The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

We see you!!!! :sail:

Hope you and Fran are doing well... I don't know about the rest, but I miss reading about yours and Fran's adventures... But with you being in California, I'm guessing the only trips you've been taking are to backyard... Hope things get better in the California soon!!!!

Happy New Year and Good Bye 2020!!! pixiedust:

Hey Alison,

Just popping in to all of the threads I'm subbed in on to say hi. It was nice chatting with you on the phone the other day and catch up a bit. I miss you guys and someday maybe I can swing down for a quick trip before my move. When you feel safe again, let me know! :)

OK folks, I've been AWOL here. It seems that I dropped off the grid around end of September, beginning of October. I'm going to attribute that to the eBay Christmas season. It seems like every day we were devoting most of our time to packing and shipping music, Disney pins, figurines, Christmas ornaments, and all sorts of other stuff we don't need. Now that it's January, sales seem to be leveling off, which isn't good for our bank account, but maybe might be better for my time online.

Those of you who are FB friends pretty much see what we eat for dinner, and I don't post much else. The reason I post about that is because it's the only interesting thing that goes on in my day. Here is a typical day:

Come to consciousness around 6:30-7AM.
Watch local news, GMA, local news, MSNBC while on FB, texting friends, and solving online jigsaw puzzles.
After a few hours, I finally decide to get up, get dressed, and feed the cats.

Now I don't dress any different pre/mid covid. I've worn pants with elastic waists for as long as I can remember. I just don't wear any of my cute dresses, or fancy outfits, cause Fran and the cats don't care.
I've always had that morning routine I mentioned above, but now I spend more time in bed since most days I don't have anything on the schedule or anything to look forward to besides dinner.

After feeding the cats and making coffee, I scrounge up something to eat.
Then it's time to gather up the various items that sold overnight. Sometimes a musician goes nuts and buys five or more pieces of music, and wants us to give them a total for shipping before they pay, and I have to get back to them. Occasionally someone buys 50+ pieces of music and in addition to getting back to them with a total, I have to find a box to put it all in!
Once everything is sealed up in envelopes/boxes Fran prints the labels. I give her weights and dimensions and she does the labels on eBay.

(I know this is riveting stuff....)

Once the packages are all addressed and ready to go, I load them into a bag/box and text the mailman to find out where he is. Yes, we are on a texting basis with our mailman. Fran and I find him in the neighborhood, meet up (masked of course), and give him the packages, and a bottle of cold orange soda. It's not such a big deal in the winter, but in the summertime, all the postal guys really appreciated that cold drink in the middle of the day.

This takes us to anywhere between 1:30 to 4PM depending on how long I've spent solving jigsaw puzzles. Sometimes we stay in the bedroom obsessing on the news and our electronics until noon. If we have larger packages, usually those ship via FedEx so we drop those off at the local location. Most days we go back home, but we may also need gasoline, to pick up cat food (curbside of course), or some other necessity, like groceries, prescriptions, etc.

This gives us time to listen to our books on Audible. Believe it or not we have blown through over a dozen books. We've even been known to drive 50 miles to pick up a "free" Craigslist item, just to get time in the car to listen to our book.

Once home for the evening, I do the dishes while making dinner, we watch TV, and go to bed.

The next day, lather, rinse, and repeat.

There are a few things that differentiate the days, so they haven't all blended together.

Yet.

Monday - Chiropractor 9:30AM
Tuesday - Occasional zoom band practice
Wednesday - Gardener comes, cars need to move for street sweeping Thursday
Thursday - move cars back after street sweeping
Friday - ummmm, nothing
Saturday - PO closes at 3PM, so if we're going to get anything out, it has to happen quickly
Sunday - ummmm nothing

I know you've enjoyed reading about how boring my days are. But even so, I still don't seem to have the time to write posts (I still have some Disneyland stuff from January through March that I could post about). I'm going to try and get back into this. I'll start with replies, later. I've reached that time when dinner needs to get started.

Looking forward to getting back to interacting with my DIS friends! I've missed you!!!!!!!!

Hello! I just found your trip report and wanted to say I am thoroughly enjoying it! I just started Day 9 and I will read more another time. SO nice to read something before the world turned. I read one of your trip reports a while back ... I think you may have been on a road trip? Seems like a few years ago, but I'm not really sure when it was. 2020 seemed like 3 years, so my sense of time is a little warped. ;) I really enjoy your writing style and after I'm caught up on this one, I'll have to find some of your others! Thanks for doing them!

I hope you and Fran are doing well!

OK folks, I've been AWOL here.
I think I remember you... hmmm.... Ali? Alice? Something like that.

:rolleyes1
I'm going to attribute that to the eBay Christmas season. It seems like every day we were devoting most of our time to packing and shipping music, Disney pins, figurines, Christmas ornaments, and all sorts of other stuff we don't need.
:faint:
Yup, that'd do it alright.
solving online jigsaw puzzles
What is this??
I just don't wear any of my cute dresses, or fancy outfits, cause Fran and the cats don't care.
Are you sure the cats don't care? Cats can be very particular, as you know.
(I know this is riveting stuff....)
I'm happy to read anything you post. :)
Yes, we are on a texting basis with our mailman.
:laughing:
Why am I not even surprised???
a bottle of cold orange soda. It's not such a big deal in the winter, but in the summertime, all the postal guys really appreciated that cold drink in the middle of the day.
Very nice of you. Thoughtful.
Sometimes we stay in the bedroom obsessing on the news
Betcha you've been doing a bit more "obsessing" than usual of late.

Looking forward to getting back to interacting with my DIS friends! I've missed you!!!!!!!!
:hug:

Sounds like some lovely time spent with friends, and what wouldn't we all give for more of that right now!!!?

You're telling me!

I've never succeeded in getting to sit inside Trader Sam's at the Poly, but the outside area is nice...definitely doesn't seem as cozy as your pictures make the DL version seem.

You just have to be patient. We often get in at odd times. If you're willing to wait, you have a better chance in Florida. Most people only want to spend for one drink at those prices. In California people are more likely to linger.

If I didn't know I was sitting outside Trader Sam's, it would just seem like any old walk-up tiki bar next to a pool.

This is in Florida? I've actually never seen the outside space there.

The drinks look very tasty, and so photogenic, of course!

Gawd, I miss cocktails made by others! We ordered Mexican food the other day and got 32oz of Margaritas, but I still had to salt the rims and pour it in the glasses.

Then, in my case, I'm gonna really be surprised by the one at WDW. Never been to that one.

At this point I would be happy if I thought I could go anywhere safely!

Is that a good thing? Or are they too bright?

No I think they're just right. It's bright like daylight where you sit, but the darkness is still there, but it's not so dim that you can hardly see your friends.

<sigh>
Rum... always rum...

They have other beverages. You could probably even order a margarita.

I'm not sure if I've ever had a peppermint flavoured alcoholic drink. Maybe peppermint schnapps? Maybe?

I'm pretty sure it was flavored with peppermint schnapps.

That doesn't sound unreasonable? There are 4 shrimp there, right?

But $20 for 4 shrimp seems kind of steep. However now I would love to have the privilege of paying Disney prices.

I'd try that. :) (But not the fries. Not a fan of sweet potato. Fried or otherwise.)

I'm not a fan either.

:laughing: Fran really gets into her food!

I fear after thus break from TRs, she won't remember to give me a chance to take pictures of our food! :laughing:

Friends help friends... drink.

We used to. :sad2:

::yes:: I totally get that. Mine!

I miss those onion rings.

Really! That would've been different... and yet the same, in a way. Huh!

It was fun, and a different perspective on the whole show.

Lovely photo. :)

Thanks! :flower3:

I will pick up this years and some others in hope we can bring them some day...

Some day.....

Recipe coming asap- will message it!

I dont think you ever sent it. :rolleyes1

Here's hoping!

We'll just have to keep hoping....Southern Californians don't seem to care about anything other than the here and now.

Ya he has his own facebook fan group lol over 4K members!

Wow!

Soooo...what did you make?

We made Clam Chowder and Ooey, Gooey, butter cake. Both recipes can be found on my recipe website.

I was envisioning eating that PuPu platter, but alas we never managed to make it over there

Hopefully next time, whenever that will be.

Yum! I'm not a huge rum person, other than in Tiki drinks!

I dont really drink much hard alcohol except when I'm out, which lately has been not at all. We did order Mexican food on Friday and got Margaritas togo.

So this is intriguing to me..I don't think I've had a peppermint drink like this- was it fruity too, or just minty?

No, just minty.

Yumm pineapple and sweet potato fries, I'm a fan of them with chipolte mayo

Not a fan of sweet potatoes and definitely not a fan of chipotle either.

You guys are awesome about this!

Fran is a good designated driver.

Can't say I've every watched from there!

It was a first for me too!

We see you!!!! :sail:

I was wondering if anyone would!

Hope you and Fran are doing well... I don't know about the rest, but I miss reading about yours and Fran's adventures...

I miss having adventures!

But with you being in California, I'm guessing the only trips you've been taking are to backyard... Hope things get better in the California soon!!!!

Well if you read my "day in the life" update, and you did because I saw that you liked it, you know we do get out, but nowhere exciting. :laughing:

Happy New Year and Good Bye 2020!!! pixiedust:

I appreciate the sentiment, but after the last week, I realize we have no idea what's on the horizon. I hope it isn't out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Just popping in to all of the threads I'm subbed in on to say hi.

:wave:

It was nice chatting with you on the phone the other day and catch up a bit. I miss you guys and someday maybe I can swing down for a quick trip before my move. When you feel safe again, let me know! :)

OK, I've been off the radar a bit. Did I know you were moving? Closer to your parents?

At this point I would be happy if I thought I could go anywhere safely!
Amen, lady!
They have other beverages. You could probably even order a margarita.
Okay. I'll go, then.
But $20 for 4 shrimp seems kind of steep
True. That does.
However now I would love to have the privilege of paying Disney prices.
<sigh> I know.
Although... after all this, I wonder how aggressive they'll be in recouping their losses?
I'm not a fan either.
This is why we are friends. ::yes::
I fear after thus break from TRs, she won't remember to give me a chance to take pictures of our food! :laughing:
Oh, no! :laughing:

Hello! I just found your trip report and wanted to say I am thoroughly enjoying it! I just started Day 9 and I will read more another time.

:welcome:

SO nice to read something before the world turned. I read one of your trip reports a while back ... I think you may have been on a road trip?

That was probably our Southwestern Road Trip where we went to Monument Valley, Zion, and Bryce Canyon.

Seems like a few years ago, but I'm not really sure when it was. 2020 seemed like 3 years, so my sense of time is a little warped. ;) I really enjoy your writing style and after I'm caught up on this one, I'll have to find some of your others! Thanks for doing them!

I know what you mean. Thanks, I just try to tell it like it is....

I hope you and Fran are doing well!

We are doing as well as can be when you're stuck at home!

I think I remember you... hmmm.... Ali? Alice? Something like that.

:faint:
Yup, that'd do it alright.

While I would like a break (workloadwise, I would still like the money)

What is this??

Let's see if this works.....This was my first puzzle

https://www.jigidi.com/jigsaw-puzzle/kyp069vy/a-taste-of-adventureland/?id=kyp069vyJigsaw puzzle - A taste of Adventureland

But now all my puzzles are of my kitties.

https://www.jigidi.com/jigsaw-puzzle/46m4m5rz/siblings/?id=46m4m5rzJigsaw puzzle - Siblings

I mostly do other people's kitty puzzles, but when I run out of puzzles to do, I upload my own. For the last couple weeks, I've had plenty to do and not needed to upload any.

Are you sure the cats don't care? Cats can be very particular, as you know.

Believe me, my cats don't give a rats butt.

I'm happy to read anything you post. :)

Awwww. you're sweet, likewise. In fact I may have a suggestion for you that I'll post on your thread. I may be the only one interested, but I'm very curious......

Why am I not even surprised???

:confused3

Very nice of you. Thoughtful.

It was actually Fran's idea.

Betcha you've been doing a bit more "obsessing" than usual of late.

Actually the day that "everything went down" Fran and I were dealing with vacancy stuff. We were out and about and were getting all our news about what was going on through my Jill and Jenny text thread. We were only home for about an hour when we watched some of the stuff going down and had to leave again for a doctor appointment. We ended up coming home around 5PM where we got the wrap up of the day.

Amen, lady!

Tell me about it, what I would do to have drinks at that place we love!

Okay. I'll go, then.

You should!

True. That does.

Most places, I can get that many shrimp for half the price.....

<sigh> I know.
Although... after all this, I wonder how aggressive they'll be in recouping their losses?

I think they will have to temper it with the fact that most people haven't had jobs for a while.....

This is why we are friends. ::yes::

👍

I know! Right now I take most of our pics of food before I serve it to her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter