Taking Stitch to Hawaii and NOT Leaving Him There

dolphingirl47

In Search of the Tag Fairy
Day 1

Finally the day I was waiting for had arrived. We were finally on holiday. I had an airport car service pick me up from the office and take me to the Crowne Plaza at Manchester Airport.

P1010038.jpg

I had upgraded us to a Club Room earlier in the week. Check in was very smooth and after I had taken my luggage to our room, I went to the Club Lounge to check my emails and Facebook and to have my first J2O. They only had raspberry and apple, but that was rather pleasant.

P1000985.jpg

P1000987.jpg

P1000988.jpg

I figured that I better check if Graham had arrived. We had both aimed to get to the hotel between 16:00 and 16:30, but I had got there a little earlier. I could not see him at first and was just about heading back to the club lounge when I spotted him near the screens showing the arrivals and departures. We took his stuff up to the room and just relaxed for a bit.

We decided to head back to the club lounge. We both had a soft drink and I took care of a number of things online. I made another attempt to check in online for our flights the next day. I had tried earlier on at work and could not get it to work at all. This time round, it was quite willing to check in Graham, but gave an error message for me saying that my passport had expired. My passport is still valid until July 2014 so I don't know what was going on there. I considered for a minute or two to just check in Graham, but figured that it would just complicate things the following morning. So I left it and we would both check in at the airport.

P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010036.jpg

At some stage, Graham had gone back up to the room. From 18:00 to 20:00, they serve alcoholic drinks and canapés in the club lounge. I decided to go and got him. Graham had a Newcastle Brown Ale and I had a Gin and Tonic. I also had some gorgeous canapés with hummus and grilled peppers and a couple of spring rolls. I had a pretty busy day at work and had not eaten much so I needed something to soak up the alcohol.

Once we had finished our drinks, we headed over to the restaurant. They have a fabulous oriental restaurant called Sampans in this hotel that easily makes my top 5. When we got there, it was still really quiet. They had a new set menu and we decided to go with this. We had prawn crackers, chicken satay and sesame prawn toast for our starter, which came with three different dips including a gorgeous peanut sauce. Next up was chicken and sweetcorn soup. For our main courses we got Chicken Massaman Curry, Beef in Black Bean Sauce and King Prawns Kung Po. We also got a bowl of egg fried rice. Everything was delicious even though the Chicken Massaman Curry was a little bit on the salty side. Once we had finished this, we were offered tea or coffee. I had some Chinese tea and Graham went with a filter coffee.

I had the best intentions to head back to the club lounge for a post dinner liqueur, but by the time we had finished dinner, I was both stuffed and tired and this no longer appealed. Graham was tired, too, so we headed back to the room. We got ready for bed and then had an early night.

yay a TR..:thumbsup2
Loving the great start.
The club level looks just like the one at the Gatwick Hilton.:)

I am really looking forward to your view of the cruise with a young couple from the UK's eyes.....each family sees the cruises in a different way!:goodvibes

I am really looking forward to your view of the cruise with a young couple from the UK's eyes.....each family sees the cruises in a different way!:goodvibes

Definitely. We had an absolutely amazing time. I can't wait to relive it all through this trip report.

Corinna

Hello!:wave2: Lovely start! It sounds so nice to stay so close to the airport.

Definitely. We had an absolutely amazing time. I can't wait to relive it all through this trip report.

Corinna

Subscribing...can't wait to read more. Was nice meeting you Corinna and thanks for all little goodies :)

We had a great time on our cruise - seeing it thru your eyes and experiences will be fun! :) Thanks again for all the treats! We sure have loved them! :)

Lizzy'sMom
Andrea

Really looking forward to your TR Corinna, and off to a good start:goodvibes more please!

I am here!!!! Late but here!

Plenty of time. I am going to take this nice and slowly. I am crazy busy at work at the moment as I will start my jury duty a week on Wednesday and I don't know what this will bring either.

Corinna

Plenty of time. I am going to take this nice and slowly. I am crazy busy at work at the moment as I will start my jury duty a week on Wednesday and I don't know what this will bring either.

Corinna

no problem for me... I am so behind on everyone's TRs that I will enjoy the break! haha... Looking forward to the read, but take your time and enjoy it!

Great start, looking forward to the rest:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter