Texas

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
We're in the eye of the storm. Cases are rising steadily and everyone I know is acting like nothing is wrong. My FB feed is full of friends and family going to the mall, out to eat, tubing the river in packs, backyard parties, bars, sports practice, you name it. No one has been wearing masks up until this week when Austin's mayor mandated them for businesses.

Our good friend is an ER doc and says his hospital is at it's limit as of today. Things are going to get a whole lot worse for our state.

I work remotely for a company that is part of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, and the emails we have been receiving this week are very different than any we have received previously, the tone has absolutely changed. The Med Center as a whole still has surge capacity but they are clearly anticipating a strain.

I work remotely for a company that is part of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, and the emails we have been receiving this week are very different than any we have received previously, the tone has absolutely changed. The Med Center as a whole still has surge capacity but they are clearly anticipating a strain.
My sister is an RN in the Houston Methodist hospital system and she is saying the same thing.

Yep....I'm in Arizona and we aren't doing well either.
County just put mandatory mask in effect......we'll see. People just aren't careful.
I'll be staying in .....even cut my own hair :eek: DD will hopefully straighten the back for me this weekend.

Stay safe everyone
I'll be cutting my own hair also. I watched a video where you gather it all up in a ponytail on your forehead like a unicorn to do an angled cut. We shall see.

It is so strange that some states are still in lockdown mode with a very cautious approach to slowly open. Then other states are just like, "we're open!" and are proceeding full throttle like the pandemic is over. I feel like the entire U.S. should have done the same thing instead of a state by state basis. Now some states are restricting other states from entering, and enforcing quarantines of out of staters, and it just feels messy. Could it have been done as a whole country instead of state by state?

I'll be cutting my own hair also. I watched a video where you gather it all up in a ponytail on your forehead like a unicorn to do an angled cut. We shall see.

My hair is shortish, so no pony tail on head. I've been growing out a pixie for a year so all the ends were weird from the feathering. Off they went
Good luck to you!

We're in the eye of the storm. Cases are rising steadily and everyone I know is acting like nothing is wrong. My FB feed is full of friends and family going to the mall, out to eat, tubing the river in packs, backyard parties, bars, sports practice, you name it. No one has been wearing masks up until this week when Austin's mayor mandated them for businesses.

Our good friend is an ER doc and says his hospital is at it's limit as of today. Things are going to get a whole lot worse for our state.

Sending you a big virtual hug. :hug: Hang tough and get through this. :(

It is so strange that some states are still in lockdown mode with a very cautious approach to slowly open. Then other states are just like, "we're open!" and are proceeding full throttle like the pandemic is over. I feel like the entire U.S. should have done the same thing instead of a state by state basis. Now some states are restricting other states from entering, and enforcing quarantines of out of staters, and it just feels messy. Could it have been done as a whole country instead of state by state?

POTUS had wanted each governor to handle their own state. That is why each state is doing something different. Comedian, Chris Rock said this is like 50 different countries now instead of one unified one.

POTUS had wanted each governor to handle their own state. That is why each state is doing something different. Comedian, Chris Rock said this is like 50 different countries now instead of one unified one.

Yes! That is what it feels like. It just seems very disorganized. Unless we all do the same thing, it feels like we won't ever get through this. It feels like a few kids in the class are acting up so the whole class stays in for recess.

Texas burst through the gate and never looked back. People used to wear masks in our neighborhood. Now, not a one. It's nuts.

Texas burst through the gate and never looked back. People used to wear masks in our neighborhood. Now, not a one. It's nuts.

They sure did LOL. I have a friend in TX and she was posting fb a couple of months ago saying the stay at home was lifted and she showed pictures of them in a restaurant. No social distancing, no masks (except for one server). It was business as usual. You would have thought the picture was from last summer. Then you have states that are ordered to wear masks and are opening very slowly. It is so weird to me. Why aren't we all doing the same thing?

Everyone was complaining about our governor in Pennsylvania because they watched the numbers and opened the counties a few at a time (our county is currently in the yellow phase with not a lot open but we are going green on Friday at midnight....we can finally get a haircut!!) but I applaud him for what he has done because our numbers have decreased considerably. Better to be safe than sorry. My husband's cousin lives in Georgetown and usually comes up to Pennsylvania for the summer to her lake cottage but decided to stay put in Texas because things weren't looking good for the east coast states in March and April but now she is regretting their decision to stay in Texas with the numbers rising.

Yep....I'm in Arizona and we aren't doing well either.
County just put mandatory mask in effect......we'll see. People just aren't careful.
I'll be staying in .....even cut my own hair :eek: DD will hopefully straighten the back for me this weekend.

Stay safe everyone

Went to Chipotle for lunch today in AZ. And I’m still seeing people not wearing masks in line. We’re screwed.

Everyone was complaining about our governor in Pennsylvania because they watched the numbers and opened the counties a few at a time (our county is currently in the yellow phase with not a lot open but we are going green on Friday at midnight....we can finally get a haircut!!) but I applaud him for what he has done because our numbers have decreased considerably. Better to be safe than sorry. My husband's cousin lives in Georgetown and usually comes up to Pennsylvania for the summer to her lake cottage but decided to stay put in Texas because things weren't looking good for the east coast states in March and April but now she is regretting their decision to stay in Texas with the numbers rising.
Georgetown numbers are rising. They are in Williamson county which is just a free-for-all right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter