• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Donald – Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Challenge

QOTD - January 1, 2012 - What action plan do you have in place to help you to achieve your goals for this challenge??

Happy New Year Team Donald!!!!:cheer2::woohoo:

My action plan is as follows (the BL challenge makes this very easy!!!):

1. Be accountable and send my weight in every week to Dvccruiser76.
2. Journal my food, exercise, drink my water - Oh CC makes that easy be taking part in Healthy Habits!!!
3. I was looking around the WISH boards and saw the walk to Disney thread. So I googled and found from my door to Cindy's castle is 1333 miles. I wear a Bodybugg and I am going to convert the steps it registers to miles, get a map of the USA and plot my route monthly. I may put something in my signature also. After WDW - I will be heading west to Disneyland.
4. Plan my weekly menus.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's responses.

Janis

Things to do

January 1, 2012

1. Send my weight to Dvccruiser76.

2. Send my WIN number to buzz5985.

3. Post often. We are way behind Team Mickey in post counts!!!!!:scared1:

Hello Team Donald!! I have read the Dis Boards forever it seems, but I just registered tonight. (So please be patient as I learn my way around this thing!!) My name is Lynda, I'm 40 and I am absolutely determined to get healthy now. When I came across this challenge, I knew I had to take part, it's like it was meant to be! I am really looking forward to getting healthy with all of you! :woohoo:

Hi Laura! How are you liking the elliptical?

I like it - right now I'm only able to do about 12 minutes at a time. My plan for the new year is to try to do that at least 3 times a day until I am able to stay on it for a full 30 minutes.

Here is a before and after pic that I posted on the holiday thread. I don't even recognize myself anymore. I feel like the real me is missing from that picture. The first pic is from ~2005. The second one from this month.

Wow - you look great! Right now I have "before" and "during" photos - can't wait until I have an "after". :thumbsup2

Whether or not you choose to participate in this optional challenge, I’d like to encourage EVERYONE – especially anyone new to this thread – to take your measurements at the very beginning. This is something so many of us never did when we first started losing weight and

I can't agree with this more. I participated in the WIN challenge earlier in the year, and even though I gained and lost the same 5 pounds each week, I lost inches. It does make those weeks where the scale doesn't budge more bearable.

Do you like the BL Boot Camp?? I have several of the older BL dvd's that I enjoy - but somehow I never seem to stick with anything.
Yes, I really like it. Bob Harper is the trainer on this DVD and it has three different intensity levels. So far, I'm just doing Level 1, but it gets my heart pumping. (It does incorporate light hand-weights into the routine.)

Level 1 is thirty minutes including the warm-up and cool-down.

Off to sleep now - will weigh and measure myself tomorrow. :sad2:

Happy New Year!

- Laura

Kristina I am going to have so many questions for you and would love to hear all of your suggestions of what to do on Oahu. We will be staying at Aulani our first 4 nights :cool1:

Deb, ask away! I'll do my best to answer your questions. I haven't been to the Aulani yet (even though it's right down the street from my house). Between work and dd13's activites we don't get out much!:upsidedow

I've heard the hotel is beautiful. My friends that have gone to the character breakfast say it is great! Aloha Mickey & Minnie are too cute! The lagoons that surround it are my favorite on the island. Whenever we do get out to the beach it's always my first choice. :flower3:

Kristina

:cheer2:Happy New Year Everyone:cheer2:
Heres hoping we all have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2012

I'm guessing I'm going to be the first to have weighed in given that I'm 5/6 hours ahead of u all:)
I will say it was more than a wee bit scary standing on those scales this morning and for a brief moment I thought about pluckinking my eyebrows, trimming my nails and even an early haircut to lessen the pain:rotfl2:
I took a deep breath and did it though so its all good from here right?

I weighed 167lbs and ideally Iwould like to be 133lbs but as long as I'm losing I'm not going to panic about how long that takes (if that makes sense).
I'd like to lose 20 lbs by end of May.

Good luck to you all on your weigh in:thumbsup2

Happy New Year Everyone

I spent the evening knitting and watching either Big Bang Theory or NCIS. I was asleep before the ball dropped. I have been up for a while and worked out for my 20 minutes. I have to go to church and may go grocery shopping. I have a mystery quilt to do starting at 10am so I don't know if I will get the grocery shopping done.

I plan on making pulled pork out of a pork lion today and I think I have enough healthy choices so that I really don't have to shop today except for the rolls for dinner.

I could go grocery shopping tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to take ds2 to meet his friends. One of the father's is taking them to the airport for the start of their trip to Gambia. Their first flight tomorrow is a flight from Phila to Newark (yes you heard me right), then to Belgium and then on to Gambia. They have to be at the friend's house by 9:30am so I will be home by noon and then I think I will go grocery shopping.

Off to shower and start the day.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Hi! I'm a new member. I'm Sandy and I started working out 4x a week in Sept, but that dropped off three weeks ago. Back to the grind now! i am also working with a holistic nutritionist to start eating better foor all around. In the past two months I have become hooked on quinoa. Looking forward to getting to know you. I have 100 pounds to lose, but my goal for the end of May is 30 pounds.

I will get on the scale later and send in my official number.

I have been suffering from that all week. Today was MCD's for breakfast and Pizza hut for lunch.:rolleyes1 I feel disgusting and I almost think my brain wants me to feel this way to remind myself of how horrible I feel right now and how good I will feel in a few weeks.
We will do this, Lindsay. Just so you know you are not alone, I had lucky charms for breakfast yesterday, wendy's for lunch, and leftover chinese food for dinner, popcorn and peeps during our movie last night. The healthy food is in the house, now it is time to start eating it. :thumbsup2

Welcome to Team Donald!!! We are going to rock this challenge!!!

I am Janis and I will be your coach this first week.

Our challenge officially starts on January 1.

1. PM your beginning weight to dvccruiser76.

2. PM your beginning WIN! numbers to me - buzz5985 (if you are doing WIN!)

3. I encourage everyone to take part in HH. It's fun earning those points, and the challenge keeps you on track.

4. Take some pictures of yourself - a front view and a side view. You will be surprised even what a small change makes in your spirit, your shape, complexion, the list goes on and on.

I am a night owl - when I was a cub scout leader the boys referred to me as being nocturnal :rotfl:, so I will post the QOTD for each day the night before.

I notice many of you have already been doing so -

QOTD - Saturday December 31, 2011

Please introduce yourself.
Thank you Janis. I like the picture idea, and definitely need to take my measurements again and actually see some changes this challenge. I slacked the past couple challenge on the win and hh, and it shows.

HELLO fellow team mates. My name is Janis and I live with my DH of almost 27 years, and my DS 15. This is my fourth BL challenge, my second as a hostess. I lost 25 pounds last year, a drop in the bucket for me - but down is down.

I look forward to chatting with you all.
25 pounds in a year is fabulous!! Slow and steady truly does win the race and lose the weight.

Hello! :goodvibes

My name is Emily and I recently got married this past April. Since then I've been steadly putting on the pounds and now I am 23 lbs heavier since the wedding! :rolleyes1:sad2:

I tried earlier this year with a diet, but failed after a month. I cannot wait to get to know everyone as we all embark on this weight loss journey together. :thumbsup2
Congratulations on your wedding. It's a huge change, and tough to see the scale go up, but I know with the support here, you can see that weight gone again this year.

Hello Team Donald!

My name is Sue, I'm 35 years old and I'll be part of your team for this challenge. Let's see, this is my 5th challenge I believe and also my 2nd time around as Weight Keeper.

I live in Danvers with my DH of 7 years and my DS (Dylan) who will be 2 1/2 on Tuesday. My how time flies.

I'm joining as a loser once again, but would like to get to the maintain level. I made it there by the end of the spring challenge last year, but then slacked a bit so here I am again.

DH and I joined a gym at the end of October, so I'm hopeful that it'll help me throughout this challenge and tax season. I also have vacation at the end of May, so it's a good goal to keep in sight.

Hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy New Year's Eve :goodvibes
Hi Sue!! Hope you had a happy new year and a very merry Christmas. Thank you for being our weighkeeper, and we all understand if you're busy, and don't get to the results right away. You were amazing in the fall posting them so consistently.

[Just thought I would check in and wish everyone a Happy New Year! We just had grilled steak, chicken, fried veggies and stir fried rice. It was so yummy. I will probably have some left over tomorrow but I will measure it out into a careful serving size. ;)

I have a race tomorrow morning so I will not be on until later in the day!

Here's to our happy and healthy New Year Everyone! :woohoo:
Happy New Year, Jen!! I hope the weathermen were wrong and it's a calm and balmy 30 degrees for your race. :goodvibes Your outfit sounds great, can't wait to see a picture.

Happy New Year to all you Donalds! :wave2:
Happy New Year, Lisa!!
Hi everyone! I'm Ashley (or Ash if you prefer) and I'm super excited to be starting my first challenge! I'd like to at least get under 200 lbs for this challenge although since I'm only 8 pounds away I'm hoping to do more than that. :)

Will probably stay up and watch the ball drop, wonder why I stayed up and sleep in tomorrow. Having fish tacos for the first time tomorrow! And it's baked, not fried so it's much healthier for me. My aunt's also offered to give me her old treadmill that still works so I'm hoping to get a good bit of walking in this week. Just need to make a walking playlist for my iPod now. :goodvibes
You are beautiful. My goal for this challenge is also to hit ONEderland. I'm starting at 211.6, so pretty much 12 pounds. I was close last year, but didn't make it. We can do it!! We must never give up. 2012 will be a great year!

QOTD - January 1, 2012 - What action plan do you have in place to help you to achieve your goals for this challenge??

Happy New Year Team Donald!!!!:cheer2::woohoo:

My action plan is as follows (the BL challenge makes this very easy!!!):

1. Be accountable and send my weight in every week to Dvccruiser76.
2. Journal my food, exercise, drink my water - Oh CC makes that easy be taking part in Healthy Habits!!!
3. I was looking around the WISH boards and saw the walk to Disney thread. So I googled and found from my door to Cindy's castle is 1333 miles. I wear a Bodybugg and I am going to convert the steps it registers to miles, get a map of the USA and plot my route monthly. I may put something in my signature also. After WDW - I will be heading west to Disneyland.
4. Plan my weekly menus.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's responses.

Janis
Love your plan, Janis.

1. I plan to track every bite I eat.
2. Get my water in. I've been slacking on that this month.
3. Exercise-walk the dog, and start running again. I bought a longer leash so I can try jogging with the dog. She's usually really good on the leash, especially in the mornign, so I think she will be ok to run with. Plus I'm very slow, so for her it won't be much of a change in pace.
4. Following HH, and actually reporting to CC each week, no matter what.

Things to do

January 1, 2012

1. Send my weight to Dvccruiser76.

2. Send my WIN number to buzz5985.

3. Post often. We are way behind Team Mickey in post counts!!!!!:scared1:
Thanks for the reminder.:thumbsup2

Wow - you look great! Right now I have "before" and "during" photos - can't wait until I have an "after". :
I have before and during, and hope to get back to one of my better during pictures this challenge. One day we will have afters.:thumbsup2

Happy New Year Everyone

I spent the evening knitting and watching either Big Bang Theory or NCIS. I was asleep before the ball dropped. I have been up for a while and worked out for my 20 minutes. I have to go to church and may go grocery shopping. I have a mystery quilt to do starting at 10am so I don't know if I will get the grocery shopping done.

I plan on making pulled pork out of a pork lion today and I think I have enough healthy choices so that I really don't have to shop today except for the rolls for dinner.

I could go grocery shopping tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to take ds2 to meet his friends. One of the father's is taking them to the airport for the start of their trip to Gambia. Their first flight tomorrow is a flight from Phila to Newark (yes you heard me right), then to Belgium and then on to Gambia. They have to be at the friend's house by 9:30am so I will be home by noon and then I think I will go grocery shopping.

Not a bad thing to go to bed early. I would have if I didn't have ds. DS woke me up at 1130 for the ball drop. He is obsessed with americas funniest videos and I was asleep in the recliner, so he videoed me while he banged two pans together to wake me up. Too funny. Good luck to your ds on his trip. :goodvibes

Happy New Year everyone!!

I know I introduced myself a little before, but I'm Kathy, 47 yo single mom to 10 yo son Michael, and newly adopted almost 1 year old puppy, Poko. I work as a nurse in Endoscopy, so mon-friday with some on call which rarely involves going in. Of course, I'm on call today, so I probably just jinxed myself, but so be it. It will help pay off the christmas bills if I go in.

I'm ready to get on the ball again, and really work hard to eat well and get the exercise in, and lose this weight again, once and for all. I looked up my starting weight the past few years in january, 2011-210.2, 2010- 212.2, and 2009- 199.0, so pretty much have been playing with the same 10-15 pounds for a few years, and it's time to kick them to the curb. My motto is to NEVER GIVE UP!! Real life stresses might get in the way of our goals, we may stray off our healthy paths completely but you can always come back. This is a lifetime commitment, and we may not always feel the scale is recognizing our hard work, but every day we eat healthier, every day we get some exercise, we are doing our bodies good, and we must NEVER GIVE UP!!

Happy New Year Team Donald!!This is our year to shine!!!

Whoa! The thread took off and I had to do some catch up reading! I already introduced myself, but again, I'm Jill. I'm 35, a teacher, married, and have 2 boys (8 & 5). Today is not a good day for me to get organized with my weight. I am heading to my cousin's in Pittsburgh for the day for dinner and to watch the Steelers kick some butt! I am going to be gone ALL day, so I am trying to catch up real fast and do one load of laundry before we leave. I am going to track my food on My Fitness Pal, but I won't have time for exercise today :( I guess I'll try for a morning and afternoon workout tomorrow.

I weighed myself this morning and am up 1.5 pounds since the end of the fall challenge. I'm ok with that, since I really didn't try to hard to eat healthy over my 11 day vacation. And, if you haven't heard...I love Christmas cookies! Luckily, I have none out right now. They are all frozen and every once in awhile we will pull some out for a treat.

I am so ready to get back on track. Sorry I haven't responded to everyone yet, but I promise I will be more organized tomorrow!

Happy and healthy 2012!!

1. Track all my food on My Fitness Pal
2. Weigh in every Friday
3. Workout at least 5 days a week
4. Participate in HH
5. Try VERY hard not to eat out~and if I end up at a drive through, pick a healthy option (salad, baked potato, grilled chicken)
6. HAVE FUN!!

Jill

I have to come back and read everything after my race but I just wanted to post....it snowed AND the winds are gusting! :eek: I am going to wear my cute running outfit but also a lot of other layers as well.

Time to get going. Good thing it is only a 5K today!

Happy New Year's to everyone!
Jen

Good Morning!

Just wanted to give everyone a quick reminder:

When you pm your weight, please remember to include your TEAM NAME. This will make things so much easier for our weight keeper. :goodvibes

Jen - I hope the race is going well for you. The winds are gusting here in Indiana too.... blowing in a cold front.

QOTD -

1. pm my weight each Friday.
2. Even if I have a bad day, get back on the wagon the next day.
3. Complete P90x
4. Drink more water
5. Record my food and calories eaten in an app on my phone

My mom always fixes a "traditional" New Year's dinner.... pork loin, mashed potatoes, cabbage, and black eyed peas. It is one of my favorites. :lovestruc I am being careful with breakfast and lunch today, and then won't go totally overboard with dinner tonight.

Have a great day!

Happy New Year Team Donald:rockband:

I love all the teachers on here:love: My Mom was a teacher for 30 years and my Dad was a Principal.

Jen, Good luck with your race today:yay:

Ashley, your pictures are great! I'm not familiar with the Dr Who characters, but that character is an attractive one:goodvibes

Dona, if you did not get out to get your 2012 calendar, I have a beautiful one that I would like to mail to you that I received as a gift but can not use.

Last night we had a quiet night at home with just the family. We watched movies and switched over to the Ball Drop right at midnight. The guys have been intrigued by the Pizza Hut "Big Box Dinner" so we ordered that last night.
WAY too much food for 3 people!!! We ate one of the pizzas, some of the cheesy bread and some of the wings. For some reason you could not get thin crust so I did not esp enjoy the pizza. We watched Limitless, Tangled, and Killers. First 2 were good, killers was just OK.

Our DS are the same age - isn't it fun?? I will be 53 and feel a billion times older than all the other Mom's of the other 15 yo's. Maybe if I wasn't so Pooh sized - I wouldn't feel that way. Time will tell.

Oh yeah, these are the fun years:rolleyes1 And your son is in Scouts too?
Awesome! My DS almost has Life rank and I hope he will continue on and get Eagle but he is not interested in working very hard on anything these days:laughing: I've always felt a little older than the other Moms too so I love meeting another "older Mom". Just think in a few years when we are trying to stay up late to make sure they get home safely, that will be a challenge:rotfl:

Originally Posted by buzz5985

1. Some form of cardio exercise for 45 minutes, 6 days a week.
2. Drink 100 oz of water daily.
3. 3 healthy meals a day plus 2 snacks.
4. Dinner of grilled chicken or fish with steamed broccoli as many nights as possible.
5. Light eating day every Thursday.
6. Consistently send in my WI every Friday.

I am up almost 5 pounds after careless Holiday eating so I need to get that off first and then move on to losing new pounds.

Good luck everyone - we can do this:goodvibes Just like kathy says, "Never give up!!!"

Good morning Team Donald!!

I need to learn how to multi-quote in the same thread & will work on that later today.

Janis - thanks for leading! Looking forward to a successful challenge!

LOL LuvPoohandcompany - I felt the same way - how can I remove something to bring that number down! Oh well, hopefully it will be the last time seeing that number on the scale.

Jen - good luck on the race!

Sandy - what do you eat w/quinoa? My family is not very adventurous but I hope to incorporate some new foods this year.

Rose - you look fabulous - thanks for posting pics -very inspirational! :thumbsup2

Ashley - you are beautiful!!

Laura - what type of exercises does Bob do on the BL workout you have?

donac - why is your son heading there? Sounds like an adventure!

Kathy - like your motto - great idea!

Jill - when do you head back to school? LOL on the cookies, glad ours are finally gone.

Hoosier -that dinner sounds great. I like your #2 action - slip ups don't have to ruin everything - good reminder!

Settinsail - I have a few holiday pounds to lose too before hitting the long term pounds. That's great your DS is still in Scouts, mine is 9 and hope he continues.

I fell down about half a flight of steps last night so I'm a little sore this am. I was not drinking or anything exciting, just stupid slipping. :headache: I will figure out some form of exercise though to get on track. I weighed & will pm that next. I plan to WIN and will take measurements at some point today & get DD to take before pics.

Action plan -

1) Write down everything I eat
2) Drink at least 60 oz of water every day
3) Turn in my number every week, no matter what
4) Go to the Y at least 3 times a week (hopefully more)
5) Try one new low fat recipe a week
6) Post often to stay motivated!
7) Participate in at least half of the challenges (hopefully more)
8) Figure out some kind of reward for when I successfully finish challenge in May

Hope everyone is having a great start to 2012!

Stephanie

I plan to
1) track what I eat
2)join in with HH and WIN
3)plan a weeks meals each sunday and then shop for them (and only them)each monday
4)take my kids swimming twice a week (wed nights and sunday afternoons) no matter what!!

Happy New Year Team Donald!!
So, some things I plan to do are:
1. Be more active every day
2. Try to eat a salad most days for either lunch or dinner
3. Include my family in the fun!
4. Follow all the tips and challenges on here

I'm feeling so hopeful and excited for a great year here! :banana:
--Lynda

HELLO fellow team mates. My name is Janis and I live with my DH of almost 27 years, and my DS 15. This is my fourth BL challenge, my second as a hostess. I lost 25 pounds last year, a drop in the bucket for me - but down is down.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi Janis and thank you so much for being our host again.:thumbsup2

Hello! :goodvibes

My name is Emily and I recently got married this past April. Since then I've been steadly putting on the pounds and now I am 23 lbs heavier since the wedding! :rolleyes1:sad2:

I tried earlier this year with a diet, but failed after a month. I cannot wait to get to know everyone as we all embark on this weight loss journey together. :thumbsup2

Hi Emily Married life definitely does that too you. Good luck on getting off the unwanted pounds. I will be cheering you on!:thumbsup2

Hello Team Donald!

My name is Sue, I'm 35 years old and I'll be part of your team for this challenge. Let's see, this is my 5th challenge I believe and also my 2nd time around as Weight Keeper.

Hi Sue, Thank you so much for being our weight keeper again. You do such a great job.:thumbsup2

I'd like to get back to running. I've tried C25K twice and had to stop due to injuries. This past summer I got to week 7 before I had a calf strain and then a "bone injury" (they originally thought it was a stress fracture).

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had. Running is very hard on the legs. Make sure you have proper foot wear before starting up again. There are lots of ladies on here who can offer you advice on shoes/injuries/etc. if you need it.

I turn the big 40 this year and really want to get healthy all around. I have to do it for my little girls. I want to be around to see them grow up. We are going to WDW in February and staying at POR with free dining. I am going to surprise dd5 right before we go. My mom is going with us instead of DH, he isn't into Disney much.

Wow that sounds like a great trip and I bet its been so hard not to tell her whats in the plans. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

To the PP w/the ring - my wedding band doesn't fit and I refuse to get it resized. One of my goals is to get it to fit again too. :thumbsup2

That is a great goal to have. Mine has gotten very tight over the years too. I still can get it on but it is not very comfortable. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you.

So this is me in my full costume!
I'm going to try and get my friend to take updated pics of me once I've lost the weight, especially to keep me focused on once I get the weight off to keep it off. :cheer2:

You are gorgeous. We are just about the same weight and looking at your ticker we have the same ending goal. When I lost my weight a year ago I took a pic every month and it is very motivating to see the changes you make.

My Plan is:

Submit my weight weekly
Submit my inches quarterly
Follow the HH
No Fast Food (places with drive thru's)
No Diet Coke
Running 3x week- train for a half marathon
Zumba or other exercise 3x week.
Tracking my food and exercise in my fitness pal.
Take monthy pics of myself again.

My name is Lynda, I'm 40 and I am absolutely determined to get healthy now. When I came across this challenge, I knew I had to take part, it's like it was meant to be! I am really looking forward to getting healthy with all of you! :woohoo:

Hi Lynda, Glad to have you on our team.

:cheer2:Happy New Year Everyone:cheer2:
Heres hoping we all have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2012

I'm guessing I'm going to be the first to have weighed in given that I'm 5/6 hours ahead of u all:)
I will say it was more than a wee bit scary standing on those scales this morning and for a brief moment I thought about pluckinking my eyebrows, trimming my nails and even an early haircut to lessen the pain:rotfl2:
I took a deep breath and did it though so its all good from here right?

I weighed 167lbs and ideally Iwould like to be 133lbs but as long as I'm losing I'm not going to panic about how long that takes (if that makes sense).
I'd like to lose 20 lbs by end of May.

Good luck to you all on your weigh in:thumbsup2

I was cracking up at your scale story.:lmao: Our road to getting healthy is a journey not a race so your right not to panic about the length of time it takes you.

I bet DS is excited to start his trip. How are you feeling about it? Nervous?

Hi! I'm a new member. I'm Sandy and I started working out 4x a week in Sept, but that dropped off three weeks ago. Back to the grind now! i am also working with a holistic nutritionist to start eating better foor all around. In the past two months I have become hooked on quinoa. Looking forward to getting to know you. I have 100 pounds to lose, but my goal for the end of May is 30 pounds.

I will get on the scale later and send in my official number.

Hi Sandy! Glad to have you on our team. Im sure we would love to hear about any new good tasting whole foods you learn about or find.

I would have if I didn't have ds. DS woke me up at 1130 for the ball drop. He is obsessed with americas funniest videos and I was asleep in the recliner, so he videoed me while he banged two pans together to wake me up. Too funny. Good luck to your ds on his trip. :goodvibes

:lmao::lmao::lmao:Michael is such a hoot. Glad you didnt miss the ball drop. I agree this is our year.:thumbsup2

I am heading to my cousin's in Pittsburgh for the day for dinner and to watch the Steelers kick some butt! I am going to be gone ALL day, so I am trying to catch up real fast and do one load of laundry before we leave.

Hello from the opposite side of the state where we will be cheering for the Eagles today for no reason other than thats what us Eagles fans do.:lmao: Good job on not gaining too much between the challenges. Have a great time away today.

Good luck everyone - we can do this:goodvibes Just like kathy says, "Never give up!!!"

HI Shawn!!! Thats right we will NEVER give up!!!!!!

I fell down about half a flight of steps last night so I'm a little sore this am. I was not drinking or anything exciting, just stupid slipping. :headache:

Oh No not a great way to start off the year. Glad you didnt get injured and i hope the soreness goes away quickly.

Happy New Year Team Donald!!!!!

In case you didnt read my first intro heres another one:

I am Lindsay. I will be turning 33 on 1/18. I have been married for 8 years and I have two boys ages 7 and 4. I work fulltime as a practice Manager of a pediatricians office that I have worked at since I was 17.

I never had a weight issue until I graduated high school. Throught middle/high school I was very active and played sports. In high school I was a 3 sport varsity letter winner. I never had to worry about what I ate because I was constantly burning calories. After graduating I gained some weight in college but lost it all again shortly before I turned 21. Then the partying came and I packed on some extra lbs, Met my dh and lost all of it before our wedding. Then I got pregnant and after DS1 lost just about all of the weight except 10lbs. After DS2 I have just gained and twice lost about half of what I needed to but only to gain it back again.

I have done many of the challenges now and met some really great ladies. I have run 2 half marathons and many 5K's and I am starting to train again from scratch to run a half on 4/29th. I am very goal oriented so when I complete my goals I tend to get lazy. I think I have just realized I always need some kind of goal that will challenge me.

I sent my weight to Sue this morning and I was actually up 3lbs from yesterday so I know I had way to much salt over the past day or so. I am really hoping for a good loss this week to get me started. I have my water next to me and so far I have been right on plan.

Shortly I will head to my nana's for New Year's Dinner. She has pork tenderloin, saurekraut, mash potatoes, and veggies. I can definitely pick and choose a good meal to fit into my calories I have available.

My exercise for the day will be dance central 2 on kinect for 20 minutes.

Have a great day today and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS:thumbsup2

You can use qunioa in anything you would use white rice for, it is a grain just like rice. I buy it in th bulk section, it is a lot cheaper. It is so yummy.

My action plan is to

1) Workout plan - Monday/Wednesday cardio/weights Thurday - group personal training, Saturday yoga
2) Eat whole grains, no processed foods, limit sugar as much as possible
3) No more soda. I'm down to one a day, but starting now, no more.
4) Post here and be accountable. Complete the challenges.

Hello everyone! I'm here to introduce myself! My name is Trina and I'm 25 years old. I'm a dog trainer at Petsmart, which I'm starting part time in January because I'm going back to school full time! I just graduated with a two year degree (took 7 years) in liberal arts and now I will be going back to school majoring in history and secondary education, minoring in spanish. I have about three years left of school. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years, and he is also trying to finish up school. Sometimes we feel a little behind, because we've been in this relationship for four years but don't have the money to move in together because were both in school. I'm pretty sure he's the one however, and we're happy waiting until we are financially secure to move to the next level. My "kids" are 4 dogs, 2 cats and some fish.

My weight loss journey started last may when I hit a major low in my life. I was over 165lbs, and no feeling comfortable in my own skin. I was very depressed and just not not in a good place. I found the biggest loser thread and joined and found a great group of people. I learned so much about healthy eating and good habits that I'm happy to say have really stuck with me and i've felt so much better about myself. I've lost 21lbs since may and am now down to 143. I also started running which I LOVE but am unable to do right now. I have not run since thanksgiving and have not been tracking calories since then either. I have hip bursitas and problems with my IT Band and am under strict orders not to run. I stopped going to the gym when school got to be too overwhelming but im ready to get back into it, and back into running when my ortho and PT clear me for it.

I also suffer from chornic insomniac, fibro, anxiety and depression, and Chrons disease. Very often I just don't feel good, I try not to let it get me down but sometimes it does. Since eating healthier I've felt much better.

For this challenege, I really feel like i'm hitting the home stretch. I have 18lbs to go before I hit my goal of 125. I would also like to really tone up because we have a cruise in may, and also my 25th trip to disney world, and my best friend is getting married in september and im in the wedding party with a bunch of skinny minnies. Yes, I want to look awesome, I'm vain and i'm not afraid of that. Right now, although I feel better about myself, I still wouldn't feel comfortable in a bikini. My stomach is the bane of my exsistance, I literally walk around with it sucked in all the time and just in general hate it. I'd like to find some ab workouts that don't bore me that will help tone up my stomach. I'd also like to get more into strength training, but I find it very confusing.

I need to focus on my water intake, planning excersice (what little i can do), stop making excuses, time management, and most importantly, counting calories again. I use myfitnesspal which i love but ive really stopped and I want to start again.

I hope to be more involved this challenege and get to know everyone and be very active, I like to chat when i remember so I'm going to make more of an effort with everything. I'm more than happy to be friends with people on facebook and twitter as well, you can find me as trinaweena on twitter and here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=505037454 on face book

I'd like to share some pictures as well. One of my biggest problems during this weight loss journey is that i dont look over weight. People actually get angry at me when i tell them i want to loose 18 more pounds. But I know my body, I know where the weight is and I know what I'm going to be comfortable in.

this is me last year before i started trying to lose weight
35944_415556142454_505037454_5328170_2115457_n.jpg

this summer in boston
320057_2174018385014_1083420001_32073306_1416785182_n.jpg

and most recently when i hit under 150 lbs
AiFx6CzCMAATowx.jpg

I'm also obsessed with TV and the internet, I write for a few websites, mostly doing freelance tv reviews and such, so I watch a lot of shows and I'm very much a nerd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter