The 10 BIG Changes That Are Coming to Walt Disney World

That's bizarre....planning the menus for my ADRs 60 days early so that Disney can turn tables over faster????????? Sheesh!
"Please quickly scan your MB for $200. I hope you enjoyed your enhanced quick-service+ dining experience. Nothing like eating and running. Gives you plenty of time to shop. Have a magical evening."

Adding a comment about #2 - "Even more advanced planning tools".

It's one thing to book your restaruants 180 days in advance...but to book your orders as well? That's too much. Plus, I'm the one that does all the planning and don't expect DH, and my kids to have to select what they want to eat 6 months down the road (and our kids don't even know about our trip yet at 2.5 months before)

Haha... Yeah, getting a kid to decide what they want to eat 6 months from now and expecting them to still want the same thing on that given day... just silly.

Especially given that if you don't book at midnight of the 60-day window of your ADR they might run out of potato skins fastpasses.

:rotfl2:

Seriously, I absolutely will not choose my meal before I get to the restaurant. That's completely absurd. I don't care how quickly they want to turn tables. 60 days in advance?? I don't even know what I want for dinner today let alone dinner 2 months from now.

Haven't they been talking about an international Soarin since it opened? Or is it "more confirmed" now?

Nevermind, just read the entire thread! Oups!

I definitely am going to have to agree with pp's on the "who cares about resorts" kinda thing. We don't need more hotel rooms, that just makes the park more crowded and people less satisfied, we need more attractions, refurbed attractions, or even a 5th gate (though that's a long way from happening, I would assume especially with shanghai on it's way in)

I'm excited to see what AK will expand to offer, AK's easily my top 2 favourite parks, I can already easily spend a whole day there, but to see thenighttime stuff will be awesome. I could not give a care in the world about Avatar thoguh.... :rolleyes:

I'm excited for Pandora but not that excited because who knows when it will actually get built.

I wonder if they will move the Frozen singalong into the AI building.

I'm on the fence about the nighttime safari and show at AK and disturbing the animals for even longer than they already are. I dunno. Can't worry about that I guess.

Who cares about any hotel update or addition...ditto for DTD

So yeah, not that much to get excited about IMO.

Disney has already broke ground on Pandora. Robo posted an overhead that shows the whole area has already been cleared.

One concept that seems certain to become a reality is the ability to book every single course of a meal in advance. Disney is already trialling this at the Be Our Guest restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, with guests being asked to select their entire meal right down to the beverage and dessert in advance of their visit.

What's the benefit? Well, potentially it will enable Disney to turn over tables much faster, making reservations at popular restaurants at least a little less difficult to come by.
Well, to quote Chris Farley, "Well whoopty freakin' doo!" Why would I want to do this? I haven't even decided what I'm making for dinner tonight, but I'm going to be excited to plan out each course of my meal months in advance? I'm going to know if I'm in a chicken or steak mood 60 days out? I'm going to be aware that my lunch will be sitting heavy so I would prefer the shrimp salad to the escargots? A person made a funny post a day or two ago about RR+ where Disney will soon allow us to book our rest room reservations 60 days in advance. It was funny. Now I'm not so sure it wasn't an ominous warning.

Is it me or does anyone else think the ship has sailed on the Avatar project??? It just doesn't seem relevant any longer.

Is it me or does anyone else think the ship has sailed on the Avatar project??? It just doesn't seem relevant any longer.

Agreed. Of course I'm still excited for it since it will be something new, but that movie feels like it was so long ago that I barely remember it.

I do not, as from what I can tell there are still 3 more movies for Avatar slated for 2016, 2017, and 2018 (at least according to IMDB).

And never underestimate the power of the nerd force...

One of the main arguments against AL is it is no longer relevant, no matter how many sequels James Cameron thinks he's going to make.

And never underestimate the power of the nerd force...

I'm not so sure Cameron has that behind them; I don't think the people who became infatuated with his movie fit in the geek culture scheme. I think they were more like the people who went to see his Titanic movie dozens of times and eventually moved on.

For a long time he assumed Avatar was going to have a following like Star Wars does, with lifetime fans and an "extended universe" of fiction behind it, but it never took off.

I'm not so sure Cameron has that behind them; I don't think the people who became infatuated with his movie fit in the geek culture scheme. I think they were more like the people who went to see his Titanic movie dozens of times and eventually moved on.

For a long time he assumed Avatar was going to have a following like Star Wars does, with lifetime fans and an "extended universe" of fiction behind it, but it never took off.

I do think that could still happen if the sequels get made and they license out EU type licenses. It is still young, and I think that if the 3 movies do get made in tandem with the new AL opening up there might be a symbiosis of sorts.

Regardless of any of that, whether the IP has a following or not, and even independent of it being an IP at all, it's still a pretty cool concept for a "land" in a theme park.

And now, JennaDeeDooDah's "10 BIG Things that NEED to Come to WDW"

10. Expansion of Disney's Hollywood Studios that will divide the parks into 5 sections: Hollywood Studios, Disney Studios, Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, and Lucas Studios. Rides will be brought over from Disneyland such as Mike and Sully to the Rescue, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Radiator Springs Racers, and Indiana Jones. There will also be a parachute ride based on UP, a roller coaster based on The Great Gonzo, and old favorites from Disney World past such as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Snow White's Scary Adventures. New restaurants will also be added based on the Pizza Planet in the movies, Remy's, the Star Wars Cantina, and Sweedish Chef's restaurant.

9. Expansion of Animal Kingdom to include Australia and Antarctica. Finding Nemo the musical will be sent to Australia. There will be a water ride based on the EAC and a zip line over the Australian rainforest. A child's ride based on bouncing with the kangaroos will also be here. In Antarctica, there will be many things based on Club Penguin as well as a bobsled style ride. There will be a children's play area that looks like a winter scene with icy slides and igloos to climb in and on.

8. Updates to Future World East. This will include reopening Wonders of Life with all of the old favorites (Body Wars, Cranium Command) and updating them. Ellen's Energy Adventure will be shortened and an interactive area at the end of the ride will be added. This will feature stationary bikes that you will ride to illuminate a lighbulb, as well as other energy sections to give people a better understanding of the amount of wind, solar, and nuclear energy needed for certain things. Horizons will also need to come back. We will add in skywalks with and without moving sidewalks to help people get from one side of Future World to the other.

7. The Odyssey will be reopened with a space theme. It will have a ceiling and walls that are similar to a planetarium. Food will all have a space theme such as "Rings of Saturn" rather than basic onion rings and "black hole dessert" rather than black forest cake. While parents wait for their table, their children can be entertained playing in the moonbounce as well as the climbing section that looks like the surface of the moon.

6. New additions to World Showcase! Hello Israel, Greece, and Spain!

5. The monorail will be expanded to include the other two parks as well as Downtown Disney.

4. Rooms at various resorts will be changed so that more than 4 people can rent a room. Families with 3, 4, and even more children can now stay in a "Standard" room rather than a DVC villa or somewhere offsite, if they so choose, at any of the resorts as they will now be able to accommodate that.

3. Updates on classic rides we all love such as Great Movie Ride and Jungle Cruise. We have the technology to make the audioanimatronics look better, so that's what is going to happen.

2. We vow to talk to the guests about their wants, needs, and desires prior to rolling anything new out that we have convinced ourselves that they really want. We will also not make them pay thousands of dollars to be the guinea pigs during the testing phase without first warning them.

1. Fast Pass+ Changes! (Come on; you knew this was coming) No longer do you make reservations 60 days out. Instead, starting 30 minutes before the park opens, you can start making Fast Pass+ selections from your computer, smart phone, or kiosk (clearly it will have to be computer or smart phone prior to park opening or your hotel concierge can help you with this). You will be allowed to have as many as FP+ out at a time, but will only get to book 3 initially. As soon as the window for your first FP+ opens up, you will be able to book a fourth FP+, regardless of whether or not you have scanned your magic band. You can make this selection from anywhere via your smart phone. You can see FP+ selections at other parks and book them as part of your 3 fast passes, in the even that you are intending to park hop. This works well for all people as those who don't wish to do rope drop can still monitor the fast pass times and collect them for the more popular rides prior to ever entering the park. Rope droppers will again see the benefit of arriving early as they can select fast passes for anytime during the day and monitor return times as they used to do with regular fast pass. Everyone wins here and no one is planning every last second of their vacation months in advance, unless they really want to.

I do think that could still happen if the sequels get made and they license out EU type licenses. It is still young, and I think that if the 3 movies do get made in tandem with the new AL opening up there might be a symbiosis of sorts.

Regardless of any of that, whether the IP has a following or not, and even independent of it being an IP at all, it's still a pretty cool concept for a "land" in a theme park.

Right. I was pretty eh about the movie, and initially upset they chose this as a new land. But I also concede that Cameron created a beautiful concept that could make a great addition to Disney regardless of how you feel about the movie.

If it's an awesome attraction, relevancy of the movie franchise itself won't matter.

... But I also concede that Cameron created a beautiful concept that could make a great addition to Disney regardless of how you feel about the movie.

If it's an awesome attraction, relevancy of the movie franchise itself won't matter.

Agreed, here.

I am really not liking the late night safari. It's really not fair to the animals to be disturbed all hours of the day and night.

The evening show would be okay as long as it is not over the top loud so the animals don't get spooked.

More Hotels and DVC? Boo!

And seriously??? Who in their right mind thinks it is a good idea to have people plan out what they are going to eat way in advance? I can't even imagine. I try to plan a weekly menu and we change our minds half way through the week. And like someone else said try getting your kids to pick out food that far in advance and then try to get them to eat what they picked out!

Disney needs to add something substantial. Universal has outpaced them in all areas the past several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!