Terrible weekend :( Sad Update (post#104)

The consultant has advised that my dad should not be resuscitated if his heart fails again.:sad1: He is not responding to the treatment given.

We have been called in tomorrow for a meeting with the consultant following his latest CT scan. I know that they are going to break bad news to us. The worse thing is that in his moments of lucidity, I am sure he knows what is happening to him. I made him laugh today - somewhere in his failing body, my dad is still there. It is breaking my heart.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

The consultant has advised that my dad should not be resuscitated if his heart fails again.:sad1: He is not responding to the treatment given.

We have been called in tomorrow for a meeting with the consultant following his latest CT scan. I know that they are going to break bad news to us. The worse thing is that in his moments of lucidity, I am sure he knows what is happening to him. I made him laugh today - somewhere in his failing body, my dad is still there. It is breaking my heart.

I really feel for you. My dad passed away in May and I am sure, like you that he was with us right up until the end. He knew he was dying but he still responded when we said that we loved him and stroked his hand. It was only a little gasp, but it was there. Lets hope that a miracle happens with your dad. Sending you magor hugs:grouphug::grouphug:

Tina

I saw the consultant today and the news was not good. He said that my Dad's latest CT scan showed significant deterioration. His brain is still swelling and there is nothing they can do. If the swelling continues, he will eventually slip into a coma and stop breathing. It could however stop swelling, in which case he could make a limited recovery - it is totally unpredictable at this stage.

I don't care what anyone says, I agree with Tina (Jets Fan) - I know he understands everything that is going on - so I am going to keep talking to him and holding his hand. I made him laugh again today and the nurse said he was all smiles when she told him I was coming in. :)

Thank you for all of your support over this last week. It means more than I can say.

I am sure he knows you are there with him. :hug:

Hugs to you & your dad. :grouphug:

:sad1:aww hun that really is upsetting news is there any hope at all for your dad getting better sending my love to you and your family

Sending all my love and really do hope that the swelling does stop x x x
Take care x x x

:hug:sorry to hear your sads news Juliette, stay strong, your dad will be comforted that you're there with him, :hug:

Always reading here since my relatives are on here.....
My 55 year old friend had encyphalitis (sp?) 2 years ago, in ICU for 5 days , was admitted to the hospital as he was desorientated, didn't know who anyone was, etc. Today, we were just putting in a garden! Always always hope! His was mosquito related, West Nile induced.

Well, talk about a rollercoaster. Today my Dad was sitting up and trying to talk. I asked him how he felt and he replied, 'knackered' which I took to be a sign he was getting back to his old self.;) He told me he had a pain in his side and was able to keep focussed and communicative for about 15 minutes in total.:banana:

I can't believe how he keeps fighting back. Keep sending him :wizard:

Well, it looks like all the :wizard::wizard::wizard: that has been sent is starting to do the trick. My Dad has been moved from the Coronary Care Unit because he has improved. Apparently he asked if he could have a wash this morning. That sounds just like my Dad - he is always so clean and tidy.:)

I know that he has a long way to go, but now I am thinking about when he gets better and not if he gets better. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments.:goodvibes

That is fab news Juliette.

I will keep sending positive thoughts & tons of pixie dust your way. :hug:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

What fab news hun :hug: What a fighter your Dad is :)

Sending lots more pixie dust your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter