The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyMomX7 thank you.
When we walked into the resort we were greeted by everyone and check-in was very quick. I'd done the on-line check-in and it was so fast and easy.
We were in room 3554 which was a standard view. Our view was nice. We had a tiny balcony though but was fine.
We really liked the way the room was decorated. It's one of the prettiest hotel rooms I've ever been in. I have pictures to share but am not allowed to post yet because I am newly signed up. Soon, I hope. I love looking at everyone's pictures so I'd love to show mine.
We were in the wing of the hotel that is very close to Epcot. We were in france from our room in 5 minutes. Ha ha.
Also, we had room service and it was great food and sweet service, both on the phone and the person who delivered it and set it up.
We had so much fun at Beaches and Cream one day. Some people next to us ordered the Kitchen Sink, so that was funny. We got a Milky way sundae to share after our burgers and onion rings.
The pool is just the best. The sandy bottom feels so good on your feet! I've stayed at the Polynesian and the Grande Floridian and this pool was the very best.
I think the people that work at the Beach Club are extra, extra friendly!
I want to go back as soon as possible.

Cotillard - I agree with everything you said!

The first three years we went to Disney we stayed at the Grand Floridian and thought we would never find a resort that we liked as much. That was until we stayed at YC and BC!

I love, love, love Beaches and Cream. I've been dying to try the Milky Way sundae but never had enough room after eating those fabulous cheeseburgers. In all our stays we still haven't tried the kitchen sink but each trip we say we will, so I guess we'll eventually get around to it.

Last year we had a deluxe cl room on the 1st floor right by the quiet pool - it did seem like we were in EPCOT in about two minutes!

We've always had wonderful cm's at BC, especially Teena the greeter, Raoulf who does the kids activities by the pool, and all the lifeguards and cms at the pool really go out of their way to make sure the kids have fun.

Can you tell I can't wait to get back? 40 more days for us!

Glad you had such a nice experience at BC!

To the Disboarder I talked to in the BC Lobby on Monday (6/21) at about 5:30 PM ... we talked about my daughter and the kids in her class and you mentioned your sister was an educator too, ... I am so sorry but I forgot your disboard name. If my memory is correct, you are from Louisiana maybe. If you would please, please, please, reply to this post so I know who you are here on the Boards, I'd appreciate it. I need to PM you. Thanks so much! (I think you were heading to Universal for a few days before heading home so I might have to post this again next week.)
Teena

Thank you DisneyMomX7. You're so lucky to have a Beach Club trip so close. I would like to book for August but not sure my husband will let me.
Yes, the lifeguards and greeter were so kind!
I will share pictures of the room and sundae and pool asap

For those who've eaten burgers at B&C and Hurricane Hannah's - are they about the same? I had read a while back that guests were choosing to get HH burgers over B&C, as they had changed them. Am I remembering correctly?

When we were at the GF recently, we had a cheeseburger from private dining; it was dry and tasteless. We later got one to go from Gasparilla's (GF counter service) and it was much, much better. So, I'm wondering if that happens at other resorts.

I'm almost sure we are going to book at the BC, rather than YC!:laughing:

After reading all these posts today, I am SOOOOOOO excited about our trip. This is our first Deluxe stay, and our first time back to WDW in 6 years!!!:scared1:

I can't wait to enjoy the YC, SAB and the "back door" to EPCOT (My fav. park).

TeenaS, I know you are at BC, but I plan on walking over and meeting you in person.

Question about Beaches & Cream, how busy does it get around lunch time? Our plane lands at `11:20, and I figure by the time we get dropped off by ME it will be around 12:45 - 1:00, we will get checked in (I hope they will hold our luggage until the room is ready??), and head over to B&C for lunch before going to the parks.

Of course after my DD13 comes out of her SHOCK of being at WDW (This is a birthday surprise trip for her, she will not find out about the trip until we arrive at the airport in New Orleans!!) and she sees SAB, we may not make it to the parks until later that evening:laughing:

YC/BC is her dream resort!!!

Melissa, just caught up with your posts - what an amazingly wonderful thing to happen, sounds a very magical trip :goodvibes

I've booked for November 2011 (through Disney travel UK) for a YC LV CL room, I haven't stayed at the YC since 2006 so am looking forward to returning. I wasn't so keen on the newly refurbished rooms but they've grown on me and I can't wait, just seems an eternity away. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, scotmel! What an fantastic upgrade! You had to be so excited! We just changed our surprise Christmas trip to YC CL (GV) from GF SL and I'd LOVE your gazebo view! (or your upgrade, but that is not likely to happen at all)

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! I'm so excited for December! It will be our first YC stay, but we've been to BC twice. I hope it is warm enough to swim. That is why we originally booked GF SL. We thought it might not be warm enough to swim and SAB would be too tempting if we couldn't use it so would try somewhere else. In the end, we couldn't do it. We really love the Epcot resort area! I'm glad to hear the CL offerings are the same. We enjoyed BC CL in May a lot!

What a fabulous surprise Scottmel!! Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures:goodvibes

We cant wait to get back to the BC!

For those who've eaten burgers at B&C and Hurricane Hannah's - are they about the same? I had read a while back that guests were choosing to get HH burgers over B&C, as they had changed them. Am I remembering correctly?

When we were at the GF recently, we had a cheeseburger from private dining; it was dry and tasteless. We later got one to go from Gasparilla's (GF counter service) and it was much, much better. So, I'm wondering if that happens at other resorts.

I'm almost sure we are going to book at the BC, rather than YC!:laughing:

From what I understand B&C amd Hurricane Hannah's use the same burgers now. Both are really tasty!

Well the AMEX/Air Tran saga continues.

We were told that they had received our medical certification a few weeks ago and that we would have a decision by June 21 (yesterday). Last night DH got a voice mail from someone at AMEX saying that the fax of the medical certification was illegible - TWO WEEKS LATER!!!!! I thought DH's head was going to blow off.

So this morning DH faxes another copy of the medical certification. He finally gets through to the "supervisor" who was supposed to be reviewing our case and asks him why didn't you tell us the day you received the certification that it wasn't clear. You went through the trouble to email us and tell us you had received the certification and that we would have a response by June 21, why not email us to say you were having difficulty reading the certification? The answer was that they were answering us within the time period they have promised. The answer - we still don't know. Now they are supposedly yet again reviewing the certification. When DH asked when we would have an answer the supervisor told me that he didn't know.

At this point I'm just assuming that we are out of luck and I'm just planning on driving. I booked the night before we arrived at BC (July 31) at the Regal Sun Plaza for about $100 since when we drive we leave late at night, drive straight through, and stay at a DTD resort for the night. Last year we stayed at Buena Vista Palace but they were full for July 30.

So that's where we stand now. I can tell you for sure WE WILL NEVER FLY AIR TRAN again!!!!! In the last 7 years we've probably flown Air Tran at least 10 times and apparently they have no customer loyalty at all.

I can't wait till this is all done and we are checking into BC!

Oh and Teena if we are driving I may be able to bring you some nice Jersey tomatoes!

We were told that they had received our medical certification a few weeks ago and that we would have a decision by June 21 (yesterday). Last night DH got a voice mail from someone at AMEX saying that the fax of the medical certification was illegible - TWO WEEKS LATER!!!!! I thought DH's head was going to blow off.

So this morning DH faxes another copy of the medical certification. He finally gets through to the "supervisor" who was supposed to be reviewing our case and asks him why didn't you tell us the day you received the certification that it wasn't clear. You went through the trouble to email us and tell us you had received the certification and that we would have a response by June 21, why not email us to say you were having difficulty reading the certification? The answer was that they were answering us within the time period they have promised. The answer - we still don't know. Now they are supposedly yet again reviewing the certification. When DH asked when we would have an answer the supervisor told me that he didn't know.

At this point I'm just assuming that we are out of luck and I'm just planning on driving. I booked the night before we arrived at BC (July 31) at the Regal Sun Plaza for about $100 since when we drive we leave late at night, drive straight through, and stay at a DTD resort for the night. Last year we stayed at Buena Vista Palace but they were full for July 30.

So that's where we stand now. I can tell you for sure WE WILL NEVER FLY AIR TRAN again!!!!! In the last 7 years we've probably flown Air Tran at least 10 times and apparently they have no customer loyalty at all.

Oh and Teena if we are driving I may be able to bring you some nice Jersey tomatoes!

OMG ... can't believe the problems with Air Tran you are having. They are absolutely horrible. Cannot believe this nonsense.

A guest yesterday from the Harrisburg area said Allegiant is now flying from I think she said Allentown and that they had flights sometime for $29 one way. She said that's what they plan on using from now on.

I agree Robyn. Been there with Air Tran and like you, never again. They have their right to run their business like they want and I have the right to do business where I want. I think that is one of the reasons we enjoy Disney so much. They may have slip ups but most of the time they will try to make it right (within reason). That is all we as consumers ask.

I hope this all works out for your family. We are leaving the BC on the 29th so won't get to meet you but have enjoyed reading your 'saga'! Take care.

Robyn, sorry to hear your troubles are still prevailing. I would agree with your assessment that at this point you plan on driving and if that airline gets its act together then your trip gets a little easier.

Besides, look at the benfit of driving, Teena gets some fresh tomatos and TastySnacks.

DisneyMomx7 - thanks about the burgers.:goodvibes Good to know.

So sorry to hear of your horrible treatment by Air Tran. I've heard several stories of bad CS from AT before, that's why I've been hesitant to book with them.

Robyn - I hope a resolution for you very soon, sometimes not knowing if just soooo hard. I hope it works in your favor. :wizard:

Also, I have a question for - we are looking for a hotel somewhere near Orlando for one night. We fly in very late to Orlando and decided to spend the night before driving to Tampa the next day, we will spend a couple of days with DMIL in Tampa and then back to BC. What is your opinion of Buena Vista Suite?

Robyn, a long shot but you might want to see if you can find out if they have any sort of ombudsman or advocate that could act on your behalf. Some larger organizations employ them to act as a mediator for such issues. Even if they have one they may not deal in general with personal cases.

Another option is to contact any public advocates with your local news organizations. Corporations hate bad publicity especially in the face of a human interest story, and tend to act a lot quicker when they see news people calling.

To the person asking about Beaches and Cream, it does seem to get VERY crowded there at lunchtime. We got there around 11:45am and at that time we got the last free table but a woman and her daughters were seated at the counter soon after. We were seated close to the door and I watched as many people walked away after being told about the wait. Some people were fine with waiting, others weren't. Maybe by the time you get there the lunchtime rush will have passed. They are open from 11am-11pm.

Melissa, just caught up with your posts - what an amazingly wonderful thing to happen, sounds a very magical trip :goodvibes

I've booked for November 2011 (through Disney travel UK) for a YC LV CL room, I haven't stayed at the YC since 2006 so am looking forward to returning. I wasn't so keen on the newly refurbished rooms but they've grown on me and I can't wait, just seems an eternity away. :rolleyes:

Clare that is when we are going back too!! that would be too funny to be there at the same time. honestly I felt the same way - the decor of Yc rooms was blah to me. They are stunning in person. They honestly are. Very rich looking and bold. I loved them. the minute the door opened to the room I said "this looks nothing like the internet pics...". Simply lovely. I can't tell you how much I loved my stay here. I just really prefer it over BWI but a lot of that was Storm Along Bay and another big piece was the distance to Epcot and i just like the theming better than BWI. Gasp...can you beleive it...So you and i can count down November 2011 together!

Another option is to contact any public advocates with your local news organizations. Corporations hate bad publicity especially in the face of a human interest story, and tend to act a lot quicker when they see news people calling.

I like that idea! That could really work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter