Take the DIS WISH challenge here

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
W.I.S.H. = We’re Inspired to Stay Healthy

What is the WISH challenge? The challenge was created by Kelsie and it is a way to help motivate us to become and stay more healthy.

Who can take the challenge? Anyone who is determined to become more healthy. Whether you are working to lose weight, gain weight, exercising your way to better health, trying to get your lipids into a safe range, having a healthy pregnancy, anyone can take the WISH challenge. The only requirement is the desire for better physical health.

How do you take the challenge? All you need to do is post your intention to take the challenge here on this thread. That’s all there is to it. You don’t have to tell us your size or weight but I would appreciate it if you would tell us your plan for achieving better health.

Keep us informed of your progress Try to visit WISH often and participate as much as you can.

WISH clipart You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a zero loss no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an sticky post containg the official WISH clipart and excellent instructions right here

There are also cliparts for our fun challenges to help keep you motivated.

Remember The WISH challenge is not restricted to those who want to lose weight. There is more to being healthy than that–good health has a lot of components and our weight is just one.

I hope you will decide to take the WISH challenge and join the wonderful support group here. WISH is a helpful and friendly place.

Katholyn

I'm planning on staring tommorrow. Walking 25 minutes per day and watching what I eat. Wish me luck!

:)
I thought the challenge was only for losing weight but since it includes getting and staying healthy, count me in! This is such a friendly and supportive group of Diser's.

:cool:

My DH and I have been doing the South Beach diet since August 4th. Definitedly add us to the WISH challenge.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Decided today that it's time to join in and lose the excess weight I have. I'm looking into weight watchers online as I think it will work best for me. Got to start exercising as well!

Hello I am new to the WISH boards and would like to join today 9/15. I started Weight Watchers Mommy & Me last Thursday. I also started walking/running everyday or going to the gym. I hope I can find support here to help me reach my goal of losing 20lbs. by Nov. 13th. I have been struggling with my weight since I had my DS two years ago. I am sick of my pants being tight and not feeling good about the way I look when I get ready to go somewhere. I am very excited about WISH and can't wait to get my 5lb. icon!

I'm so happy to see some new people taking the challenge!

<b>dizneyfam</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I'm really glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

I'll list your plan as "eating sensibly" if that is alright with you. We have many WISHers who are eating sensibly, so if you need advice or information don't hesitate to ask, you will have many speedy replies, I'm sure.

<b>Candlelady</b> I'm glad you decided to join us. How do you plan to achieve better health?

Visit often, WISH is a helpful and motivating place :)

<b>msdisney53</b> Welcome to WISH. I'm so glad you are taking the WISH challenge. We have many WISHers who are following the South Beach Diet so if you have any questions about the program, all you need to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies.

I hope you can visit WISH often.

<b>WDWLVR</b> It's great to see you here! We have several WISHers who are following the WW program online, you have some great company.

Visit often, okay? I think you will be pleased at how helpful it is to visit WISH and to particpate here. It has sure helped me a lot!

<b>disneychick05</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I'm glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

Weight Watchers is an excellent plan. We have many WISHers who have excellent success following that program. If you have any questions about the program, all you need to do is ask and your fellow WISHers will be quick to answer.

Sounds like you have a reasonable goal and an excellent plan in place. Good for you taking control before you had more than 20 pounds to lose. Wish I had done that.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

Are you ready to <i>succeed</i> at getting healthier? I sure hope so because you are all WISHers now and that's what we do her, we <b>succeed</b>.

Onward and downward, my new friends,

Katholyn

I am hoping to drop three sized by December. Just received the "Total Gym" today and with WW hope to be down inches and lbs. Have a dress in the closet I have never been able to wear and hope it will fit for my birthday the end of this month. Looking forward to guidance and tips. Love the recipe ideas. Need to know the points for Tilapia (fish).

I am so glad to find this board!! This is my first post. We are 81 days away from our Disney trip in December. I joined WW back in May to achieve my goals of becoming a more healthy person and dropping some of that weight I have added on over the years.

Started walking this Summer for excercise, but also to prepare for our Dec. trip. I don't want to be panting when I'm trying to keep up this year!!

My main goal of course is my overall health going forward, but of course feeling better and being a little smaller for our upcoming trip is a nice extra!!

Anyone with any tips for staying on program or healthy snacks in the parks, I would love to hear them!!

Thanks!!

<b>faireygod mother</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH, I'm really glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

We have many WISHers who follow the WW plan and have had wonderful success. If you have any questions about the program all you need to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies. If you have information to share be sure and post that too.

I'm very glad you are part of our support group now, you are going to do just great, I'm sure of it.

<b>trola2</b> Another brand new DISer and a new WISHer too. How great! I'm glad to see you here. I'm glad that you found us, too.

Good for you joining WW. You have a ready made WW support group here on WISH as well as lots of WISHers following all different kinds of plans who are ready to help you along the road to goal.

If you need ideas for WW safe snacks in the parks or anywhere else, just post a request on WISH and you will get speedy replies.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

It looks like you both have your goals set and your plan in place. Now that you have the WISH support group to help you are on your way to goal. You're going to be <b>successful</b>, too. All of your new WISH friends are going to help you. Visit often and no lurking, okay? It is helpful to all of us when you participate here, it will especially help <i>you</i>. I promise :)

Katholyn

I definitely want to be included in WISH!!

I have been on WW since September 2001. At my lowest, I had lost 116 pounds, but I've put a lot back on. I now need to lose 35 pounds to hit my goal.

I want to get there by my 40th birthday trip to Disney World in May!

Beth

Welcome to WISH, <b>bethbuchall</b>. It's wonderful to see you here. I think you have set yourself a reasonable goal and you have already had some terrific success with WW so I have no doubt that you will be successful.

We have a lot of WISHers following the WW plan. You have a great support group waiting to help you reach goal. Visit often and join in the discussions, I think you will be surprised at how helpful that can be.

You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.

I'm really glad that you are going to be part of my support group, now. The WISH support group is motivating and helpful and just very friendly. I think you are going to be a great addition :)

Katholyn

I would like to join for support as well. I just found out in March 2003 that I have a condition called hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. After taking to my doctor I figured out I have had this for about seven years possibly a lot longer and it has gotten progressively worse. Hypoglycemia is kind of pre-diabetes so in order to make it better I need to lose weight and eat a very low amount of carbs. This condition was made worse because when I was pregnant with DS now 2 1/2 I developed pre-eclampsia which is basically high blood pressure. I was on bed rest for three weeks before I was finally induced due to swelling. That caused a bit of weight gain in the end. Also I had some muscle problems that I finished physical therapy for about three months ago. So I was so long, but I just wanted you to have a bit of background of where I am coming from.
So anyway I am doing sort of my own version of Atkins since mid July. I have already lost ten pounds. My goal is to lose between 30 to 40 pounds and to get back to exercising. Because of my muscle problems I can only do walking and some low impact exercise. I could really use some support. My husband is great, but I come from a very family who tells you you are fat even if your a fit size 7/8. They make fun of my hypoglycemia saying it is the "you can't stop eating disease". I truely believe if they had taken my problem into consideration when I was still living at home I would not be having these problems now. Anyway I look forward to sharing with everyone!:D

Started Atkins! Goal - to go down a couple of dress sizes and feel healthy and be healthy.

Would like to "buddy-up" with two people - one person to mentor me - and someone like me who is new to this eating plan so we can give each other encouragement!

thanks!
:D

Originally posted by nativetxn

<b>Candlelady</b> I'm glad you decided to join us. How do you plan to achieve better health?

Oops, forgot the most important part :D
We are LCing. I'm calling it a modified Atkins. Also going to do my best to get out and start walking again. Just have to get off my butt and DO IT! ;)

I'm new to WISH and the Dis Boards too. Today is my 2 year anniversary for starting Atkins. The first year I dropped 7 dress sizes, but this past year, I haven't lost anything. I'm refocusing today with the goal of dropping the last 2 dress sizes by spring. The support and encouragement from this board is great and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

I have posted before but didn't actually "join". I do a lot of reading of posts but not much posting of my own! I joined WW with my sister in Feb. She was once a lifetime member and was trying to get back down to goal (about 30-35 pounds). On the other hand, I was a LOOOONG way from goal. In fact, I haven't even set a goal weight yet. So far I have lost 60.1 pounds. This is the third time I have done WW and I really like all the changes they've made in the program since the first time I was a member (way back in the late 70s). I think this is a lifestyle that I can live with! I need to lose somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 more pounds. My short term goal is to have lost 75 pounds by the time we go to WDW in November - which would be 15 pounds.

I joined WW a week ago, haven't lost anything yet:( but I know I have to be patient). My goal is to lose about 16 but immediate goal is 10. Hoping to lose some by our November trip. I'll have to really try to behave then!!!

I exercise almost everyday, WW helps motivate me since you get extra points for that. I used to exercise often but then started slacking off as my dd got older. (she used to love stroller walks in the morning)

Good luck to everyone starting out!! And congrats to those that are on their way!! And double congrats to the achievers!!:p:p

Ladies and Gentleman,

Good to finally pull out of lurk mode and move full steam ahead.

Last night I signed up for eDiets.com's Atkins plan. I'm currently printing out my weekly meal plan, shopping list, etc.

I came across this board by complete accident. I'm a Disney Park fanatic, so I frequent all kinds of Disney fan sites. I've yet to visit WDW and am on a mission to do so.

I'm also on a mission to lose some weight! What a combo this site is!!

Background:
I'm a 24 year old male Californian - born and raised. So my home park, obviously, is the Original .. its what got me so hooked into the Disney Parks.

Right now I'm standing at 6'4 tall (Don't think that'll change!) and a weight of 240lbs. I'd like to lose 40 lbs and see where I'm at then..

I chose Atkins because I've heard good things about it.
I chose eDiets because..well..it seemed like a logical way to go. I'm a very busy (Who isn't busy these days?) professional..and the planned meals, shopping lists, recipes, etc seemed to make sense.

So..it's good to be in this community. Any 'newbie' posts that'd be good for me to read? I'd like to stay as active on the board as I can. You guys seem to have really good tips and ideas - and seem like a great bunch!

Take care,
"D"
:earsboy: :wave:
PS: I did start a thread, saying the above - but as I dug further I learned this is the OFFICIAL place to sign up for WISH! :)

Hi all :)

I am going on my 4th week of weight watchers and so far have lost 4.2 lbs :p It's a start my ultimate goal is to lose about 150 lbs. to get me around 150. I know it's going to take a long time and it's going to be hard along the way. But I love these boards and think this is a fabulous (sp?) idea. I am doing weight watchers with some friends from work and that helps with the motivation of going to meetings, so for those of us on the boards that don't have meetings to go to, I know that by posting we can all keep the encouragement going strong!!!! My current weight that I started out with was 294.5 and i am 5'5". I am going to WDW in December the 1st thru the 8th for the first time ever and I'm really excited so I would like to have lost even 15 lbs by then will help tremendously :)

So anyway Thanks for starting this group and best of luck to all of you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter