Taking a Disney break - what are your vacations plans this year?

We've done Disney 2-3 times each year since 2001. Also went to other destinations, but WDW was always on the list.
Slowed down to 1 WDW visit yearly when DD hit high school, as missing more than a day or two was out of the question. (We may have even skipped 2016?). Been back yearly, including this past October.
But....I think we are finally ready for a break.

We have a couple things on the calendar 2019.
1. Trip to Universal at RPR then switching to a Golf Resort (yes, to golf) in March
2. Wedding of a friend/beach vacation in April
3. Our condos in Orange Beach in May
4. DD's 21st bday celebration in Vegas!!!!!!

We prefer to only go to WDW every couple of years or so (absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that, not to mention I'm not made of $$$)... we do bigger trips and we also do mini, extended weekend trips to places that aren't far from us (so no plane tickets needed)... in the last couple of years we've done:

Longer trips...

- Outer Banks (rent a big house with several family members)
- Williamsburg VA / Norfolk VA (usually stop here a day or two on the way to OBX)
- Ocean City MD

Mini Excursions... (we do more of these because we can scatter them throughout the year and more affordable)

- Camping or Cabin Camping at NYS state parks - Allegany, Keuka Lake, Finger Lakes, Letchworth, etc.
- Niagara Falls (we live in Buffalo so this is just an afternoon trip or whatever, we take out of town visitors here also)
- Baltimore MD (from here originally so whenever we visit my parents I try to do something out and about)
- Great Wolf Lodge Ontario
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- Splash Lagoon in Erie PA
- Cleveland OH for March Madness stuff
- Pittsburgh PA

I have a tentative WDW vacation in December planned, however this is very much up in the air. I only booked a BB to lock in the discount.

We are booked for Aruba in July and will be traveling to Maryland in October for my nephews wedding. It will be a mini family reunion/vacation.

We travel quite a bit. Heading to Beaches in Turks and Caicos in February (we do this every February break), I am currently researching Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge TN for April break (it would be our first time in that part of the country), and then doing London, Israel and Paris in June/July. Kids are 11 and 13 so are easily able to travel, etc.

We only do Disney every 5 years and 2018 was our trip so in 4 years we will go back.

But every April we go to my sisters in Ft. Myers and spend the week+ at the beaches in her neck of the woods.

Two years ago, we drove down to marathon for 2 nights and we were go8ng to snorkel at the lighthouse but the waves were too big so one days we did the bay and another day we drove to key west, too a picture, turned around and left...and went to the seven mile bridge. Last year we spend a night in key largo so we could snorkel/scuba and then a night in singer island for a few to scuba. This year we are flying into FLL because it was $200 cheaper then RSW so we will start the trip on singer island and my dh, DS, sister and BIL can scuba while myself and my 2 dds and maybe my mom hang at the pool/beach.

We took a break a couple years ago and did White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns. It is our girls favorite vacation to date. My dh loves to remind me(a little to often!!) that it is our cheapest vacation ever.

Travels in the past few years included: France, England, Acadia NP in Maine, San Francisco, and Lancaster PA (road trip for us). In the future, we are hoping to do some of the national parks out west, an Alaskan cruise, and return to Europe (France or Italy). I’d also like to visit Iceland someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter