The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena,

I just want to say thanks again for all the time you take to answer questions. It has helped me so much. I can't wait until May 4 to check in. I really hope you will be working that following Sunday and Monday so I can meet you.

We only have six deluxe rooms and are club level rooms although they are not on the fifth floor.

Did you book club level?

no, but it says:

Room Type
Deluxe - Water or Pool View

I cut/pasted direct from my confirmation. thanks.

no, but it says:

Room Type
Deluxe - Water or Pool View

I cut/pasted direct from my confirmation. thanks.

Very strange ... I really have no idea but I doubt they upgraded you to a real deluxe room. They are normally hard to get since there are only six of them. You can certainly call the reservations number to check to see if you got upgraded to the deluxe room.

Teena,

We will be there a week from Sunday (4/18), so it's probably time to make a room request if I'm going to make one. We're just so excited to be staying at YC, I'm sure we will be happy wherever we end up. (BTW, we tried to book at BC since we've heard more about it and since you're there, but it was full. It sounds like you can't go wrong with BC or YC though!)

We are myself, DH, DS14, DD11, DD9, and DD5. Since we are a family of six, we have two standard rooms booked. As far as room requests, I guess I need to request "connecting rooms"? Ideally we would put DH and myself in one room in a king bed and the four kids in the next room in two queens and a daybed. That would make it possible for DH and I to get up before the kids in the morning to be ready before they get up without waking them. I'm not sure that set-up even exists, but I thought you might know. Maybe I should just request connecting rooms with a daybed in one?

I know we are going to love it there not matter what rooms we get. This is not only our first time at YC, it is our first time at Disney World! We are soooo excited! :yay:

We will look for you when we go to BC for our photo session. :)

TIA

Very strange ... I really have no idea but I doubt they upgraded you to a real deluxe room. They are normally hard to get since there are only six of them. You can certainly call the reservations number to check to see if you got upgraded to the deluxe room.

Will do, thanks for the response. I'll let you know if I get clarification.

Teena,

We will be there a week from Sunday (4/18), so it's probably time to make a room request if I'm going to make one. We're just so excited to be staying at YC, I'm sure we will be happy wherever we end up. (BTW, we tried to book at BC since we've heard more about it and since you're there, but it was full. It sounds like you can't go wrong with BC or YC though!)

We are myself, DH, DS14, DD11, DD9, and DD5. Since we are a family of six, we have two standard rooms booked. As far as room requests, I guess I need to request "connecting rooms"? Ideally we would put DH and myself in one room in a king bed and the four kids in the next room in two queens and a daybed. That would make it possible for DH and I to get up before the kids in the morning to be ready before they get up without waking them. I'm not sure that set-up even exists, but I thought you might know. Maybe I should just request connecting rooms with a daybed in one?

I know we are going to love it there not matter what rooms we get. This is not only our first time at YC, it is our first time at Disney World! We are soooo excited! :yay:

We will look for you when we go to BC for our photo session. :)

TIA

When you check in, you can always ask at the front desk if rooms would be available at the BC instead. If there are rooms available (connecting), they would be happy to move you over. It's the same resort ... just different decor.

I'll be there the 18th and 19th and then I leave to visit my daughter on the 20th.

You should request "connecting rooms with one of them having a daybed". There are very few kings so I would not request one. You want the connecting room with daybed being your main request.

Teena ~ we have made no requests but have a 1 Bedroom over at the villas. Any suggestions for us to add for a request?

In the past first floor has always been important to us ~ but I think with no stroller this time that isn't that big a deal for us. I am thinking higher would be better? No?

Teena ~ we have made no requests but have a 1 Bedroom over at the villas. Any suggestions for us to add for a request?

In the past first floor has always been important to us ~ but I think with no stroller this time that isn't that big a deal for us. I am thinking higher would be better? No?

Because the BCV is always 100% occupied, getting your "request" is hard. A room in your category must be being checked out of on the day you are checking in.

BCV23 is a BCV expert and I think her advice is probably better than mine since she has probably stayed in half the rooms.

Since you asked though, I will tell you what I would request and why. I don't like the first floor in hotels ... no reason, just a personal thing. However, if I had little ones, I'd probably request the first floor because of the balcony ... my kid was always one that would somehow get on top of the refrigerator and drive off head first during the 2 minutes it took me to go to the bathroom. Therefore, when she was young, even though I don't normally like first floor rooms, I always asked for one because of the fact that if I turned my back, I was afraid she'd be out onto the balcony and trying to fly off like Peter Pan. She was a quick kid ... drove me nuts! That being said, I would also request a room close to the main elevators with a courtyard view. I never would request a pool view because of the noise possibility. The quiet pool is open 24/7 so you could get some loud people splashing around at 2 AM. Does it happen often? No. However, with my luck, it would definitely happen. The reason I would request a room close to the main elevators is because I'm always so dead tired after walking all day at the parks, I just want to get to the room as soon as possible and not have to walk all the way to the end of the hallway. Some people like to be at the far end of the hallways because of no noise in the hallways.

Like I said before, ask BCV23, she's our Villas expert!

Hi Teena and everyone that has posted CL room information,

I really wanted to understand what my possibilities for my CL standard room reservation in May are - and after scouring these posts - this is what I can find, and then i'll ask a couple of questions I can't find answers to.

1. All BC CL standard rooms are on the 5th floor. This is very cool :)

2. Some of the BC CL standard rooms have standing balconies, some have full. I think Teena asked and there are 5 or 6 BC CL standard rooms with standing balconies.

3. BC CL standard rooms have the same type of view as non-CL standard room - 'garden view' which is was said to be ok or 'yucky'.

Ok - so here is what i don't know.

1. If there are 5 or 6 CL standard rooms with standing balconies - does that represent most of the most of the CL standard rooms? I would think there were more - but i wanted to get a feel for that what proportions of standing balconies to full.

2. Can a CL standard room have a 2 queen/daybed configuration? If so - if you get that - does that automatically mean you only get a standing balcony? Is it about 1/2 and 1/2 for 2 queen/daybed configuration vs just 2 queen beds.

3. In my experience - the standard non CL rooms - there were some ones that were fine - particulary - the 4th floor overlooking the woods towards epcot, and also the 3rd or 4th floor overlooking the small courtyard with the ariel statue. Are any CL standard rooms have a view like that - or are they all parking lot views.

Thanks so much if anyone knows this and can answer these questions - I realize its really more info than most people would care about.

And Teena - its quite possible that you are the person that treated my daughter and I like royalty in may 2007 when we came for our first mother daughter vacation. There is no way of knowing - but I gave that person a hug then (and that is extremely out of character for me) - so I'll send you a hug too for being so nice to everyone on this board.

Thanks,
Susie

Hi Teena and everyone that has posted CL room information,

I really wanted to understand what my possibilities for my CL standard room reservation in May are - and after scouring these posts - this is what I can find, and then i'll ask a couple of questions I can't find answers to.

1. All BC CL standard rooms are on the 5th floor. This is very cool :)

2. Some of the BC CL standard rooms have standing balconies, some have full. I think Teena asked and there are 5 or 6 BC CL standard rooms with standing balconies.

3. BC CL standard rooms have the same type of view as non-CL standard room - 'garden view' which is was said to be ok or 'yucky'.

Ok - so here is what i don't know.

1. If there are 5 or 6 CL standard rooms with standing balconies - does that represent most of the most of the CL standard rooms? I would think there were more - but i wanted to get a feel for that what proportions of standing balconies to full.

2. Can a CL standard room have a 2 queen/daybed configuration? If so - if you get that - does that automatically mean you only get a standing balcony? Is it about 1/2 and 1/2 for 2 queen/daybed configuration vs just 2 queen beds.

3. In my experience - the standard non CL rooms - there were some ones that were fine - particulary - the 4th floor overlooking the woods towards epcot, and also the 3rd or 4th floor overlooking the small courtyard with the ariel statue. Are any CL standard rooms have a view like that - or are they all parking lot views.

Thanks so much if anyone knows this and can answer these questions - I realize its really more info than most people would care about.

And Teena - its quite possible that you are the person that treated my daughter and I like royalty in may 2007 when we came for our first mother daughter vacation. There is no way of knowing - but I gave that person a hug then (and that is extremely out of character for me) - so I'll send you a hug too for being so nice to everyone on this board.

Thanks,
Susie

1. All BC CL standard rooms are on the 5th floor. This is very cool :) This is correct.
2. Some of the BC CL standard rooms have standing balconies, some have full. I think Teena asked and there are 5 or 6 BC CL standard rooms with standing balconies. There are 5.
3. BC CL standard rooms have the same type of view as non-CL standard room - 'garden view' which is was said to be ok or 'yucky'. This is correct and largest percentage are yucky. However, as I say all the time, there are some people that actually stay in the room and sit on the balcony and gaze out ... these people should book a waterview. The rest of the guests are in the room only to change clothes, sleep or shower and aren't the drapes closed then?

1. If there are 5 or 6 CL standard rooms with standing balconies - does that represent most of the most of the CL standard rooms? I would think there were more - but i wanted to get a feel for that what proportions of standing balconies to full. No, that's a small percentage of them. There are about 48-50 standard CL rooms. Only 5 of them have standing balconies.
2. Can a CL standard room have a 2 queen/daybed configuration? If so - if you get that - does that automatically mean you only get a standing balcony? Is it about 1/2 and 1/2 for 2 queen/daybed configuration vs just 2 queen beds. I don't have the exact numbers. I would say probably (and this is my guess from going into these rooms during the last six years I've been there) about one-third of all the standard CL rooms have two queens and a daybed. Of them, I know two of those rooms have standing balconies but no, that does not mean you will get a standing balcony if you get two queens and a daybed. Some of our standard CL rooms (I think 2) have king beds, some have one queen bed and a daybed. There are all different configurations.
3. In my experience - the standard non CL rooms - there were some ones that were fine - particulary - the 4th floor overlooking the woods towards epcot, and also the 3rd or 4th floor overlooking the small courtyard with the ariel statue. Are any CL standard rooms have a view like that - or are they all parking lot views. Most are roof views or front of resort view. There are a few courtyard views but not many. That wing you are talking about doesn't exist on the fifth floor. If you go to http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/bcfourthfloor.jpg you can see how much smaller the fifth floor is from the first, second, third and fourth floors. DO NOT may too much attention to the categories or any information on that map. This is very very old and most of the information on that page is inaccurate. However, you can see that 5648 through 5674 overlooks the front of the resort. 5692 through 5726 have the roof view. So, consequently, only 5637 through 5627 and the ones opposite those are courtyard views. Again, do not assume anything on that map is correct as far as configurations or standard/water view categories.

And Teena - its quite possible that you are the person that treated my daughter and I like royalty in may 2007 when we came for our first mother daughter vacation. Was it an old tall lady with short hair? If so, that's me. My costume has been changing. Back when I started I was just in blue shorts or slacks and a white shirt. Now I'm in a long white skirt and a blue blazer. But now they have a new costume being made for me and I have no idea what I'll be dressed in once it's done ... just hope it's not bloomers!!

does that mean that i will automatically get a view of the roof or parking lot? It seems like most people request views, and i am probably in the minority b/c i don't, but i would love to have one. just never requested one. at the yc, is it worth it? i see mostly bc questions here. thanks!

does that mean that i will automatically get a view of the roof or parking lot? It seems like most people request views, and i am probably in the minority b/c i don't, but i would love to have one. just never requested one. at the yc, is it worth it? i see mostly bc questions here. thanks!

I have never done specific room requests at any of the many WDW properties we've stayed at over the last 30+ (haven't done them all yet though) and I can't remember ever getting a "roof top" veiw, although I have looked at a parking lot once (Dolphin). As Teena has said many times it really gets down to what rooms are available from people checking out the day you are checking in. I really don't stress over the room because I'm at Disney, what more could I want?

I know this question has been asked a gazillion times, but I was just wondering....we are planning on going to Disney May 2011 and we know that we want to either stay at BC or YC. We have stayed at BC before and we absolutely loved it. However, my DH and I want to try each resort at least once, so I am thinking we should try out YC this time. My only problem is that we are taking along very good friends of ours who have 2 kids who will be 9 and 7 at the time we will be there (they are the exact same ages of our two girls so there will be 2 9yr. olds and 2 7yr. olds with us). The other family doesn't care which resort we stay at just as long as we can use SAB. This trip will be the other family's first trip and probably their last so my DH and I want to make it as magical as we can, just not sure if we should go to the BC side or go to the YC side. What does everyone think?

I have never done specific room requests at any of the many WDW properties we've stayed at over the last 30+ (haven't done them all yet though) and I can't remember ever getting a "roof top" veiw, although I have looked at a parking lot once (Dolphin). As Teena has said many times it really gets down to what rooms are available from people checking out the day you are checking in. I really don't stress over the room because I'm at Disney, what more could I want?

Totally agree. We have been 20+ times ourselves (though this is our first trip at YC- my youngest will be 3 next month and this is already her 6th trip!:rolleyes1 ) Only once did we have a "yucky" view. We were at WL and looked out over the cast member loading area/garbage. No big. With kids as small as ours we are only in the room to sleep. I would probably be more picky about it if we were alone lounging around the hotel and soaking up the atmosphere, but if we are at the hotel we are swimming or sleeping so the view was never that important to us.:laughing:

I have tried weeding through to find a floor plan. We are staying in a Garden View CL room and was curious as to what the set up would be. Two queens and a day bed would be great but the kids are so little still that even just two queens would work. Just asking out of curiosity.

I know this question has been asked a gazillion times, but I was just wondering....we are planning on going to Disney May 2011 and we know that we want to either stay at BC or YC. We have stayed at BC before and we absolutely loved it. However, my DH and I want to try each resort at least once, so I am thinking we should try out YC this time. My only problem is that we are taking along very good friends of ours who have 2 kids who will be 9 and 7 at the time we will be there (they are the exact same ages of our two girls so there will be 2 9yr. olds and 2 7yr. olds with us). The other family doesn't care which resort we stay at just as long as we can use SAB. This trip will be the other family's first trip and probably their last so my DH and I want to make it as magical as we can, just not sure if we should go to the BC side or go to the YC side. What does everyone think?

This is our first time staying there and I can tell you the deciding factor for me was that with a pin code the YC CL was cheaper by $600 than the BC CL. I made the switch to YC and decided to put the money I save toward the BBB for the girls. As long as we can all use SAB I didn't have a strong enough preference either way. HTH!:)

This is our first time staying there and I can tell you the deciding factor for me was that with a pin code the YC CL was cheaper by $600 than the BC CL. I made the switch to YC and decided to put the money I save toward the BBB for the girls. As long as we can all use SAB I didn't have a strong enough preference either way. HTH!:)

For anyone unsure the only reason the YC would be 600 cheaper is either view or availability of the Pin. Meaning BC CL standard view should be the SAME price as YC CL standard view - unless of course the standard view is not standard or one resort is not available with a pincode and the other is.

We are staying YC CL this summer wtih my dd11 and picked YC over BC. Seems less noisy lobby,FULL balcony is what sold me...

Totally agree. We have been 20+ times ourselves (though this is our first trip at YC- my youngest will be 3 next month and this is already her 6th trip!:rolleyes1 ) Only once did we have a "yucky" view. We were at WL and looked out over the cast member loading area/garbage. No big. With kids as small as ours we are only in the room to sleep. I would probably be more picky about it if we were alone lounging around the hotel and soaking up the atmosphere, but if we are at the hotel we are swimming or sleeping so the view was never that important to us.:laughing:

I have tried weeding through to find a floor plan. We are staying in a Garden View CL room and was curious as to what the set up would be. Two queens and a day bed would be great but the kids are so little still that even just two queens would work. Just asking out of curiosity.

We don't make requests very often, but one I can remember is requesting Non-dumpster view at VWL:lmao: Where not to picky and just happy to be there.

Denise in MI

Could anyone tell me the current price of rental on the pool tube? I assume you cannot use your own tube but can use pool noodles. Correct?

Denise in MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter