• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribing...we leave for VBR in 11 days!!!!

Hi, :wave2:

I can't make out what your ribbon says (avatar) other than something to do with cancer. Can I ask about your story? You have contributed to the VB threads ongoing and I really appreciate it. Wondering too what your first name might be... Jerry, Janice...? You don't have to divulge... just my quirkiness.

Hope Sarahtink and CDNPrinceCharming are having a great time right now at VB !!!!!

10/04 - 10/10 Sarahtink
10/05 - 10/11 CDNPrinceCharming

Has anyone heard anything about Ozzie's Crab House? Have they started any renovations after the fire? I loved going there. :confused3

I have looked recently, but it doesn't seem that they have rebuilt yet. Not sure what the situation is. :confused3

Since I am on a roll now.... is your first name Len, Leonard, Lenny?

Hi, :wave2:

I can't make out what your ribbon says (avatar) other than something to do with cancer. Can I ask about your story? You have contributed to the VB threads ongoing and I really appreciate it. Wondering too what your first name might be... Jerry, Janice...? You don't have to divulge... just my quirkiness.

My husband passed away suddenly on July 12th after a long battle (5 years) with Colon Cancer he was 49 years old and left behind DD16 & DD8 and myself.

My husband LOVED Disney...we grew up in South Florida and spent our honeymoon at Disney, of course.

We had a VBR trip planned for this past August as kind of a "LAST TRIP" with the girls. Unfortunately, he didn't make that trip. His last words were "promise me that you will take the girls to Disney....and tell the girls that I love them." Our first night at VBR my DD8 and I saw our first shooting star, she says it was her "DADDY" and I believe she was it right, it was his way of saying that Disney was "OUR" special place and that I did the right thing by taking the girls on that trip. It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do, but one of the smartest decisions that I have ever made.

Even though SSR is my HOME resort and I LOVE it there, VBR now has my HEART! :love:

Thanks for asking Rob, this is the first time that I have told anyone these things and I feel much better. *even though it made me cry** :sad: By the way, my name is Jan.

OVIR room for us -

Is there a chair swap for 2009 to sign up for?

GOldi

His last words were "promise me that you will take the girls to Disney....and tell the girls that I love them." Our first night at VBR my DD8 and I saw our first shooting star, she says it was her "DADDY" and I believe she was it right, it was his way of saying that Disney was "OUR" special place and that I did the right thing by taking the girls on that trip. It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do, but one of the smartest decisions that I have ever made.

Jan....thank you so much for sharing this with us. My heart goes out to your family. I lost a relative to colon cancer in 2003......I am now giving serious thought to getting a screening even though my family doctor said it wasn't necessary until I hit 50 (about 5 years away).
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and the father to your girls. May all the wonderful memories you shared together live on in your hearts. I am typing this with tears in my eyes. Special prayer going out to you tonight Jan. I think VBR will always be a special place for your family.

OVIR room for us -

Is there a chair swap for 2009 to sign up for?

Goldi,
I would like to figure out how to do this. Starbox has done it in the past and I always mentioned how grateful I was for her efforts---as did many others. I just have to figure out how she organized it ? I kind of recall she found the chairs/umbrella on line ??? She figured out how much it would cost if she got 3 sets then organized the groups. The tough part is how to figure out the different groups. I have no experience with this but would like to try and figure it out. Any suggestions/advice would be most appreciated.

Maria,
Thanks so much for taking this on. We will be at VB March 28 - April 3. We'd love to participate in the chair swap.

We are taking our 9 year old granddaughter (also named Maria...nice name, huh???) while her parents are taking care of Maria's newborn sibling (and our 2nd grandchild). The trip will be her Christmas present and we'll let her take a friend with her. We're really looking forward to the trip!

Jan thank you for sharing your story with us. I am glad it made you feel a little better to be able to share. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face too. You made a reat decision to go ahead and take your girls on that trip. Enjoy all those wonderful Disney memories & know your will always be there with you. :grouphug:

My husband passed away suddenly on July 12th after a long battle (5 years) with Colon Cancer he was 49 years old and left behind DD16 & DD8 and myself.

My husband LOVED Disney...we grew up in South Florida and spent our honeymoon at Disney, of course.

We had a VBR trip planned for this past August as kind of a "LAST TRIP" with the girls. Unfortunately, he didn't make that trip. His last words were "promise me that you will take the girls to Disney....and tell the girls that I love them." Our first night at VBR my DD8 and I saw our first shooting star, she says it was her "DADDY" and I believe she was it right, it was his way of saying that Disney was "OUR" special place and that I did the right thing by taking the girls on that trip. It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do, but one of the smartest decisions that I have ever made.

Even though SSR is my HOME resort and I LOVE it there, VBR now has my HEART! :love:

Thanks for asking Rob, this is the first time that I have told anyone these things and I feel much better. *even though it made me cry** :sad: By the way, my name is Jan.

Hi Jan, I do remember a post of yours on the 2008 thread about the difficulty and importance of your upcoming trip and I wasn't making the connection. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine your loss and hardships. I lost my father when he was 53, but the loss of your spouse is something that as I get older (51) scares the heck out of me more each day. I'm sure being sole parent is difficult, but I imagine having children that still need parenting helps you make it through each day as it comes. Take care friend :hug:

We are taking our 9 year old granddaughter (also named Maria...nice name, huh???) while her parents are taking care of Maria's newborn sibling (and our 2nd grandchild). The trip will be her Christmas present and we'll let her take a friend with her. We're really looking forward to the trip!

Backyardponder....I've added u to the roll call ! I'm sure you and Maria will have an awesome time at VB !

Still wondering how to configure the chair swap. I honestly highly respect starbox for her organizational skills ! I would assume my first step would be to contact VBR and ask manager if they are ok with us doing this.

Next....I'll have to look around for some good deals on chairs/umbrellas. If starbox is reading this, maybe they can tell me where they found the 2008 ones ? Did starbox have the companies she purchased the chairs from ship directly to VBR ???? Or did she have all the chairs and umbrellas come directly to her home and then ship them herself ??? Anyone know ?

Then, the 3rd step would be to start an official chair swap.

Next organize the groups........

PM everyone.......

It's a VERY BIG undertaking !!!!

I have to find a day where I have a couple days off from work because this will take some serious time. ;)

Backyardponder....I've added u to the roll call ! I'm sure you and Maria will have an awesome time at VB !

Still wondering how to configure the chair swap. I honestly highly respect starbox for her organizational skills ! I would assume my first step would be to contact VBR and ask manager if they are ok with us doing this.

Next....I'll have to look around for some good deals on chairs/umbrellas. If starbox is reading this, maybe they can tell me where they found the 2008 ones ? Did starbox have the companies she purchased the chairs from ship directly to VBR ???? Or did she have all the chairs and umbrellas come directly to her home and then ship them herself ??? Anyone know ?

Then, the 3rd step would be to start an official chair swap.

Next organize the groups........

PM everyone.......

It's a VERY BIG undertaking !!!!

I have to find a day where I have a couple days off from work because this will take some serious time. ;)

Maria, I would first contact VB resort. I think there was some things said about our last chair swap, and I thought I read that this would be the last year it could be done there.

We have scheduled our very first trip to Vero Beach for DH's February vacation -- Feb 15 to Feb 20. We will be in an OVIR and are really looking forward to relaxation and trying out places like Squid Lips and Captain Hirams. If we can help with the chair/umbrella exchange, we would be happy to lend our time.

After this trip we will have stayed at all the current DVCs:banana:

Maria, I would first contact VB resort. I think there was some things said about our last chair swap, and I thought I read that this would be the last year it could be done there.

Thanks BWV Dreamin. I will definitely start with calling and asking to speak to the manager.

dgaston....I have you added to the roll call. Looks like you'll be there the same time as Mahusky :)

Im joinin'. Just made the ressie for 4/25-5/3 OVIR. Only my second time there, the first was a week last aug with just me and the kids. When asked they chose Vero for next spring break instead of Disney. Not an issue for me, much more relaxing! I love it!

Thanks for all the :hug: & :love: everyone! Rob....CONGRATULATIONS on stopping smoking! I quit 12/13/1998!

My husband passed away suddenly on July 12th ...

His last words were "promise me that you will take the girls to Disney....and tell the girls that I love them."

Our first night at VBR my DD8 and I saw our first shooting star, she says it was her "DADDY" and I believe she was right, it was his way of saying that Disney was "OUR" special place

...this is the first time that I have told anyone these things and I feel much better. *even though it made me cry** :sad: By the way, my name is Jan.

Jan,

My heart aches for you...and I teared up reading your message.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter