TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

QOTD Thursday, March 24--Do you have a goal for the last 8 weeks of the challenge? Have you had to re-evalutate your goals since the challenge started? If you are struggling, can you list some of your successes so far?

have i had to re-evaluate my goals? lol. you could say that ;)

but you know, i guess not really. my first goal really was to be 135 by the time i went to hawaii in may. on saturday i was 135 (also what i weighed at my wedding). so i'm happy about that. and you know, the goals ultimately really remain the same - eat healthy and exercise. sure, i may not see 130 anytime soon but i will still need to work to maintain and supposedly you're only really supposed to gain 3 lbs in the first trimester. with thomas i think i gained a ton in the beginning b/c i went CRAZY with food.

I have been struggling this challenge. Far too many stresses in my life have not only thrown off my eating and exercise or lack there of, but also my housework. I am trying to gain control of things again and I know that finding a good job will go a long way.

Speaking of stress. After speaking with our pediatrician today she suggested or rather insisted that I talk to Hunter's neurologist about some personality and grade changes that we've noticed. They have now scheduled an MRI for April 13. Hopefully his changes are not tumor related, but we need to be sure. We will also be completing ADHD evaluations as well as asking his teachers to do the same. I guess ignoring things wasn't the best strategy, but it was keeping me sane.

yes, that really sounds like a big stressor and totally a reason that i'd wind up eating alot. i hope all the tests work out to your and your guy's benefit. will be thinking of you.

My successes:

I went 63 days with no soda
I've dropped a pant size
I have more energy
I'm working out 4 to 5 days a week

sounds like some pretty awesome successes to me! way to go!

Dining ressies for our trip (yes I made some even though we won't be there long) :lmao:

Saturday Lunch: Captain Jack's
Saturday Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (DTD)

Sunday Lunch: Tony's (MK)
Sunday Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

i've never eaten at captain jack's or tony's - you'll have to give us a dining report!!! in january we had an early dinner at liberty tree tavern. there were 8 of us including my toddler, an 11 year old, 9, and 7 year old. it was the quietest meal i've even experienced because we all were too busy stuffing our faces. enjoy!!!

Rose - Thanks to you also for keeping the whole thing going!

yes! thanks rose!!!!

another nasty day here in the bronx. i'm about to make thomas his breakfast and get ready to go teach our mommy and me class. this is the HARD class because there are SO many kids in the class and not as many parents: a set of triplets, a set of twins with a younger one barely a year younger, another set of twins, and two other sibling sets. it's CRAZY! cute, but crazy :)

i have to go food shopping today which i really hate doing. we have nothing in the house though which is never good when trying to eat healthy because the chinese delivery is just so much easier then!

have a great day everyone!!

Deb, Just wanted you to know that I am holding Hunter in my prayers! :love:
I know dealing with a child's illness/issues is all too scary.

Dave, I am sooo looking forward to your pics! Are you posting them here or on the BIG thread?

QOTD: I am 1/2 LB from my overall goal!! :banana: When I started, Ihad no idea how I was going to do this! I really have my eating under control for the first time in my life I think! To top it off DH and DS are eating well too!

My other win...I gave up soda. Never thought about doing this, but with the healthy eating, I just did it! Well, that and a little help from God! :rotfl2: I decided to give it up for Lent. With my new Healthy Habits it was easier than I thought and I definitely think, it is a habit I will maintain!!

I have a shoulder issue. I had an MRI this week and have no major damage, so I am seeing the chiropractor. That means I need to reevaluate my exercise plans now! So this is a perfect time for me to make a new commitment. Tomorrow at my appt, I will talk to him about what I can and cannot do with my arm.

Rose, I like your Push Up Goal! I have always done girl push ups ( and I admit I do wall push ups in the shower, I know weird isn't it?), but I find regular push ups so challenging!!

My next weight Goal is to lose 15 lbs by June 11. I leave June 12 to go to Hilton Head then on a cruise with my best Girlfriend!

Have a great Day everyone!! :cool1:

Deb, Just wanted you to know that I am holding Hunter in my prayers! :love:
I know dealing with a child's illness/issues is all too scary.

Dave, I am sooo looking forward to your pics! Are you posting them here or on the BIG thread?

QOTD: I am 1/2 LB from my overall goal!! :banana: When I started, Ihad no idea how I was going to do this! I really have my eating under control for the first time in my life I think! To top it off DH and DS are eating well too!

My other win...I gave up soda. Never thought about doing this, but with the healthy eating, I just did it! Well, that and a little help from God! :rotfl2: I decided to give it up for Lent. With my new Healthy Habits it was easier than I thought and I definitely think, it is a habit I will maintain!!

I have a shoulder issue. I had an MRI this week and have no major damage, so I am seeing the chiropractor. That means I need to reevaluate my exercise plans now! So this is a perfect time for me to make a new commitment. Tomorrow at my appt, I will talk to him about what I can and cannot do with my arm.

Rose, I like your Push Up Goal! I have always done girl push ups ( and I admit I do wall push ups in the shower, I know weird isn't it?), but I find regular push ups so challenging!!

My next weight Goal is to lose 15 lbs by June 11. I leave June 12 to go to Hilton Head then on a cruise with my best Girlfriend!

Great job on the weight loss, reaching goals and giving up soda:worship: I hope the chiropractor can give you ideas about what you can and can't do with your shoulder. Have you tried swimming. Great for range of motion without putting a lot of stress on the joint

QOTD Thursday, March 24--Do you have a goal for the last 8 weeks of the challenge? Have you had to re-evaluated your goals since the challenge started? If you are struggling, can you list some of your successes so far?

My goal is to continue my Weight Teachers eating plan and the P90X workouts. I purchased the P90X "One on One" series and I am looking forward to trying those.

My weight goal comes in 20 pound increments and I am almost at 250 pounds. I want to be 230 pounds for my Haiti trip in July and I should have no problems, as long as I stay out of the way of my success. Did that make sense?

Dave

Congratulations to all of our losers!! :woohoo: :worship:

Deb - I am keeping Hunter in my prayers.

Dave - You are doing so great!

Rose - You wouldn't believe how much I think of you and hope for a complete, quick recovery for your knee.

I didn't get to WW this morning but will go to a meeting and weigh-in on Saturday. I have been doing pretty well staying on plan. I just have to cook a bunch of protein items this weekend to have at hand for packed lunches and quick dinners. We were in the mall last night until 9:30 after a long day and an evening meeting. I was able to restrain myself and buy only a Chick Fil-a grilled chicken sandwich for my dinner. I said to Howard "I am so happy that something so delicious and satisfying is so WW points friendly." :) Then I went home and exercised and only ate a few pretzels. Nighttime eating is my worst habit so it feels really good to have that under control.

This is way out of my comfort zone but I promised and a lot of the success is due to my teammates on Team Mickey. I have had a lot of fun working with you all and much of my success is due to the fact I did not want to let down my mates.

So here are the before and after photos of my Weight Watchers/P90X system:

Day one
WW started on December 16, 2010
P90X started on January 1, 2011
Weight was 296.6 pounds
Waist was 47.5"
Chest was 50"
P90XDay1FrontFlex.jpg

Day 90
Weight 252.6 pounds (unofficial)
Waist is 43"
Chest is 46"
P90XDay90.jpg

Thanks again for all of your support. I look forward to joining with Team Donald next month as we continue our battle.

So what are my plans after next week is done? I am going to Disney World and gain it all back!!!:cool1:

Dave

This is way out of my comfort zone but I promised and a lot of the success is due to my teammates on Team Mickey. I have had a lot of fun working with you all and much of my success is due to the fact I did not want to let down my mates.

Day one
Weight was 296.6 pounds
Waist was 47.5"
Chest was 50"
P90XDay1FrontFlex.jpg

Day 90
Waist is 43"
Chest is 46"
P90XDay90.jpg

Thanks again for all of your support. I look forward to joining with Team Donald next month as we continue our battle.

So what are my plans after next week is done? I am going to Disney World and gain it all back!!!:cool1:

Dave

now THAT is AMAZING! you go Dave! what an inspiration! absolutely love your before and after. thank you so much for sharing this.

and, no, you are NOT going to gain it back. but you DO deserve an ice cream and margarita..or 12. :):woohoo:

I will post them for Team Mickey teammates. So be warned.

DAVE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!! and really, I wanted to say that before I saw your pics too! I admire you in so many ways. You are a very kind man! But WOWIE what a change!!!! :cheer2:

Okay now that I read that back maybe it came on a bit strong, but really, he is seems like such a good guy!!!!!

UGH!!!! My right big toe is KILLING ME!!!!! It started hurting in the middle of work today. I ended up with 3 clients today as one walked in at the last minute for a hot stone massage. I had a protein bar for lunch really quickly before starting her massage. I came home and had a handful of M&Ms as I've eaten hardly anything today.

I need to pack tonight and figure out how to bind Ash's poetry books and also get her to finish her room. I've asked Brian to do the dump run! I've loaded up the car for him and opened the windows.

I'm exhausted and feel like whining! I may just need a drink tonight! Probably won't be able to work out this weekend unless my toe stops hurting!

UGH!!!!

Done whining for now!

TTFN :tigger:

Day one
Weight was 296.6 pounds
Waist was 47.5"
Chest was 50"
P90XDay1FrontFlex.jpg

Day 90
Waist is 43"
Chest is 46"
P90XDay90.jpg

Dave

Holy moly thats amazing! Besides just shrinking your entire body shape has changed. Great job.

Congrats on almost reaching your goal!

Day one
Weight was 296.6 pounds
Waist was 47.5"
Chest was 50"
P90XDay1FrontFlex.jpg

Day 90
Waist is 43"
Chest is 46"
P90XDay90.jpg

Dave

You look fantastic! Thanks so much for posting.

I have been struggling this challenge. Far too many stresses in my life have not only thrown off my eating and exercise or lack there of, but also my housework. I am trying to gain control of things again and I know that finding a good job will go a long way.

Speaking of stress. After speaking with our pediatrician today she suggested or rather insisted that I talk to Hunter's neurologist about some personality and grade changes that we've noticed. They have now scheduled an MRI for April 13. Hopefully his changes are not tumor related, but we need to be sure. We will also be completing ADHD evaluations as well as asking his teachers to do the same. I guess ignoring things wasn't the best strategy, but it was keeping me sane.

I hope everything is well with your son.

QOTD Thursday, March 24--Do you have a goal for the last 8 weeks of the challenge? Have you had to re-evalutate your goals since the challenge started? If you are struggling, can you list some of your successes so far?

I honestly don't even remember what my original goal was? I believe it was to lose 20 pounds. If that's the case then I truly have some re-evaluating to do. I've only lost 5 and I keep losing and gaining the same 2 to 3 pounds.

My successes:

I went 63 days with no soda
I've dropped a pant size
I have more energy
I'm working out 4 to 5 days a week

You are doing great! Have fun at WDW, I'm so jealous!

so...speaking of stress....you could say that i've had a big shock this week. you know that i recently finished the princess half and had signed up for the full marathon in january. i was BL two weeks in a row. i was really close to goal weight and looking forward to my maui vacation and having lots of fruity drinks on the beach. well you know that expression "life happens when you're busy making plans" ?? yeah, well, apparently it holds true for me because on sunday after a weekend of feeling like major poo i sent DH out to CVS for me and ....i'm pregnant.

yep. i was at my mini goal weight for ONE day before finding out i'm pregnant. i wasn't sure i wanted another. and certainly not now, not before i got to my goal weight, before i ran a marathon, before vacation, before the summer where i could enjoy my beers on the stoop with family and friends. i never thought i'd get pg without fertility aids again.

i don't know what this means for the BL competition. i hope that i can still follow along and post here. i'm really enjoying getting to know everyone on here. AND, soon enough i'll be needing to start all over again with losing the baby weight! i am hoping that staying on this BL thread will help me make better choices during this pregnancy. i made the big mistake last time of eating nonstop and it really bit me in the butt in the long term.

xoxo

Nancy! I hope you stick around. Congratulations! I completely understand it being a shocker. Please don't feel guilty for needing to process this. My first child was so much more work than my second, he wouldn't sleep very much (gave up naps at 18 months) and had to be constantly entertained. I wasn't sure how much more of this I wanted. My second child came into the world after much stress and 5 months of bed rest, but ended up being much easier to put down for naps, wean, etc. I can't imagine not having either one of them in my life and enjoy them so much every day. But I am also so glad that part of my life is behind me!

Rose-I love Zumba! I've been going for 2 years. There is 1 favorite instructor at our rec center and 2 that everyone avoids. I made a deal with myself that I would stick out a class no matter who the teacher ends up being (this has happened a few times). A new instructor started this month, I'll have to find out if she is any good. I really hope your knee feels better and you can run the derby half (preferably in a funny hat).

I thought I'd say hello before the merge tomorrow. After my long run on Sunday (and walking around the zoo), my knee was hurting a little. Just a twinge now and again. I started icing and took 2 days off. I think its my shoes. I got new inserts and just went out for an easy walk yesterday and there was no pain. Its hard to take it easy right now, I'm showing a gain because of TOM (I know its water, but still!) and I am at the point where I quit the last time. I just can't wait to push through these next couple of pounds so I can stop worrying I'll never lose another pound again. I'll see everyone on the new thread soon!

Rose - Thanks to you also for keeping the whole thing going!
My pleasure.:goodvibes

but you know, i guess not really. my first goal really was to be 135 by the time i went to hawaii in may. on saturday i was 135 (also what i weighed at my wedding). so i'm happy about that. and you know, the goals ultimately really remain the same - eat healthy and exercise. sure, i may not see 130 anytime soon but i will still need to work to maintain and supposedly you're only really supposed to gain 3 lbs in the first trimester. with thomas i think i gained a ton in the beginning b/c i went CRAZY with food.

have a great day everyone!!
I think you can apply a lot of the same things to pregnancy that you do weight loss. You still should be in a calorie range. You should be drinking your water, getting your exercise and making healthy food choices. So, I think you are right, your goals really probably shouldn't change too much.:goodvibes

Great job on your goals! I hope the mri goes well. I am a big fan of the sports chiropractor I am seeing. I think he has a really good grasp of the NEED to exercise and the need to recover. I have been wanting to do full push-ups for a long time now! I am up to 5. I am just not consistent with doing them. I can do tons of girl push ups.

My goal is to continue my Weight Teachers eating plan and the P90X workouts. I purchased the P90X "One on One" series and I am looking forward to trying those.

My weight goal comes in 20 pound increments and I am almost at 250 pounds. I want to be 230 pounds for my Haiti trip in July and I should have no problems, as long as I stay out of the way of my success. Did that make sense?

Dave
Great goals Dave! And I thought the bolded part made total sense. The pictures were great too! You must be so pleased!

I wanted to take a minute before we merge to tell you and Matt that it's been nice having guys around. We have had guys do the challenge before, but they didn't post much. Anyhow, I hope you will both make the move when we merge.:goodvibes

Rose - You wouldn't believe how much I think of you and hope for a complete, quick recovery for your knee.

I didn't get to WW this morning but will go to a meeting and weigh-in on Saturday. I have been doing pretty well staying on plan. I just have to cook a bunch of protein items this weekend to have at hand for packed lunches and quick dinners. We were in the mall last night until 9:30 after a long day and an evening meeting. I was able to restrain myself and buy only a Chick Fil-a grilled chicken sandwich for my dinner. I said to Howard "I am so happy that something so delicious and satisfying is so WW points friendly." :) Then I went home and exercised and only ate a few pretzels. Nighttime eating is my worst habit so it feels really good to have that under control.
Thank you Cam for saying that. :goodvibes Great job at the mall!

now THAT is AMAZING! you go Dave! what an inspiration! absolutely love your before and after. thank you so much for sharing this.

and, no, you are NOT going to gain it back. but you DO deserve an ice cream and margarita..or 12. :):woohoo:
ITA! :)

UGH!!!! My right big toe is KILLING ME!!!!! It started hurting in the middle of work today. I ended up with 3 clients today as one walked in at the last minute for a hot stone massage. I had a protein bar for lunch really quickly before starting her massage. I came home and had a handful of M&Ms as I've eaten hardly anything today.

I need to pack tonight and figure out how to bind Ash's poetry books and also get her to finish her room. I've asked Brian to do the dump run! I've loaded up the car for him and opened the windows.

I'm exhausted and feel like whining! I may just need a drink tonight! Probably won't be able to work out this weekend unless my toe stops hurting!

UGH!!!!

Done whining for now!

TTFN :tigger:
Tracey--whine away anytime.:hug: I hope that toe is feeling better soon! And I hope you have a fabulous weekend!:goodvibes

I had a lonnnnnng day at work. But that's ok, cause I'm off on Fridays, so my weekend has started! Woohoo! I decided to not go to the Y today. I did do my rehab exercises, but I think I needed a day off. I have worked out 11 days in a row (though that sad attempt at running on Sunday probably shouldn't count.) Anyhow, I am going to heat up some leftovers and watch SDSU beat UCONN tonight!!!! Go Aztecs!!!!

I'll probably be back later to check on you all. Don't forget in the morning we are moving to the main thread!!!!:goodvibes

Hi Lisa! I hope your knee feels better soon and that you bust through those pounds quick! I am going to do zumba tomorrow if my knee cooperates.:goodvibes

Just a reminder--Please continue to include you team name when you send in your weight, HH points, etc. It will make book keeping matters much easier. The lists are divided by team and with over 200 names that is a lot to sort through.:goodvibes

So I started off the week great with exercise, but my schedule was so packed the last few days that I skipped out on 2 sessions I should have gone to. I just didn't feel it. But I went today! Part of the problem is scheduling at work, we have 3 weeks in a row of people taking vacation which means only one day off for me each week. Hopefully by the time it's over, it will be warmer too. My schedule is packed this weekend too, i have a play to see (my SIL is in it), baby sitting my nieces and a memorial to go to.

We're watching the original Tron right now, I've never seen it. It's interesting. We were trying to find the hidden mickey, but no luck.
I bought the Hungry Girl 200 recipes under 200 calories cookbook today. I can't wait to try some of these, they look so good!

Nancy- Congratulations! Please do stick around!

Dave- you look Fabulous!!

So I started off the week great with exercise, but my schedule was so packed the last few days that I skipped out on 2 sessions I should have gone to. I just didn't feel it. But I went today! Part of the problem is scheduling at work, we have 3 weeks in a row of people taking vacation which means only one day off for me each week. Hopefully by the time it's over, it will be warmer too. My schedule is packed this weekend too, i have a play to see (my SIL is in it), baby sitting my nieces and a memorial to go to.

Nancy- Congratulations! Please do stick around!

Dave- you look Fabulous!!

Enjoy that new cookbook! It sounds like it will be a very busy weekend! Thank you for coaching on the main thread this week.:goodvibes

Ok, Mickeys, I am officially moving us to the main thread. I hope to see everyone there tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any questions.:goodvibes Here's a link in case you need one.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2615744&page=32

Sorry rose to post after your official merge but just wanted to say Wowza to dave. Great Job....you look amazing. You will have a blast in disney but definitely will not gain all the weight back. Im sure you worked to hard to do that.

Day one
Weight was 296.6 pounds
Waist was 47.5"
Chest was 50"
P90XDay1FrontFlex.jpg

Day 90
Waist is 43"
Chest is 46"
P90XDay90.jpg

Dave

Wow Dave :worship::worship: What an amazing change. Keep up the good work. I can only imagine the 180 day photos :worship:

Well, at MCO waiting for the flight home. :sad1:
17 days is a long time, I guess I'm ready. I honestly would be happy to live here in Orlando though!:goodvibes

I started the trip at about 4 lbs. less than my "maintain" weight due to stomach flu.:headache: I guess that was a blessing in disguise since I pretty much ate and drank everything in sight on this trip!:rolleyes:
7-night cruise on the Magic, then lots of restaurants and theme park food.
Guess we'll see what damage was done when we get back.

Dave - great pics of your results!:cool1:
Have a super fun trip to WDW. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMopluto::tinker:
It's getting HOT down here! (guess it snowed some in Ellensburg the other day :scared1:)

Looking forward to catching up with the team and happenings! Hope everyone is well and getting to enjoy spring!:sunny:

Marcy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!