Talk to me about packing...

Daysleeper40

DIS Veteran
SO... we've been to Orlando three times and are off for our fourth in May of this year. Each time I have come home thinking that I did not pack very well... too much of some things, not enough of others - and a mess of a suitcase. This was particularly tru on our last 17 night trip where we stayed at three resorts.

My plan for this trip is to invest in some of these packing cube / case tidy things you can buy and pack specifically for each resort (we're staying at the Poly for 6 nights / Renaissance by Seaworld for 6 nights / Royal Pacific for 5 nights). My question is - what / how do all of you (specifically the ladies) pack for your trips??

Pack light, we only take enough for about ten days worth of clothing. Make sure you have plenty of underwear though. Have a couple of sets of swimwear each too. At least two pairs of shoes/ sandals each other than the ones you wear to travel in. Break that footwear in well before you wear then in the parks. This gives you enough footwear to cover the basics and in case of downpours. Take one packable poncho (in a reusable pack) each. Do laundry on an off day and take a swim while you do that. Only take enough essential toiletries for the first few days you can buy more over there. In fact I prefer their sunscreen products to the ones we have available. Take minimal makeup it tends to smudge quickly over there in their humid weather.
I take my preferred feminine hygiene products since their products are differently manufactured over there and I don't like their versions of some brands we have.
We try to stick to this every time and end up with cases at around the 19-20kg weight going out and lighter coming home again. Make sure if you have an ADR for a signature restaurant that you each have a suitable outfit each including footwear. Other than this have fun.

Last edited:
We used to take tonnes and find it so much more enjoyable packing light.

We do do some washing whilst swimming.

We cut out most fancy clothes(it's Florida so rarely need to dress up).

Buy cheap bulky things in Florida (e.g. Nappies).

Managed 16 nights in Florida for the four of us with two cases (unfortunately we had to carry buggies and car seats two!).

Pack light, we only take enough for about ten days worth of clothing. Make sure you have plenty of underwear though. Have a couple of sets of swimwear each too. At least two pairs of shoes/ sandals each other than the ones you wear to travel in. Break that footwear in well before you wear then in the parks. This gives you enough footwear to cover the basics and in case of downpours. Take one packable poncho (in a reusable pack) each. Do laundry on an off day and take a swim while you do that. Only take enough essential toiletries for the first few days you can buy more over there. In fact I prefer their sunscreen products to the ones we have available. Take minimal makeup it tends to smudge quickly over there in their humid weather.
I take my preferred feminine hygiene products since their products are differently manufactured over there and I don't like their versions of some brands we have.
We try to stick to this every time and end up with cases at around the 19-20kg weight going out and lighter coming home again. Make sure if you have an ADR for a signature restaurant that you each have a suitable outfit each including footwear. Other than this have fun.
t.

Thank you - shoes are definitely something I need to be smarter about. I've got myself a pair of proper walking sandles for this trip - good for going on water rides!
Good point about the signature - we do have an ADR at Narcoossees which will be our first signature experience and I'd not really considered dress code! MAkeup will most definitely be minimal - I can't bear wearing makeup in sweaty weather!

We used to take tonnes and find it so much more enjoyable packing light.
We do do some washing whilst swimming.
We cut out most fancy clothes(it's Florida so rarely need to dress up).
Buy cheap bulky things in Florida (e.g. Nappies).
Managed 16 nights in Florida for the four of us with two cases (unfortunately we had to carry buggies and car seats two!).

Well that is impressive!! I really do want to pack light and wash more stuff this time. We have done washing before - but generally to bring a bag of clean stuff home rather than wear again.

I think light pack is really good. Focus more on what is necessary for the trip like food, basic stuff and clothing. Don't forget your swim suits and light clothing. I think light clothing and swim suits makes you feel more comfortable and you can enjoy more. You can click here to view some. Also, sunscreens, sunglasses and sun hats are important too.

Pack light comfy clothes and don't worry if you forget something. If it's worth having it can be bought in Florida xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter