Tell me the "weather" where you live.

And just like that, it is Summer in St Louis. The humidity is sky high. Heat indexes are in the 110 range. Supposed to be over 100 (actual temp) until Friday.

20220613_164828_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

That is warm!!! I don't think it ever gets this hot here EVER. I don't think my body could handle that type of weather.
People don't believe me when I would say StL is hotter in the summer than Disney World. June/July/August is often just as hot or hotter with the same humidity. We just don't get the afternoon showers.

We definitely get the extremes. Below 0 in the Winter and this loveliness in the Summer.

j

And just like that, it is Summer in St Louis. The humidity is sky high. Heat indexes are in the 110 range. Supposed to be over 100 (actual temp) until Friday.

View attachment 676031

j
I was just going to post this - to dang humid broke a 69 year old record today for warmest morning in June and chances real good we will do it again tomorrow - going to be hot until November 🔥🔥

4.30pm ('hottest time of the day') and it's 77 degrees, 23% humidity with a light breeze. Two days ago the high was 97 with 13% humidity and a strong dry wind.

We have our pastures and other non-irrigated areas mowed down to the nubs in preparation for this summer's fire season. 'Summer fire season', lol. After the last couple of years 'fire season' is now all year round.

People don't believe me when I would say StL is hotter in the summer than Disney World. June/July/August is often just as hot or hotter with the same humidity. We just don't get the afternoon showers.

We definitely get the extremes. Below 0 in the Winter and this loveliness in the Summer.

j
Well, I believe you because MD was the same. Just not as many months. I was going to post mine. 102° but we had 37% humidity.

Well, I believe you because MD was the same. Just not as many months. I was going to post mine. 102° but we had 37% humidity.
Ha Don,

I thought you were going to ask if this was in the sun. It's not. My boss is from Baltimore. Came from Johns Hopkins about 5 years ago. I asked him how the weather was in Baltimore. He said the same average temp but none of the extremes. He was pretty miserable the first winter when we had a week long stretch with the highs in the single digits. He is about 5'6" and weighs about 130 lbs. Told him he needs to build up a little insulation.

The humidity on the outdoor station is way off. The news said it was around 70%.

j

1655218784815.png

More yesterday then today, today still have a 5-6 degree heat index but 80's for a high till Friday when its high octane (93+)

That's impressive. Even for Forida.

j
Central Florida is hot Jim. No sea breeze in this far. But the humidity is usually not too high here like on the coasts. Disney is hot because of all that concrete. AK is hot and humid from all that foliage. Fun fact though. Gets really humid overnight then burns off during the day. Rinse and repeat.

It's funny. I've been coming to Disney and a lot of the Florida coast in the summer for a long time and I don't remember it ever being over 100. 98 several times. That makes sense along the coast and the higher humudity makes it hard to get super hot. Other than Disney, I haven't spent any time in central FL away from the coasts. Something else to consider when looking for a place.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter