Tables in Wonderland Returning?

DH and I both ordered from the prix fixe but got no TIW discount. I think it must be hit or miss since CarolynFH says she got the discount in March. I know we used to get the discount but not this last trip.

Yes it was a lot of food but we took the leftovers back to our room for another day. We were leaving after the meal so it worked out well for us.

Actually, the prix fixe is what we ordered in March and used our TIW discount on.
So another thing that has changed. I thought it may have, since the Prix Fixe menu doesn't limit your choice of options anymore. But under the old Prix Fixe menu, where your choices were limited to specific entrees and only the Onion Soup for an appetizer, it was also much cheaper. This one includes a glass of wine. :rolleyes1

I personally don’t see this coming back until dining is fully back and they need to offer incentives to encourage dining in Disney properties. I do think it will be back as I view this as net revenue generator for Disney.

TIW was accepted at Chefs de France for lunch, but they haven’t accepted it for dinner for years.

I know it used to be that the TiW at Chefs didn't apply to the Prix Fixe selections, I wonder if that is still true? Not that I'd order the current Prix Fixe, that's a lot of food. And ordering an appetizer, main entrée and dessert (from what would likely be my selections of choice) it basically would give me a free glass of wine or other beverage. But again, too much food.

It would be nice if TiW was doing the same thing as APs...if you had one expire during the closure, allow you to buy a new on that you can activate on your next trip.
I’ve never understood your last paragraph, where folks reference AP’s or TIW expiring during the closure.
Maybe I’m terribly mistaken, but I didn’t think anybody had one expire during the closure.

I’ve never understood your last paragraph, where folks reference AP’s or TIW expiring during the closure.
Maybe I’m terribly mistaken, but I didn’t think anybody had one expire during the closure.
My AP was supposed to expire at the end of May 2020. I didn't renew because the parks were closed. I had planned to renew for a scheduled June 2020 trip, but of course, that didn't happen. Even though it was extended after the parks reopened, I don't have a trip planned until Thanksgiving, after having to cancel June 2020. WDW is allowing new purchases for an AP that can be activated on my planned trip (not a renewal) but it has to go through an AP recovery team, not DVC.

When I was there last month I found that some of the restaurants, Chefs De France for example, are not honoring the discount.
Chefs de France always honored TiW at lunch only.

And those $18 cocktails are only $14.40 which makes them only overpriced by $6! Such a deal! :earboy2:
So true. Amazing how alcoholic beverage costs have increased since last year. Wow.

We always did Dining Plan so there was no need for discounts, now with no sign of that happening soon wish I knew more about TIW. Was it attached to AP or available by itself ?

We always did Dining Plan so there was no need for discounts, now with no sign of that happening soon wish I knew more about TIW. Was it attached to AP or available by itself ?

AP and DVC owners we’re allowed to purchase it.

TIW is great ! Ours expired in May of 2020 but was extended 6 months and so we used it in September, October, November, and December.

The savings @ Be Our Guest was the most because we ordered adult beverages and there were 4 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!