Teens & Wisdom Teeth Removal

My daughter got hers done at 18. I wanted to avoid my mistake (waited until 30 and only one had ever "tried" to poke through). Roots were so tangled in the nerves, etc. It was a long and complicated removal over 4 hours (all of my teeth had 3 roots instead of 2 too lol). My oral surgeon said much better to do while they are younger.

Dd got hers out in April, a few weeks before she turned 17. Oral surgeon said she'd need it done before Christmas this year or it would be more complicated (it was already a difficult procedure). She's so glad to have it over with since most of her friends still have to have theirs removed.

I don't have kids of my own, so I can't comment on the parent perspective. However, from my own experience, I was 19 when my wisdom teeth were pulled, a month or so before I turned 20. I only grew three wisdom teeth (two top, one bottom). The two on the top were longer than the rest of my upper teeth, so they were throwing my bite off. The one on the bottom was impacted, and pushing in to the tooth next to it. That one was very painful. My dentist referred me to an amazing oral surgeon, and I haven't had any problems since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!