Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Jim, we see on the news that you may have lots of flooding. Hope you are safe and minimal damage. We could use some rain here in Wisconsin. Sold our camper, but are spending a week in the Cabins in October. Take care, and hi to Donna, and Ian. Barb & Bill

Barb,

We have a front stalled over us that is training the storms. One area in the west part of the metro has had over 10 inches. Not sure how much we have had here, but the flooding is confined to the low lying areas and those around the small streams/creeks. The news always make it look like the entire region is under water, but it is confined to the places we know will flood whenever it rains hard.

We have been getting just enough rain at the right time to keep the crops looking good. Corn and beans are all doing fine around us.

Have fun at the cabins!

j

57F this morning in central Alabama. First morning below 60F since spring so fall is here in my book.

ED

Rain this morning, then, sunshine, then rain, the sun ultimately came out and looks like it will be out all day.

Well, I'm sitting with a sweatshirt and blanket on. Not sure why we can't have a nicer transition between seasons. Same thing happens with winter into spring. It's just HOT or cold where I am.

I will say it was beautiful 2 days ago. 70s and sunny.

25 degree drop from Wednesday to Thursday (high of 95 to 70 yesterday) and 10 more degree drop today. It's 60 right now. Supposed to be back up to 85 tomorrow. Back on the Spring/Fall roller coaster.

@Stratman50th - Dust off your pontoons. You may need them next week. I'm keeping a close watch since Boyd's looks to be right in the bullseye. Still really early though.

j

25 degree drop from Wednesday to Thursday (high of 95 to 70 yesterday) and 10 more degree drop today. It's 60 right now. Supposed to be back up to 85 tomorrow. Back on the Spring/Fall roller coaster.

@Stratman50th - Dust off your pontoons. You may need them next week. I'm keeping a close watch since Boyd's looks to be right in the bullseye. Still really early though.

j
I'm ready Jim. Got a full tank of water, and a full tank of diesel. We have 3 cases of bottled water. Need to stock up on food. Long extension cord to plug in the inside fridge to the bus. Oh yeah, fingers crossed too!

j
I called our friends in Swansboro, NC and booked the week there as a backup. I hope I don't need it, but nice to have something, just in case.

Fingers crossed.

j

We were the same up here, Denise. 39 this morning on the way to work. The high may not break 70. Looks like it is time to winterize the pool. I was in the first week of October that last 2 years. Not likely this year.

j

TN
32 now, we got our first frost. It was unexpected as the low was suppose to be 39. I hope my plants make it through. High of 69.
We haven't had rain in a long time. Chance of rain on Thursday. (fingers crossed)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter