Tables in Wonderland

Tim at DVC News is reporting the cards are officially for sale to DVC owners now. Click here for article.

If we always travel last week of May, am I correct that if I purchase the TiW card there on arrival that 1 purchase would be valid for 2 trips?

I just got off the phone with TIW. This was the second time today I talked to them. A very nice person reiterated that tiw is not currently available to dvc members (without ap or florida residence). She said that anyone who received one already probably got it because they were doing a "soft opening" similar to when they try a new ride prior to it actually being open. Obviously testing a card seems quite different that testing a ride, but this is what she said both this morning and on the call this afternoon. I told her I'm very frustrated that I could not get one while others did. She said perhaps I should talk to dvc, but they are the ones who sent me to her. I hate to give up, but they are making this tough.

I just got off the phone with TIW. This was the second time today I talked to them. A very nice person reiterated that tiw is not currently available to dvc members (without ap or florida residence). She said that anyone who received one already probably got it because they were doing a "soft opening" similar to when they try a new ride prior to it actually being open. Obviously testing a card seems quite different that testing a ride, but this is what she said both this morning and on the call this afternoon. I told her I'm very frustrated that I could not get one while others did. She said perhaps I should talk to dvc, but they are the ones who sent me to her. I hate to give up, but they are making this tough.

According to the story I posted above, you need to get the card at theme park or DTD Guest Relations windows. It sounds like you played Cast Member Roulette and lost. I'd call back and try for another one.

A very frequent poster on the "other" board that loves the MOUSE and are dvc OWNERS posted that today was officially the rollout of the TIW card for DVC Ownes. Not sure if it is true, since I didn't get anything from DVC but that is the store over there.

I'm very disappointed that it's going to cost $100. Unlike FL residents who might get to WDW quite often and be able to use the card frequently, we don't do any more trips per year as DVC members than we did before as AP holders booking rooms with the AP discount. It will probably make sense for those with a larger family but as a party of two, it's hard to justify $100 for the card since it takes $500 in dining charges just to break even. For those trips where we have an AP we'll continue to get one as long as the AP holder's price remains reasonable.

I'm very disappointed that it's going to cost $100. Unlike FL residents who might get to WDW quite often and be able to use the card frequently, we don't do any more trips per year as DVC members than we did before as AP holders booking rooms with the AP discount. It will probably make sense for those with a larger family but as a party of two, it's hard to justify $100 for the card since it takes $500 in dining charges just to break even. For those trips where we have an AP we'll continue to get one as long as the AP holder's price remains reasonable.

For a week-long trip my dh and I could go through $500 in dinners since some are signature and all are table service. So I do think it would work for us.

But, for our upcoming trip, there will be 4 of us for 8 nights, and I believe between CG and Yachtsman, I'll be out ahead already. :banana:

I looked into the DDDP but I think TiW would work better for us.

If it makes you feel any better, with Disney's price increases at restaurants, it's probably as easy to spend $500 now as it was to spend $375 not too long ago. :headache:

If it makes you feel any better, with Disney's price increases at restaurants, it's probably as easy to spend $500 now as it was to spend $375 not too long ago. :headache:
You're right about that! We only eat 4 or 5 TS meals during a typical 7-night stay so we haven't hit that number yet but it's only a matter of time...

We are going in November for 5 nights in November with 4 adults and 2 kids. I'm thinking we should be able to make it worth while. My wife is planning a castle dining for my mother, her, and daughter. That's $30 right there alone. I'm thinking we will make up the other $70 on the rest of the trip right?

I HAVE AN adr at Cindy's in a few weeks. I am planning to get the TIW card. Since Cindy's is paid for, do they refund the 20%???? How do they do that with the tip included? Thanks!

Don't forget that TiW is good for drinks too. We always manage to stop at the Rose and Crown for a few Guinness. It is amazing how fast it adds up!! :)

I've read on the other board that you can pick up the TiW card at the Customer Service stations at the parks but I can't get at the BWV (where I will be staying in Aug/Sept.

I will be staying 8 nights and won't be hitting a park until the 4th day or so.

So, with this in mind, can I walk over to the International Gateway and get the card without having to get into a park?

Thanks so much.

I've read on the other board that you can pick up the TiW card at the Customer Service stations at the parks but I can't get at the BWV (where I will be staying in Aug/Sept.

I will be staying 8 nights and won't be hitting a park until the 4th day or so.

So, with this in mind, can I walk over to the International Gateway and get the card without having to get into a park?

Thanks so much.

The ticket booths and Guest Services is outside of the park.

:earsboy: Bill

I HAVE AN adr at Cindy's in a few weeks. I am planning to get the TIW card. Since Cindy's is paid for, do they refund the 20%???? How do they do that with the tip included? Thanks!

That is what they did with us. We just had a credit applied to our bill at the end of the meal.

The ticket booths and Guest Services is outside of the park.

:earsboy: Bill
Perfect!
I'll walk over to the International Gateway the day we arrive right after we get settled and get our clothes put away. THANKS so much!

Right. And you can also get one at Guest Relations at DTD if that's more convenient.
Thanks. If I were staying at my home resort, SSR, I would take the walk over to DTD. This trip we are staying at BWVs so will walk over to International Gateway.

Thanks so much to everyone!

Can someone renting points from a DVC member buy the TiW for a trip using points?

facebook twitter