• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target Toy Clearance Watch

I was at Target yesterday and they were beginning to put everything into one aisle. Many toys were still in the 30-50% range, so I asked when they would be going to 75% and the clerk looked at me strangely? She said they were told to keep the signs at 30%. I'm going to try back again today and see how it stands. There were several items I was eyeing and don't want to miss out!!!

I was at Target yesterday and they were beginning to put everything into one aisle. Many toys were still in the 30-50% range, so I asked when they would be going to 75% and the clerk looked at me strangely? She said they were told to keep the signs at 30%. I'm going to try back again today and see how it stands. There were several items I was eyeing and don't want to miss out!!!

Thats probably because some of the toys will remain at 30% and if they put up signs that say 75% they will have to sell them for that. My advice is to scan everything when you go back even if there is a 30% sticker on it.

I went first thing this morning and there was no one in the toy aisle except for me and all of the workers re-pricing and re-shelving :cool1:

Got a cart full of great stuff for $115 total, this is truly one of my favorite days of the year! :goodvibes

Some of the stuff was in the 75% off section but still wasn't scanning at 75% off. That was true for Bionicles, Bakugan, and some Star Wars action figure sets. The stocker told me that they were going to be scanning them into the system today and then changing the prices in the computer. Would have like to have got them at 75% off, but I guess I will check back tonight.

I did get Camp Rock Dolls Mitchie and Shane for $5 each, Nerf Phlat ball for $3.74, an RC mini stunt bike for $10, an aquadoodle mat for $6, and quite a few assorted baby toys for under $5. They also had tons of the plush "my first" Mickeys, Poohs, and Tiggers for $4.59 each. Lots of the moon sand sets and pixels too.

Good luck everyone, so glad my Christmas shopping is now 1/3 of the way done!! :yay:

Just came back from my Target! Same here with re-shelving and re-pricing.
Bought the single singing Shane Mitchie and Tess from Camp Rock for $5 ea, HSM 3 Gabriella bedroom set for $7.49 Camp Rock game for 2.72 Thumbelina dolls for $3 something. 4 500 piece puzzles for $2.52 Camp Rock microphone for $3 something. I ended up with a cart full and some Christmas shopping started:cheer2:
Good luck, now if I could just find legos!:)

Florence Ky store had a few things at 75 off and they were clearing shelves I guess for the new stuff, the clearance wasn't all in one aisle you had to go to different aisles to find the red stickers.

Just back from Winter Park, FL Target. Tons of stuff now 75% off. Lots of Camp Rock, Hannah Montana, HSM3 dolls. I thought I was already done with christmas shopping for the nieces/nephews, but I thought wrong!:goodvibes

Just got to work after checking the two Targets by my house. Both in Apple Valley, MN are marking stuff 75%. Two cart fulls for less than $100. :cool1:
Birthday presents and some Christmas are complete for the neices and nephews. I love it when the day starts off right. Have fun!

Just hit up a different Target and they had just marked down to 75%. I've really done good. I have to stop buying now...I hit up K-mart last month and Target now. We have so much stuff for Christmas! I'm very happy not to have to worry about Christmas shopping. Now I just need to make a list of everything I have in the attic!

Went to two stores today.

First store (plainfield, il) had marked down to 75% off yesterday. The signs still said 30 or 50% but they were nearly all stickied at 75%. It was pretty picked over but still got $90 worth of stuff (and 99% of it was 75% off!!). I picked up a Lego's Indiana Jones Crystal Skull set for 50% off. I also picked up Pixos stuff, HSM Messenger bag, Hyper Jump, Hot wheels, Barbie Mariposa, aquadoodle zip bin, diego doodlepro and tons of other stuff.

Second store (oswego, il) I got there around 930am or so. When I came in they stated that everything had been stickered the correct price already. They were starting to consolidate. When we first got there they had two aisles bookmarking the toy section that were on clearance and a bunch of stuff mixed in the aisles. By the time I left they had nearly everything in two aisles with the 30 and 50% off signs but nearly everything stickered at 75%. I picked up $75 worth of stuff here, all of it 75% off. Here they had My Little Pony (the plush baby pony), breyer's horse stuff, didj games (other system games were also on clearance as were the pink didj's), puzzibits, science kits, activity trays and more.

Chatting with other power shoppers I learned that Yorkville, IL still has not gone to 75% but North Aurora, Batavia and Naperville/Aurora had.

Not sure if I'm gonna go back out. The kids are exhausted. But I do have about 6 more stores in my area. Decisions, decisions.

I just did the store closest to my office. My co-worker and I scored!

2 aisles, both marked 50%. Everything we checked was either stickered or scanned at 75%.

She paid $17.17 and got a Breyer Horse Sense board game, a Geo Trax set and a tub Rocket (Little Einsteins).

I got a tub moldable soap set and accessory pack, a light up Toy Story flashlight thingy and a Slinky Dog (both in honor of ds's Toy Story b-day coming up), a Matchbox 6x6 off road set (comes with the track and 1 vehicle) and 2 extra vehicles, a baby lightup/musical toy (Infantino), 2 V-motion games (Wonder Pets and Thomas) and a My First Science Set...grand total WITH tax was $45.54! :banana: Heck, the 2 v-motion games are normally $24.99 ea so basically I got those 'on sale' and everything else was free!

And I have ds's b-day PLUS Christmas AND a bunch of b-day parties coming up...not to mention that I'm a Target clearance addict...so I will be stopping at the Target near home after work! :cool1:

Just went to my Target at lunch and racked up!!! :cool1:

I LOVE Target Clearance!!!! Between the January clearance and today DS's Christmas is done. Didn't have too much for DD....she has outgrown most of what they had....although if I let her play with Bratz I could have racked up...man I couldn't believe how much there was of that.

Just hit up a different Target and they had just marked down to 75%. I've really done good. I have to stop buying now...I hit up K-mart last month and Target now. We have so much stuff for Christmas! I'm very happy not to have to worry about Christmas shopping. Now I just need to make a list of everything I have in the attic!

I know, between KMart and now Target, my attic is pretty full! A list would be good!

My target (Allentown, PA, Cedar Crest Blvd) had lots of stuff at 75% off as of today. I got Pirate moon Sand kits for $4.97, that little Cars digital camera someone mentioned a few pages back for $9.98 (that was only 50% off), Spongebob MP3 players for $7.48, Hot Wheels Power Scouts for $1.97 each, 50% off Super Soakers, the mold and play soap kit, the chemistry kit, a little Hannah Montana microphone keychain that lets you record and play back your voice (totally cute, that's for my neighbor's DD) for $1.49, and some other stuff I already forgot about! ;)

I'm wondering if it would be worth going to the brand new target they just opened last week? Would they have clearance stuff, too, or maybe not because the store is so new? Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks again, DIS-ers for the scoop on this sale. I never would have known to be stalking the aisles if it wasn't for you awesome folks! :cool1:

Just wanted to say thank you guys so much for this thread. I just came back from my Target. I got $275 retail for $60. I have all of my Christmas shopping done for my nieces and nephews and some for my son. He was with me, but thinks they are for other kids. He'll never remember everything. Thanks again.

Just back from the Newport Hwy. store. They had quite a bit at 75% off, but the Legos were only 50%. I'm not surprised since they started at 15% off, but I was hoping they might be 75% off anyway. I went ahead and got the Star Wars AT-TE walker for $44.48 anyway--even if it goes 75% off next week I doubt it would still be there.

Other finds:

Schleich medieval soldiers/knights $1.24-$3.74 they also had elves/fairies
Blokus 3D $6.24
Nerf gun for Wii $3.74
Travel domino game $1.22
Didj game $7.48

I usually walk out with a huge cart full, but there really wasn't that much my kids are interested in this year (except the Lego's--if they had been 75% off we would have filled a cart).

I'd love to have found a didj but they only had a game or two. I just went during lunch.

I got my niece a yo gabba doll that sings and a ballerina barbie looking doll ($4.?? each). A nemo key chain and pinball game ($1.98 each). A fake rattle snake for $3.?? to scare the birds from my sister's kids' swingset. And the BEST find here the motorized thomas trains. The 2 piece type.. they were 50% off and I got my nephew 4 or 5 that he doesn't have. He's potty training and this is GREAT bribery! They were only $5.4?

I went but had all 3 boys w/ me so didn't get a lot of look time, we were short on time also. But did go ahead and get 1 set of the legos at 1/2 off. and one of the Bakuugan large figures. But that was about it. i did better at the other store the other day. I have all boys of different ages to buy for but didn't really see a lot that would work for us.

Just got back from Target. The sales persons were in the toy aisles marking most clearance down to 75 percent. I got the following haul at 75 percent off:
Lego Bionicle Jetrax T6 - $12.48
Lego Bionicle Rockoh T3- $9.98
Lego Bionicle Mistika - $3.22
Lego City Coast Guard Helicopter and Liferaft - $9.98
Lego Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter - $9.98
Mold n Play Soap - $1.74
Matchbox Power Scouts Snake Valley Transporter - $5.18
Didj Fosters Home - $7.48 (got my son the Didj last year at 75% off)
ScienceWiz Light and Energy Sets - $5.18 each
Fantasma Magic Top Hat Show - $3.44
Fizzy Foamy Science Set - $5.18

Spent $79.08 for about $320.00 worth of stuff. My son is a total Lego addict so was thrilled with my finds.

Well I'm glad ya'll told me I should go anyway!!

Got up, went to one store nearby..nothing being marked down, but all the new toys were going out on the shelves. Didn't have time to sit around, so I went to another store nearby. JACKPOT! Marking down as I walked in at 9am. I was the only one there, in a hurry, but got

6 World World sets (LOVE these! Might go back for more in a few)

2 Leapsters

2 Aquadoodle Picnic Baskets

1 Floor Puzzle

1 Our Generation Doll Vanity (have been stalking this for weeks!!)

1 Fur Real puppy that rolls over (gave it to DD already and she LOVES it)

2 Thinkativity learning toys

1 Pirate Moon Sand

1 Viewmaster Projector (been wanting one of these forever for the kids!)

and I think that's it!

The best part is that DS (10) still believes in Santa, so I told him that I think I'll wrap up a lot of the toys I bought for DD (2) and tell her Santa brought them. He totally went for it LOL

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Is it starting today? I was going to go to Target tomorrow to pick something up, so I guess I'll take a look around. I also have a 10% off coupon somewhere, if I remember correctly.

How much were the leapsters going for?

I'm wondering if it would be worth going to the brand new target they just opened last week? Would they have clearance stuff, too, or maybe not because the store is so new? Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks again, DIS-ers for the scoop on this sale. I never would have known to be stalking the aisles if it wasn't for you awesome folks! :cool1:

I went to our brand new Target that just opened today as well and was totally bummed that I wasted the trip....THEY HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON CLEARANCE!!!! Not even 30%..................but I did get some things at the other three Targets I hit. It's weird because a few things that were 75% off at one Target were not even clearanced at the other two Targets...it's so random.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter