Team Donald – Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Challenge

Hello Team Donald! I want to apologize for not replying tonight and not getting on the dis yesterday or today. In fact, I wasn't on a computer at all until now. With this gorgeous weather, getting to the gym, and going to swim lessons yesterday and church tonight, I've had no time. So, I wanted to check in and I will get all caught up tomorrow with replies for the QOTDs and replies to people, too. I hope everyone else is enjoying this beautiful weather and getting some outside exercise! Enjoy it and I will be back tomorrow!!

Jill

Glad you are able to enjoy the weather!! Last week was beautiful and went on a couple runs, but our yard is just full of water today. Hopefully it'll dry up this weekend!

YAY! I'll make a Sherlockian out of you yet! :goodvibes

You'll totally love the 3rd episode, especially the end. Benedict and Martin really work wonderfully together as Sherlock and Watson; it's hard for me to imagine anybody else in those roles.

Haven't been able to watch Season 2 yet since it's not available on iTunes yet and I don't have BBC, but I'll PM you a couple of Season 2 clips I found online that you'll probably like. ;)

The end of season 2 will break your heart... :guilty:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So I did catch my cat nap with the kitty today and was able to get in a little over an hour at the gym. I also saw my trainer there this evening, so I had to tell him about my 6 lbs loss since the last time he saw me so he's was very pleased to hear about that. :goodvibes

The 25th anniversary cast of Les Mis was starting when I left so I hurried home and have it playing right now. Beautiful musical; I don't why people give Nick Jonas so much grief of playing Marius. He really did a beautiful job with it.

Gonna finish watching the show then heading to bed. Good night all!

My brother walked into my room and said "Do you just find the most obscure british shows that nobody has heard of to watch?" and I said "Why, yes, I do." He stands there and watches a few minutes and then eventually grabs a soda, sits on my floor and finishes watching the episode. :rotfl: I said "Good show, good show, huh? Huh? British tv is good, right?"

He just smiled and said, "Sure." ;)

Yay! I'm sure he was happy!

I haven't ever seen Les Mis. I need to though!

For the QOTDs this week, I thought it would be interested to take a look at some of the characters that play a supporting role, a minor role or even a bit role in a Disney animated feature. Sometimes we can gleam quite a bit of wisdom from one of these characters if we take a moment to think about it.

A Fly from A Bug's Life

Fly: I only got twenty-four hours to live, and I ain't gonna waste it here.

So what will you do with your next 24 hours before weigh-in to make sure it is not wasted?

I have another 30DS day ahead of me and I'll probably try and get some hula hooping in during my tv time. Still haven't gotten a stationary bike yet, so I'm limited to my hula hoop!

Good THursday morning everyone.

Had a busy day at school. Our department meeting went well and there were not too many problems.

My classes were tough since the periods were shorten and I had to get a very important topic across to the students. My head was spinning by the end of each class. I will see how they did today when they ask their questions.

I came home and took a short nap. I feel like a cold is coming on but I am trying to avoid it. I don't have time for one until next week.

After dinner I worked on a quilt top. This afternoon I have to pin it together and maybe start to quilt it.

I will be working today to help finish costuming the anniversary show. I know I will be running around like crazy tonight. After school I will be up and down pinning the quilt I am finishing. SO I guess you could day I am just moving as much as I can.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Hope you get rid of your cold and have a good day!

You can do it:cool1:

Well today I have not 1 but 2 sick kids off school and I've been up since 4am coughing/wheezing. I have had to start a course of antibiotics and steroids to try and keep my asthma under control so fingers crossed it all improves as the day goes on;) I had planned to do some gardening work and to head for a walk but now thats been shelved and I will be staying put and dishing out ice-lollies and paracetamol to keep temps down all round:headache:
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow-I'm not hopeful this week but we shall see!
Have a great day:)

Hope you feel better soon! Gardening sounds like fun, we are putting a small garden in our back yard for some strawberries and other vegetables.

I am in the same conundrum regarding my upcoming vacation. So I too have been trying my best to plan the exercise while on the ship and "where is best to eat" for my WDW days. I think I have chose a balance that will allow me to enjoy myself but not go completely overboard either. I think the best thing I am now armed with is an awareness and sense of keeping myself accountable. If I see the numbers start to slip, the exercise will increase and the No-No foods will decrease or be eliminated.

Being aware of the calories before you eat them is a major step in the battle. You know how to adjust your day based on that and area ble to make a choice. Also knowing that they are not worth it all the time is a big step. I did the same a couple weeks ago with a Snickers.....

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Sorry for my delay in writing today. It was Student led Conferences today and I had to get to work early to set up and then went pretty much straight through the day with the conferences. But they are over and another big check on my list of TO BE DONE BEFORE VACATION hurdles.

My answer to the QOTD I guess, is that I will really ensure I give my all on my gym visit tonight and I will make sure that I get all my calorties. No skimping in hope of a reduction. That never works.

Hope all are well as things are REALLY QUIET on our last day as Team Donald.

Christopher

Sounds like a good plan! It's hard to really know how you are going to react until you get there.

The only thing I really have a problem with is reeses cups. Dark chocolate isn't as good so I'm not as tempted to eat as much. Good luck at the gym!

---
Good morning Donalds!

My best friend called and woke me up at 6:30 this morning to tell me that her and another one of my friends missed their flight home by 3 minutes. She wanted to tell me about how she ran down the hallway carrying her shoes because she didn't have time to put them on. :lmao: Their luggage was on their original flight and luckily they were able to get free tickets for a later flight! I've never been on a plane, I'm too scared, but airport lines are just another reason why I don't fly!

I started reading the hunger games a few days ago. I'm on chapter 5 and it's good! Hoping I can finish it by next weekend.

For the QOTDs this week, I thought it would be interested to take a look at some of the characters that play a supporting role, a minor role or even a bit role in a Disney animated feature. Sometimes we can gleam quite a bit of wisdom from one of these characters if we take a moment to think about it.

A Fly from A Bug's Life

So what will you do with your next 24 hours before weigh-in to make sure it is not wasted?

Oops...missed this one. My Thursdays are pretty much the same. I go to the gym to a circuit training class from 4:30-5:30. I also really watch what I eat on Thursday. And, today, I am going to enjoy the 3rd day in a row of 80 degree temps! I am loving this March!

Jill

A Fly from A Bug's Life

Drink lots of water! I don't think I've been drinking enough.:drinking1

Dementia is such a tough illness-I used to work as a nurse and saw so many families torture themselves when making the decisions around care but sometimes there simply is no better wayI have already told my kids they are not to feel bad if I need to go into a care home in my old age (mind you they will probably still feel guilty). My teenager told me I'd better treat him nice so that they pick a nice one

Well today I have not 1 but 2 sick kids off school and I've been up since 4am coughing/wheezing. I have had to start a course of antibiotics and steroids to try and keep my asthma under control so fingers crossed it all improves as the day goes on;) I had planned to do some gardening work and to head for a walk but now thats been shelved and I will be staying put and dishing out ice-lollies and paracetamol to keep temps down all round:headache:
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow-I'm not hopeful this week but we shall see!
Have a great day:)

I always tell my mom to be good and I'll make sure she gets put in a good home with a view of the gardens. :laughing:
Having everyone stick sucks! Hope you get better soon!!

:goodvibesHope everyone has a healthy day today!:goodvibes

A Fly from A Bug's Life

Mainly making sure that I make healthy choices with my meals today and maybe a little dancing. :goodvibes

My brother walked into my room and said "Do you just find the most obscure British shows that nobody has heard of to watch?" and I said "Why, yes, I do." He stands there and watches a few minutes and then eventually grabs a soda, sits on my floor and finishes watching the episode. :rotfl: I said "Good show, good show, huh? Huh? British tv is good, right?"

He just smiled and said, "Sure." ;)

Yay! I'm sure he was happy!

I haven't ever seen Les Mis. I need to though!

When will brothers learn that we know what we're talking about when it comes to British TV? ;)

That made me smile. So glad you shared that. I know all my friends and co-workers think I'm weird for watching Doctor Who, but one of my co-workers stopped me the other day and told me that he'd been watching it because I caught his interest in it. :banana: He's not a total fan yet, but I'll take it!

You'd probably like it. I just bought the 10th Anniversary cast recording and have been listening to it all morning. :goodvibes

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fit into my size 14 capris this morning that I haven't been able to wear since last year! And even better, they're loose! :woohoo:

A Fly from A Bug's Life

I am drinking a lot of water and breathing deeply. The second part may help more than the first, haha! I hope falling off the boards for a while didn't hurt me too much. I stayed on plan, but I know that with no accountability I strayed. Tomorrow will be my first weigh-back-in for the challenge. And all I can do right now is go from there :)

This last week I've been pricing a trip for some friends and I for the ToT 10mi race in September, and it's suprisingly affordable! It makes me even more excited to go. The way it looks right now, I'll only have one friend going with me- a guy. So I need two opinions. Ladies, is it weird/awkward to travel to WDW with a platonic guy friend? And what is the AS-Sports Resort like? I'm assuming like the other AS Resorts, but any first-hand accounts would be awesome. I picked staying there because I didn't want to freakout my friend too much, lol!

This last week I've been pricing a trip for some friends and I for the ToT 10mi race in September, and it's surprisingly affordable! It makes me even more excited to go. The way it looks right now, I'll only have one friend going with me- a guy. So I need two opinions. Ladies, is it weird/awkward to travel to WDW with a platonic guy friend? And what is the AS-Sports Resort like? I'm assuming like the other AS Resorts, but any first-hand accounts would be awesome. I picked staying there because I didn't want to freakout my friend too much, lol!

No advice on traveling with a platonic guy friend (although I wish I had one to go with me to WDW...) But I've stayed at AS-Sports twice and really liked it. It's very much like the other two, except sports themed. I actually preferred it over AS-Movies. Plus if I remember correctly, Sports gets the bus first. ;)

No advice on traveling with a platonic guy friend (although I wish I had one to go with me to WDW...) But I've stayed at AS-Sports twice and really liked it. It's very much like the other two, except sports themed. I actually preferred it over AS-Movies. Plus if I remember correctly, Sports gets the bus first. ;)

If it get's you the first bus even better, I would go Sports reguardless though :)

-KD

When will brothers learn that we know what we're talking about when it comes to British TV? ;)

That made me smile. So glad you shared that. I know all my friends and co-workers think I'm weird for watching Doctor Who, but one of my co-workers stopped me the other day and told me that he'd been watching it because I caught his interest in it. :banana: He's not a total fan yet, but I'll take it!

You'd probably like it. I just bought the 10th Anniversary cast recording and have been listening to it all morning. :goodvibes

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fit into my size 14 capris this morning that I haven't been able to wear since last year! And even better, they're loose! :woohoo:

Somebody on the DIS actually introduced me to Doctor Who too. They kept suggesting it and I finally gave in and ended up loving it. Made my friend watch it and she fell in love too. I recently found out another kid in our class watches it and the high school biology teacher has a Dalek poster on his wall! :yay:

Woohoo!!

----
Hope you are all have a wonderful afternoon.

I have been mapping out the next 3 years of college, figuring out my classes for next semester and when I will graduate. Seems like I will be right on time and that's even leaving a semester open for the Disney college program! :thumbsup2

Still having some problems declaring my major and the classes, hopefully I can get it sorted out this month. It's driving me crazy.

Enjoy your evening! :goodvibes

Just wanted to say a quick hello to my Donald teammates! I'm not sure when we merge, but thank you all for the support and inspiration along this challenge. We have such a nice group here.

Thank you Christopher for coaching this week and for the wonderful qotds. You did a fantastic job as coach.

We had another fun night at the beach, and can not believe it was 86 degrees here today. Ds actually went in the water, shockingly cold just on my feet, but he had to do it. The dog went in a little deeper to her belly, but that was enough and she was outta there. :rotfl2: They both dug a big hole, though the dog seemed to fill it in as ds dug it out, so he wanted separate digging holes. :rotfl:

For todays qotd, I'd say I got my water and exercise in. And did not eat this evening.

Good luck to all on weighin day tomorrow!!!:goodvibes

SOLD!! :lmao:

THANKS DONALDS for a great last week as our single team. It was a pleasure to serve as your coach this week and I hope that the scale was nice to you this morning.

I am about to post on the Merged thread but wanted to thank you all here for the support and strnght you all have shown over the past 3 months. Way to go!!!

See you all on the merged thread.

Christopher

Just echoing what Christopher said! Thanks everyone for all the support and all the wonderful coaches we have had here at Donald! I have had a wonderful time. See you on the merged thread!

Happy Saturday morning friends! I know it is time for the merge, but since I had a super busy week and haven't had a chance to visit here in many days, I wanted to come here first to say hi.

I'm very sorry I haven't been around. I worked two days this week in rooms with no internet available.... plus the evenings have been busy with "stuff". I'm sure you all understand. Plus the unseasonably warm spring weather has been pulling me outside when I have a spare minute!

I am going to try and find the time today to read back over the last few pages I've missed and catch up, but for the moment I'm going to pop over to the new merge thread and say hello to everyone!

BBL to catch up!......................P

I know we have merged now, but I missed some questions posted on here this week and wanted to get them answered.

QOTD Tuesday March 20 Edna "E" Mode from the Incredibles

Edna: This is a hobo suit, darling. You can't be seen in this. I won't allow it. Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now? Feh!
Bob: Wait, what do you mean? *You* designed it.
Edna: I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

How are you living in the now? Do you look back at all? for inspiration? determination?
What challenges in your life distract you from the now?[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I don't spend much of my health-conscious life in the present. I focus on the future and the rewards and goals I am working towards. It keeps me going on the days when the present is demanding cheesecake.

Mary and John from WALL-E

Mary: [Mary is looking at the stars outside the Axiom while other passengers pass idly by] Oh! So many stars! Ah.
[she sees WALL-E and EVE flying around outside]
Mary: Oh! Hey! That's what's-his-name!
[backs up, bumps into John]
John: Hey! What the-?
Mary: Look! Look, look, look!
[she shuts off his chair and screen, making him aware of his surroundings]
John: Huh? What?
[sees WALL-E and EVE]
John: Hey... I know that guy! It's uh, uh... WALL-E! That's it! Hey - WALL-E! It's your buddy John!
Mary: [simultaneously] Hey! Hi, WALL-E!
[John casually puts his right hand upon Mary's]
John: [looks down, somewhat surprised; looks up at Mary, smiles] Hi.
Mary: [smiles] Hi.

Mary and John were going along in their "normal" sedentary lives until WALL-E literally bumped them "off track". This bump opened their eyes to the truth around them. What was your bump? your wake up call? your WALL-E? Has that bump been strong enough to keep you on track or would it e helpful to have that bump revisit you now and again?

My big bump was my flute professor relaying his week when his cousin had a heart attack, ended up in a coma, and was found to be completely brain dead at the age of 60. All because he smoked and lived a generally unhealthy life. So his mother had to make the decision to pull the plug. I don't ever want my mother (or father) to have to deal with something like that. And as frightening as they can be, I think a bump now and then can be very beneficial.

A Fly from A Bug's Life

I did it last night, actually. I walked on the treadmill, lifted weights, and tried a few minutes on a new Pilates workout on Netflix.

Have a great week everyone, and I'll see you on the new thread!

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

Report got written yesterday. We were so happy to finish it. Now to proof read it.

I have a little problem at school. I have several students who parents will email guidance or me about a minor problem their child is having. I feel that these are juniors and seniors in high school who are taking a college level course and they should be able to email or talk to me. What do you guys feel about this?

Dona, my two sons have taken AP calc .... and yes ... we expect them to treat this class like a college class. It is a great opportunity for them to build their own skills with dealing with problems. My one son has struggled in the AP chem and calc classes. We encouraged him to see his teachers. However, when his grades were still not improving, we contacted his teachers (not the guidance counselor) to see what the problem was. ..... and the problem was .... he wasn't doing his homework!!! :scared1: So ... together, we came up with a plan to get my son on the right track. Thanks for all you do ... and hope these problems work themselves out.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Christopher .... THANK YOU for coaching last week. I didn't get time to post on the thread and had to go back and read your QOTDs ... they were great! I was lurking at times .... :goodvibes

Excited about the merge! I will be coaching soon ... and you are hard to follow! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!