Tell me about your Walt's Main Street Story Tour experiences

ThreeMountains

Mouseketeer
I'm curious about anyone's experiences with this tour. I'm right on the edge of booking it but have read somewhat mixed reviews. It lists it as a 90-minute experience, but I've heard people say theirs was significantly shorter than that, especially the non-apartment aspect of it. I get that I'm basically paying $160 to see Walt's Disneyland apartment, but the stories and history on Main Street are a big part of the draw for me, as well.

So if you've done this tour, please let me know all about it. How long was it? Did you get a lot of history? Did you feel like you were basically just paying for the apartment visit or was there plenty more to make it worth the cost? The fact that you're not allowed to take any photos in his apartment puts a damper on it, as well, since the apartment visit is the primary reason anyone would spend so much and I would be there by myself, so unable to "experience the magic" with family or friends.

Any info is appreciated, as it's enough money that it could instead go toward a hotel upgrade, a few nice meals, some quality merch I wouldn't typically spend the money on, or something else.

I'm curious about anyone's experiences with this tour. I'm right on the edge of booking it but have read somewhat mixed reviews. It lists it as a 90-minute experience, but I've heard people say theirs was significantly shorter than that, especially the non-apartment aspect of it. I get that I'm basically paying $160 to see Walt's Disneyland apartment, but the stories and history on Main Street are a big part of the draw for me, as well.

So if you've done this tour, please let me know all about it. How long was it? Did you get a lot of history? Did you feel like you were basically just paying for the apartment visit or was there plenty more to make it worth the cost? The fact that you're not allowed to take any photos in his apartment puts a damper on it, as well, since the apartment visit is the primary reason anyone would spend so much and I would be there by myself, so unable to "experience the magic" with family or friends.

Any info is appreciated, as it's enough money that it could instead go toward a hotel upgrade, a few nice meals, some quality merch I wouldn't typically spend the money on, or something else.
I went on this tour on my solo trip. My tour was 90 minutes. The guide was excellent and yes you got a lot of history on the Main Street tour even before you got to Walt's apartment. The Disneyland photographer will take your pics in Walt's apartment and then send it your Disneyland app on your phone so you can access the picture there. The tour was very nice and I liked it. Being a solo traveler in August 2023, it broke up my day. FYI: I was not the only solo traveler on the tour. I was one of 3. The refreshments on the patio were nice and I got to talk to other tour members and the guide. I enjoyed it and I think you will too.

I went on this tour on my solo trip. My tour was 90 minutes. The guide was excellent and yes you got a lot of history on the Main Street tour even before you got to Walt's apartment. The Disneyland photographer will take your pics in Walt's apartment and then send it your Disneyland app on your phone so you can access the picture there. The tour was very nice and I liked it. Being a solo traveler in August 2023, it broke up my day. FYI: I was not the only solo traveler on the tour. I was one of 3. The refreshments on the patio were nice and I got to talk to other tour members and the guide. I enjoyed it and I think you will too.
Thanks so much for the info! It's definitely steering me toward booking the tour for my trip. It doesn't appear it fills up or sells out quickly, so I may just keep an eye on it and book the day before or day of depending on how I'm feeling, as long as the times don't start showing unavailable before then.

Thanks so much for the info! It's definitely steering me toward booking the tour for my trip. It doesn't appear it fills up or sells out quickly, so I may just keep an eye on it and book the day before or day of depending on how I'm feeling, as long as the times don't start showing unavailable before then.
The tours do not sell out usually. If you use a Disney Visa you get a 10% off discount on Disneyland Tours. Keep an eye on the availability. Enjoy your trip and the tour!

My husband and I did it last January. It was 90 min, I think about 30 on main street, 30 in apartment, and 30 on the patio afterwards. It was really fun and I enjoyed the hx and getting the photopass pictures in the apartment, but it was definitely a one and done for us. Probably not worth the $160 in my opinion, but we had one shot at a no kids trip and that was our moment and I'm not sad we did it.

We did it a few years ago and we found it so worth it just to be in the apartment and hear the stories. The tour didn't give us any new info. And it included a lunch at the time.

When we went we didn't have a photopass photographer with us but a CM took pics with our phone. I would have loved having a photopass pic, they always take such good pics! :-)

Great feedback, thanks! I believe I'll stick with my plan to keep an eye on availability during my trip (sounds like they don't sell out but still worth keeping an eye on), then likely booking the morning I decide to do it. It's just on the edge of appealing to me based on the extremely high price, but it's likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to see Walt's original DL apartment in person, so I think I'd eventually regret not doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter