Tales with Belle question

Kwdsue

Mouseketeer
I have a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle from 11:50 - 12:50. From what I can tell, everyone starts in Maurice's workshop and then goes into a room for an interactive story with Belle. After that, does everyone have a chance to meet Belle and have a picture taken? How long does the whole experience typically take? Since there is a story time, I assume we should get there by 11:50. Is that correct?

You can get there anytime in the window, it isn't a show like Beauty and the Beast at HS. The kids who volunteer (and two dads who volunteer as Knights get their pics taken with Belle (no autographs). I think kids who didn't volunteer can also meet her if you ask. I'd estimate it takes 30-40 minutes on average.

Only the kids will have a chance for a picture with Belle, and any adults that are chosen to help (usually two men). My husband was chosen as a Knight, and my daughter wasn't chosen, but they both got pictures with Belle. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I don't think it was longer than half an hour. You go into the cottage, they bring you into a room where they choose the helpers (a few kids and two adults), then they have everyone go into the "library" for the story time, then they do pictures with Belle at the end. There are not showtimes; there aren't on the WDW website. It's kind of, as soon as one group leaves, the next one comes in. As long as you've scanned your FP during your FP window you're assured to be in the next group. They let the FP people in first.

30 minutes tops for the whole thing. They let anyone line up and take the pictures when we were there. It's not a very interactive meet and greet. After the little show its a quick walk through for pictures. It's mostly an experience with a quick photo op at the end.

Pretty much what others have said. About 30-40 minutes. Ours was longer due to technical difficulties. Your child can choose whether they want to participate or not, but all children get a chance to meet Belle and have their pictures taken. No autographs.

FP holders go to a different entrance than standby guests.
I won't discuss the "magic" involved, but FP guests and standby guests are not generally "combined" to see the show.

Oh I had no idea! We didn't have a FP so we were in the regular line. The FP people went through the different door. I didn't know they weren't in the room with us! (We were near the back of the group.)

I didn't get to! We were told only the kids and then the adults chosen to participate. Maybe it differs by CM? :confused:

It USED to be that way for all shows.

Then, they changed it to "all can get a photo"
and that is the current way it is announced to guests at the show.

If you were denied a photo, and your trip was within the last year (give or take...)
you may have encountered an ill-informed CM.

Last edited:
None of my kids wanted to actually participate in the story the last time we went a few months ago, but all of them wanted a picture with Belle. They let everyone take a photo, but they did rush them a little faster than your typical character meet and greet.

This was our worst experience by far. I had read ahead of time all kids could get a picture so I wasn’t worried when my princess loving daughter was too scared to participate in the show. When we asked to get her in the end of the line to get a picture they flat out told us no, it was only for people that participated. We left there with our daughter sobbing. There were only maybe 5 kids who didn’t participate and 3 were mine. Only one of mine wanted a picture so I was shocked they wouldn’t let her since almost every other kid was already getting a picture.

This was last June so maybe they have become more tolerant of non-participators by now.

This was our worst experience by far. I had read ahead of time all kids could get a picture so I wasn’t worried when my princess loving daughter was too scared to participate in the show. When we asked to get her in the end of the line to get a picture they flat out told us no, it was only for people that participated. We left there with our daughter sobbing. There were only maybe 5 kids who didn’t participate and 3 were mine. Only one of mine wanted a picture so I was shocked they wouldn’t let her since almost every other kid was already getting a picture.

This was last June so maybe they have become more tolerant of non-participators by now.
Oh my gosh I am so sad and mad for your daughter! :sad: :sad2: That just wasn't right AT ALL! :mad:

My sense is that crowds play a big role. The first time we went, we were in fastpass, it was early in the day (I think around 9:45am) and there were fewer than 10 kids . My son was too shy to participate, but he wanted to give Belle a hug and they said that was fine, and we got a cute photo out of it. The second time, we were standby, and it was early afternoon so the park was busier, and the room was PACKED. Around 20 kids and all of their parents too. So obviously, not all kids got to participate, and they were stricter about photos only for participants.

I can tell if it was fastpass vs standby that made the difference, or if it was the time of day/crowd level, but it was definitely two very different experiences.

I have a very nervous kid. Is participation completely done by volunteers? Or is someone asking kids to participate? I would like to be able to tell him exactly what to expect and how he can watch without fear of having to be involved. Thanks for any advice/info you all have!

I have a very nervous kid. Is participation completely done by volunteers? Or is someone asking kids to participate? I would like to be able to tell him exactly what to expect and how he can watch without fear of having to be involved. Thanks for any advice/info you all have!

CMs may ask, but he is free to decline. Children are not forced to participate.

My sense is that crowds play a big role. The first time we went, we were in fastpass, it was early in the day (I think around 9:45am) and there were fewer than 10 kids . My son was too shy to participate, but he wanted to give Belle a hug and they said that was fine, and we got a cute photo out of it. The second time, we were standby, and it was early afternoon so the park was busier, and the room was PACKED. Around 20 kids and all of their parents too. So obviously, not all kids got to participate, and they were stricter about photos only for participants.

I can tell if it was fastpass vs standby that made the difference, or if it was the time of day/crowd level, but it was definitely two very different experiences.

We had a fast pass, we were actually the only ones in the fast pass line and it wasn’t full at all, but we were not allowed a picture or hug. I think it just depends who is working or what mood they are in.

One of mine is super duper anxious and shy and they did coax her into participating, but not in an obnoxious way. All the kids who didn't volunteer for a "big" role were given what I'd call a "bit part" where they didn't really have to do anything except join in the parade in the back - no talking, no interacting beyond the photo, they had one part where they were supposed to dance around and mine of course stood there mostly very shy and it was fine.

If she had refused to take the bit part they definitely wouldn't have made her - and the way they offered it to her was not at all aggressive, very, "hey wanna play?!" but I was glad they had a way for super shy/anxious kids to participate without making them feel put on the spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter