.

You love the smell, so this surprises me. Maybe you're too full from Dole Whips.

I got two of 'em. :)

Yep! Good job!

Flying = $$$$.
Interesting choices. I'd love to go back to Italy. The (extremely limited) bit that I saw was wonderful. Not sure about Kenya. I'm a bit put off by the Government travel warnings.

Yes, mucho dinero!

I met a guy at my Aviation School who does customized tours (a French Guy living in Kenya) who says it's safe.

Just... yeah... "staggering" is a good word.

And most are children.

Hmmm... Incentive to go to Sierra Leone with camera and telephoto lens.....

Trust me, there'd be better things to see.

And if he tried to get past me, it'd have been THIEF DOWN!

:laughing: I'd pay to see that.

Usually in Louis LaMour novels.

Never read one.

So.... better than I can do. By a long shot.

Have you tried?

I will.

or at least try. I usually make notes in my phone for stuff like that, but... this weekend I was having to reset a Google password and lost ALL of my "Notes". Which means I also lost ALL of my passwords for EVERYTHING, Everywhere.

Oh, man. That's too bad.
Hope it won't be too much of an inconvenience getting your passwords back. Usually that just involves a "I forgot my password".

You love the smell, so this surprises me. Maybe you're too full from Dole Whips.

Maybe. Or maybe it's I just never seem to have anyone to share it with.
I'm either solo or with someone who's not a fan.
Except that one time with Kay.

I met a guy at my Aviation School who does customized tours (a French Guy living in Kenya) who says it's safe.

Well... he would know!

And most are children.

Yep.
Children and the elderly are always the most vulnerable, aren't they?

Trust me, there'd be better things to see.

Oh?

Nice job tag-teaming Starbucks and the Dole Whip. Keep those taste buds guessing :thumbsup2

You know, it is weird seeing HM without the NBC makeover? We literally haven’t been to DLR any time of year other than October to December since 2005.

So very much agreed, PoTC at DLR is a Billion times better. Well done getting them on the Mark Twain. Great shots of the beaver and congrats to your daughter! Nice shot of the engine by the way.

Bummer that Splash didn’t stay open for Kari :( But kudos to you for using the line “assuage our sorrow”. Churros followed by Plaza fried chicken would certainly do that :woohoo:

I appreciate your points on the GotG makeover but me and mine do like this version over Twilight Zone. We loved Twilight Zone but the upbeat feel to the new version really does it for us. But I think WDW will keep theirs as Twilight Zone, they have the ride-thru portion anyways so it is better anyways.

Sorry you lost on Racers and your friend broke her streak. Looking forward to seeing your Paint the Night shots! ::yes::

Oh, right. You mean the entire reason that you studied for and took the exam?

Well.... yeah!! LOL!

You did pass! Congrats again. :)

Thanks, PK! It was a lot of hard work, but I kicked butt and got 'er done!

That's too bad. Hopefully the next time will be better/longer.

Me too. Once a paycheck. And first... a headset.

Never did get any cake. But, my SIL made me some choco chip cookies tonight for Mother's Day.

Every journey starts with one step.

That's what I"ve always said. And it's the hardest step to take.

You got it backwards, @vamassey1
You're supposed to post your most embarrassing one!

Hear, hear!!!!

Interesting. Sounds like something I'll have to try seeing. (ahem...this is what writers refer to as foreshadowing....keep reading :))

Oh boy!! I read right through that! And did a little happy dance for you right here in my chair! ;)

Aren't they the best kind of jokes?

Is this where I"m supposed to admit to lurking on the DISDad's threads on occasion so I can hear what kind of ridiculous (and funny) jokes are being cracked over there?

1. Well, yes, I was technically in a school choir in grade 4 through 6. But that's it for my musical career. My extra curricular time was spent in Scouts (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts), in fact I was in it from age 5 right through high school. And while not being terribly popular with most boys, I really enjoyed it. I loved getting outdoors, hiking and camping. It's what my friends and I did most weekends in high school when others were at parties. It may not have been as exciting, but it also kept me out of trouble and I enjoyed it!

Ah a Scout!!! Nice!! So you were an Eagle as well then if through High School. Hey, no shame in not partying your way through school. Me and my nerdy friends studied at or teacher's houses on weekends so we could pass our AP exams. College as a bit of a different story.... eh hem....

2. I'm saying 8. Tony's, Confectionary, Bakery (not calling it Starbucks), Ice Cream Parlor, The Plaza, Casey's, maybe Crystal Palace if that's considered Main Street, and I know there's at least a popcorn cart down by City Hall. No doubt there are other carts, just not sure how many or where.

Noted

3. I have to say it's not my top priority. I usually stop to listen for a few minutes if I came by a group. I've seen Dapper Dans, The piano guy, the guys with the garbage cans at Epcot (Jammitors?), Mo Rockin, Tam Tam Congo (I know their name from your report!), and I guess they are the group I've enjoyed the most.

Then many of the same ones I know and love. :)

Well, Jeff, this is fantastic news!!! I'm tickled you will be taking the girls and there is ZERO shame in a value. I LOVED AoA (other than the distance from the buses). Sure, mod is a step up in space and a better overall "feel", but hey! At least you get to go!! WAHOO!!!

And free dining to boot! Not too shabby! And yes, please do a TR! Pretty please!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!