Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Looks like I picked the wrong month to head south. January here was very "average" with highs in the mid 30s to low 40s all month. I'm back 1 week and we hit the deep freeze. Today was in the low 40s, but windy.

Here's the forecast for the next 2 weeks. Looks like today was the last day above freezing until the 17th. I know this isn't that bad to my friends to the north, but this is way too cold for me.

j

Looks like I picked the wrong month to head south. January here was very "average" with highs in the mid 30s to low 40s all month. I'm back 1 week and we hit the deep freeze. Today was in the low 40s, but windy.

Here's the forecast for the next 2 weeks. Looks like today was the last day above freezing until the 17th. I know this isn't that bad to my friends to the north, but this is way too cold for me.

View attachment 554479

j

Yes, you might of picked wrong time.

Panic is breaking out! Literally this is 6 days away and they are saying 60% chance freezing rain in 6 days.
Screenshot_20210205-215439_NOAA Weather Free.jpg

Folks are already wigging out.

That far out i bet its 60 and thunderstorms.

PA currently snowing, forecast is for 1 to 3 inches. Last storm the large Nor'Easter managed to slide the largest snow north and east of us, so we got about 8-10 inches last week. Temps were up this past week so a lot of melting had occurred. Snow fall predicted later in the week again, see what happens.

9:30 in the morning and it is still single digits. This is the view out my kitchen window looking at the pool. It faces north. The usual pic I post is facing south and is in the sun this time of the morning. It is reading 16.

I know many of you further north are below 0. Let's see those pics Joe, Jack, Barb. My friends on the Outer Banks didn't think it got this cold in the Midwest. :o

20210207_093611_copy_1134x2016.jpg

j

Michael,

When I was in NC, the local news was calling your Friday and Saturday forecast "frigid". Donna and I laughed out loud when we heard it. Enjoy your week of Winter. We are heading to Miami the last weekend in March because it will still be "frigid" here.

j

It was Hallmark snowfall as my wife put it. Very picturesque kind of snow. It’s up above freezing now and down to 20 tonight. I been building my list of stiff for the RV when March gets here and I can start camping again.

Michael,

When I was in NC, the local news was calling your Friday and Saturday forecast "frigid". Donna and I laughed out loud when we heard it. Enjoy your week of Winter. We are heading to Miami the last weekend in March because it will still be "frigid" here.

j

Ha! I can see where folks further north would find that funny. I'll take it though. Spring is just around the corner for us!

Didn't think to take a pic - but the truck read -9 on my way into church this morning. Headed home at noon it had shifted to a balmy 0 degrees!

I haven't seen temps that cold here since my high school days of working in the frozen foods section of Winn Dixie!

It was Hallmark snowfall as my wife put it. Very picturesque kind of snow. It’s up above freezing now and down to 20 tonight. I been building my list of stiff for the RV when March gets here and I can start camping again.

Glad I am not the only one working on their camping list.

I'm working on my camping list also,,,, at least everything I can do indoors. Got up to 6 degrees today:cold:

I have heard that cold:cold: is on it's way here for next week. We are also in line for a few possible storms. We have had enough. Let's get warm :beach:
and go camping. :drive:

Getting a slight warm spell. 19 this morning, but we are supposed to get another hit of snow this afternoon. Only expecting an inch or 2.

20210208_080705_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Had a little friend come to visit. I guess they are trying to fill up before the snow covers things again. One of the things I like about having an office with a window.

20210208_090624.jpg

The weather people have already started the count of days below freezing (where the high for the day is below 32). Last year was mild. The longest stretch was only 5 days. Two years ago was 14, a long stretch. They are saying the next 2 weeks may break that.

They do the same in the Summer with days over 100.

Gotta love living in the Midwest.

j

We received our dusting to an inch or so last night. Just enough to make things a little messy. And it still isn't warm. Day 4 of being below freezing.

20210209_075716.jpg

And I caught the neighbor out walking his mini cow. I didn't know Holsteins came that small. Must be some sort of genetic modification.

20210209_075807_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter